Management UPDATE: Steve Staios GM and POHO, Dave Poulin Senior VP of Hockey Operations

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
he certainly commanded respect. and i doubt he would have been as successful if he had trouble getting his message across.

who honestly has said that they respect dorion? maybe the bootlickers?

but i don't think anyone who was in contact with him went out of their way to praise or pay respect to dorion.

i mean dorion is probably the reason why Alfredsson left in the first place and didn't come back until he was gone.

also bill can quite clearly control his emotions. dorion was impulsive often let his emotions get the better of hi . henever really sounded like a leader.
I guess there are different styles of communication that can be effective. Bellichuk was at times pretty abrupt and rude with reporters. He didn’t suffer fools. You’ve switched back to talking about Dorion again, but I’m not sure why. I wasn’t defending him.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Dorion spent 7 years trying to solve goaltending unsuccessfully. Staios solved it in less than one year and dumped the worst UFA contract ever handed out in Ottawa as part of that deal. That deal is the work of a genius at least.
Yeah that one looks great.

The chych and joseph trades are questionable.

Amadio and Perron both look overpaid to me. (Dorion also made deals to address toughness/defensiveness that generally didn't work out).

Giving the PTO to Kulemin shows Staios is factoring his buddies into hockey decisions, guy-style.

I'm really happy about the ullmark trade and signing. Goaltending is super important and he got a star deal done. But there's still a lot of question marks about the complete body of work.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yeah that one looks great.

The chych and joseph trades are questionable.

Amadio and Perron both look overpaid to me. (Dorion also made deals to address toughness/defensiveness that generally didn't work out).

Giving the PTO to Kulemin shows Staios is factoring his buddies into hockey decisions, guy-style.

I'm really happy about the ullmark trade and signing. Goaltending is super important and he got a star deal done. But there's still a lot of question marks about the complete body of work.
It's a home run basically. That was the deal I expected to dump Korpse, let alone bring in Ullmark.

I can respect anyone that views those 2 deals as questionable, but I'm also fine with how they worked out and think in the case of both of them, that's just what was available if we wanted to move them, and Chychrun was going to be gone in a year regardless and I certainly would not have wanted him re-signed. Jensen should be a better fit and while he is older, he just turned 34, so he's not a corpse yet imo and can bridge the gap to Yak in a year or two.

Perron I think is arguably overpaid if based on last year, but not the years prior. We'll see what he has left and what he gets for PP time. Amadio imo is not overpaid at all. I really like him. The last 3 years he's averaged over 18 goals per 82 games compared to Joseph's 11, while Amadio comes in cheaper. In a bubble, I take Amadio over Joseph even though Joseph produces slightly more overall and brings more speed. I think Amadio will bring more consistency and more of an ability to be a goal scorer, which I like on the 3rd line.

I get it, but that's the business and I don't know that we missed out on much. We also took on Addison who played himself out of an opportunity, but was appearing to be a serious pto. In general, I think waivers could have served just as well had we wanted another competent NHL body.

Definitely question marks left, but I'm hoping Ullmark gives them the stability to find their footing and not be shot in the foot every game. Korpisalo signing was such a disappointment in general from day 1 for me as it was basically resigning our rebuild exit window outlook to a career backup, so needless to say I'm very excited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad