Peterborough Petes 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I guess Liam Sztuska gets the next two starts.
that should be enough to showcase him for a trade to London.......but London may want him sooner (Willmore's rough start to the season continues as he gives up 5 to Brampton before being pulled half way through the 2nd period tonight)

Reactions: Section5Petes

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
On the surface no but I think Ula has potential and needs to be developed as does Marentette.
Why does Marentette need to be developed, especially at the expense of Gowan? Gowan has played four games, has two points, has been one of the better defenders already and shown a strong two way game. He's only -1 on this disaster of a team. He was a high pick with big talent and upside.

Marentette is a late round pick, who is strong and... what else? He's the 8th DMan and that's what he should be, he's a borderline OHL player at best. You do not under any circumstances need to prioritize his development over Gowan and having him in the lineup over him makes you a worse team on the ice.

I think Gowan must have some sort of injury or this is coaching malpractice.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Gowan is one of only five OHL defenseman selected, one of only 14 in Canada for the U17 tournament to represent Canada, literally this afternoon

Coach Wilson: "Nah, gotta play this other guy, he has long hair and can swing his stick at guys.'

There has to be something more than a healthy scratch.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Why does Marentette need to be developed, especially at the expense of Gowan? Gowan has played four games, has two points, has been one of the better defenders already and shown a strong two way game. He's only -1 on this disaster of a team. He was a high pick with big talent and upside.

Marentette is a late round pick, who is strong and... what else? He's the 8th DMan and that's what he should be, he's a borderline OHL player at best. You do not under any circumstances need to prioritize his development over Gowan and having him in the lineup over him makes you a worse team on the ice.

I think Gowan must have some sort of injury or this is coaching malpractice.
You could have said the same thing about Stevie Leskovar and he became an OHL player.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Gowan is one of only five OHL defenseman selected, one of only 14 in Canada for the U17 tournament to represent Canada, literally this afternoon

Coach Wilson: "Nah, gotta play this other guy, he has long hair and can swing his stick at guys.'

There has to be something more than a healthy scratch.
Probably didn’t follow the coaches around like a lost dog all summer so this is his punishment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad