GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.5 (1.29)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What time is it?

• Total voters

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
On the one hand, neither team has shit to play for. We both have the postseason locked up. Boston is pretty much dead-set on a #1, and we have a tiny cushion in our #1 over New Jersey. It's a game that either team can lose and no real big deal either way. They have the travel and back-to-back excuse, and I assume we're still missing Slavin so we have that excuse too. I mainly just don't want any injuries and I know that Boston can really goon it up (and frankly, so can Svechnikov as we've seen recently).

On the other hand, I'm sure both teams will give it their all. It's a best-on-best.

To me maybe the most important thing is that we have a decent showing at special teams. That's really been our achilles heel. Even scoring a PP goal and having a decent PK against Boston and still losing the game is not a bad result.

I'll also be curious to see if Boston relies on goaltending as much as I've read some of their fans say they do this year.

Have we played them yet this year? I forget. If not, then I remember the 1st time we played them the year after knocking them out of the playoffs in 2009 and it was a one sided bloodbath of retribution.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
On the one hand, neither team has shit to play for. We both have the postseason locked up. Boston is pretty much dead-set on a #1, and we have a tiny cushion in our #1 over New Jersey. It's a game that either team can lose and no real big deal either way. They have the travel and back-to-back excuse, and I assume we're still missing Slavin so we have that excuse too. I mainly just don't want any injuries and I know that Boston can really goon it up (and frankly, so can Svechnikov as we've seen recently).

On the other hand, I'm sure both teams will give it their all. It's a best-on-best.

To me maybe the most important thing is that we have a decent showing at special teams. That's really been our achilles heel. Even scoring a PP goal and having a decent PK against Boston and still losing the game is not a bad result.

I'll also be curious to see if Boston relies on goaltending as much as I've read some of their fans say they do this year.
I want to see Svech lay someone the f*** out like he did to bitchholm last year in the playoffs. Outside of that I agree this game doesn't really matter, but fans of the losing team will overreact either way

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
This should be a damn good one. Win or lose I just hope we get to see some exciting damn near playoff level hockey.

That being said. Please, for the love of (insert chosen deity here) whoop that ass!

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Bizarre traffic management today.

They are diverting all traffic off highway to blue ridge road. Reminds me of opening game when traffic was ridiculous.

Reactions: Tryamw

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I just turned on the pregame... are we not wearing green today?
No. Someone got me on that too, was it you? After the game Friday and loaning jerseys to the fam without. I had the wife was them all because I do not have not want a Whale.

Thankfully she started mine early and the black is clean

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Aho postgame:

1675028744936.png

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Have we played them yet this year? I forget. If not, then I remember the 1st time we played them the year after knocking them out of the playoffs in 2009 and it was a one sided bloodbath of retribution.

OTL against them was the 1st game in the 17 game point streak. I think we played them right after that 3-0 loss to Arizona that had everyone freaking out.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
So 2 things. First the ESPN feed is like non stop showing commercials for the movie Cocane Bear which is apparently based on a true story.

Second stayed at the oldest after the game Friday and went shopping yesterday round Raleigwood. Hit Total Wine and more. Made me two pick 6 packs of mostly local to you guys beer. Pregamin with this
20230129_164732.jpg

Also got the glass there, cool store BTW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad