NESN UPDATE 6/27 - Sean McDonough considering replacing Jack Edwards

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Folks have different tastes. I actually find McDonough more engaging that either Sirott or Faust. Sirott does a decent job on radio and his energy is good, but I find his call is fairly one-dimensional and gets repetitive quite quickly. Faust was solid when he had his opportunity, no complaints, if he got the job full-time I'd be fine with it. McDonough IMO just has that little bit more gravitas and breadth to his call that comes with years of experience. Sure he's not the most exciting of all time, but I don't find him boring and I'd wager he'd change his style and play to the home galleries a bit more if calling for NESN as opposed to a national broadcaster.

I have never listened to Sirott even once, as I had no interest after Dave Gaucher left the booth.

Faust seems fine to me.

I've always liked Sean, though it's true he's not a young man anymore.

I remember once, after a Sox game on TV38, Lou Gorman was the guest and they were taking viewer calls.

A guy called up and opined that Lou was likely a good dancer, and perhaps the two of them might get together some time.

Mortifying and hilarious.

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
You've had 65+ posts on this board since creating your account. Every single one has been about yourself or related to promoting yourself for this job.

You haven't talked at all about the team or roster leading up to or post FA.

So to me it seems like you're just trying to use this forum to plug yourself for the job and once you get/don't get that use out of the community here you are gone. If it was the Flyers/Ranger/Islanders/NJ etc. with a PxP vacancy I am sure you would be on their forum trying to sell yourself.

Gotta be honest none of this feels authentic.
Also, gotta be honest, the demo kinda sucks...

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
You've had 65+ posts on this board since creating your account. Every single one has been about yourself or related to promoting yourself for this job.

You haven't talked at all about the team or roster leading up to or post FA.

So to me it seems like you're just trying to use this forum to plug yourself for the job and once you get/don't get that use out of the community here you are gone. If it was the Flyers/Ranger/Islanders/NJ etc. with a PxP vacancy I am sure you would be on their forum trying to sell yourself.

Gotta be honest none of this feels authentic.
We rarely agree but spot on. Not to mention watching his videos I would throw myself out of a window first than listen to him call a game.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
We rarely agree but spot on. Not to mention watching his videos I would throw myself out of a window first than listen to him call a game.

1719966969153.png

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I understand that the "cheap NESN" narrative is tons of fun, but it ignores the fact that ALL of cable TV is in trouble due to streaming. RSNs, ESPN, NFL Network, Warner Bros/Discovery, Paramount/Global, Time Warner... all are facing declining revenues, and have been trimming staff.

Of course, streaming is also largely unprofitable, so nobody's got a good handle on the best path towards financial sustainability. NESN has little choice but to take a conservative approach.
I cut the cable way back in 2012. You people all need to go back to cable so I can enjoy my streaming free stuff again like I used to :mad:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad