GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.7 (2.1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Are the Cardiac Canes back?

• Total voters

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This is going to be a tough game. As Rod put it last night, the team needs a break and add to it, an emotional OT win last night, Raanta in net (presumably), heading off on vacation tomorrow and the Sabres want to win so they go into the all-star break in a playoff spot.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
In honor of our old pal Jeff, I went to his Hockey Reference page. Here's the fun things I found:

- Jeff Skinner, playing game 900 today, has never played a playoff game.
- Jeff Skinner's career high in points is 63. In 12 full seasons, he has hit exactly 63 points on 4 separate occasions. He is on pace to obliterate that mark this year.
- In Jeff Skinner's Calder-winning rookie year, he finished the year at +3. He has never been a plus player in a full season since (1 year at exactly 0). He is currently +15 this year.
That's why he fits in so well on BUF.

Only Anderson (several teams), Okposo (Isles of course) and Lyubushkin (Leafs) on the Sabres roster have played an NHL playoff game.

Edit: Forgot about Tyson Jost. He's played almost as many playoff games as the other three combined. Jost has been great for BUF. Fits really well with teammates, great at his role.

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Doesn't matter. I said "Book it". And on the internet no less.
Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live - Find & Share on GIPHY

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Sabres are going to make the playoffs this year though. Book it.

maybe, they have the 3 or 4th highest, depending on who you use, strength of schedule remaining
^^^ this.

IMO, it will depend on their health and their goaltending and the comparative same factors for the Metropolitan teams. We'll see how things sit March 1st after ~10 more games for each team. Barring catastrophic injuries, I think it reasonable BUF finishes 4th in the Atlantic, but playoffs are still a coin flip in my view. Be nice for the Sabres to still be in the race come April 1st. I've followed your board come playoff time a few of the past years. Be nice (no offense) to be able to "hang" from the Sabres board this year.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
^^^ this.

IMO, it will depend on their health and their goaltending and the comparative same factors for the Metropolitan teams. We'll see how things sit March 1st after ~10 more games for each team. Barring catastrophic injuries, I think it reasonable BUF finishes 4th in the Atlantic, but playoffs are still a coin flip in my view. Be nice for the Sabres to still be in the race come April 1st. I've followed your board come playoff time a few of the past years. Be nice (no offense) to be able to "hang" from the Sabres board this year.
You don't understand, I said "Book It!"

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
In all seriousness, I watch Buffalo quite a bit. My wife was born in Buffalo and raised in the Finger Lakes region. Her whole family lives in that neck of the woods and are Sabres fans.

I really think they have a good chance this year, but of course goaltending and healthy will be a key factor.

Reactions: Tryamw

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Has the Buffalo-Carolina fan beef been squashed? I remember things getting heated circa the 2011 playoff race. Then, both teams became irrelevant; it’s hard to muster up the energy to snipe at each other in that circumstance.
It has been squashed from everything I can tell. We both stunk for so long that it was hard to argue with anyone but our own fan bases.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Has the Buffalo-Carolina fan beef been squashed? I remember things getting heated circa the 2011 playoff race. Then, both teams became irrelevant; it’s hard to muster up the energy to snipe at each other in that circumstance.
I can't remember 2011. Either too much drinking or too much bad hockey. Which might be a Chicken - Egg argument.
We have won 13 of the last 14 against Buffalo. Hoping to add to their town’s sports misery tonight! No excuses, no mercy!
I was at the RBC/PNC for a late spring 3-0 win over BUF in the past couple years. Was my wife's 1st NHL game. Can't remember if it was 2021 or 2022. (See above.)
Step into my Japanese garden...
1675295913976.jpeg

Why would you say this...JINXES ARE REAL AND YOU WILL BURN AT THE STAKE/STEAK IF WE LOSE
But if in Switzerland, you'll Bern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad