Tennis: US Open 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Sinner takes the third set 6-1. He did some important things right. He first served badly (48%) but was deadly when he got the serve in play winning 88% of the points. He broke down Paul's forehand patiently and that paid big dividends eventually, and he was killer at the net (20/25) though he probably should have gone up more. He won a lot of points on smarts and doggedness, but I wouldn't say he looked sharp. There must have been 12 or 15 easy points that he uncharacteristicallly didn't bury. He will need to raise his game if he wants to win this championship.

Last edited:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Everyone has to watch Sinner live once, some of the shot making is ludicrous. The BP in the third set to go up 2-0 on Paul was absurdity live.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Today's fearless predictions:

Navarro over Badosa: I just can't quite escape the feeling that so far this tournament Badosa is doing it with mirrors. I think she is more vulnerable than she has looked.

Sabalenka over Zheng: Wish it were the other way around but Sabalenka seems destined to win this thing.

Zverev over Fritz: Bah. However, I have bet all my vcash on Zverev in hopes of jinxing the SOB

Dimitrov over Tiafoe: Tiafoe will have the big crowd going crazy, but Dimitrov just seems the steadier, safer, more even-keel bet.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Today's fearless predictions:

Navarro over Badosa: I just can't quite escape the feeling that so far this tournament Badosa is doing it with mirrors. I think she is more vulnerable than she has looked.

Sabalenka over Zheng: Wish it were the other way around but Sabalenka seems destined to win this thing.

Zverev over Fritz: Bah. However, I have bet all my vcash on Zverev in hopes of jinxing the SOB

Dimitrov over Tiafoe: Tiafoe will have the big crowd going crazy, but Dimitrov just seems the steadier, safer, more even-keel bet.

I like these, Emma looks to a good start so far for ya as well lol.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Badosa really fell apart in that match. She looked tense in the first set which she lost 6-2 while Navarro looked relaxed and ready to compete. In the second set, Badosa found her game well enough to go up 5-1, after which she could hardly win a point for the next string of games, eventually losing six in a row to lose 7-5. Monumental self-destruction on a big stage. Credit Navarro, though, for playing smart, heady tennis and keeping the pressure mercilessly on.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Fritz winning that set after blowing the 3-0 has to be a good mental hurdle, tough for Zverev. I like Dimi/Foe but it seems like the winner of this gets to the final imo

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fritz played the better tennis in that match. Theoretically Zverev is the more talented player and was probably the favorite, but he was too tentative and the few times he tried to play aggressive he looked nervous. Fritz played aggressive tennis and dictated the match on his terms, even if Sasha’s serve was able to keep it close.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Fritz played the better tennis in that match. Theoretically Zverev is the more talented player and was probably the favorite, but he was too tentative and the few times he tried to play aggressive he looked nervous. Fritz played aggressive tennis and dictated the match on his terms, even if Sasha’s serve was able to keep it close.

Sasha just doesn't have it mentally, the final v Thiem broke him so f***ing bad

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
You might want to wait for the schedule to come out, I believe past few years they have made the men’s semi finals two separate sessions to make even more money.

Will do. I assume the prices are gonna be gnarly if it's Fritz v Foe but I'm willing to spend it with 2 Americans in the semis. Already saw Jannik last night so I have no real care if they do split it up.

Reactions: 17futurecap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad