GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.1 (1.19)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who done it? (We all know where...in the sauna)

• Total voters

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The league doesn't give a shit about us. It could not possibly be more evident, they prefer big market players over ours. They will market big market players over ours. Regardless of skill or stats.

Yeah of course they ignored the vote. They were always going to ignore it and put in a bunch of players from NY. Because they don't give a shit about Raleigh.

That's the thing: Even in big markets, they ignored the fans choice.

For the Rangers, K'Andre Miller was who they wanted in over Fox. For Toronto, it was Nylander over Matthews.

The League decided who they wanted in before this whole thing began, let the fans "vote" to drive up engagement, then released their choices and act like the fans voted them in.

The problem is that it's blatantly obvious they ignored the votes. Which turned what could have been a great PR move into an absolutely disastrous one

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Really. Necas had like a 100k lead over any other Metro player, and Hab/Ottawa fans teamed up to get their respective players in. Even on teams that made it, the player choice was ignored. Toronto fans were voting Nylander, not Matthews

The League definitely ignored the votes to wind up with the players they did.

Imagine not rewarding fan engagement on your socials. It's so mind numbingly stupid that it has to be true.
I mean ol’ uncle Gary also had these gems about the digital boards.

“The polling we do with our fans gives us the feedback that it’s a non-issue”

“Many think it looks better than having the numerous logos on the dasher boards. It’s working extraordinarily well”

“If what you’re doing is just watching the dashboards – which I guess if you’re reporting on it, you might do – then it may be a distraction. If you’re watching the game, it’s not a distraction.”

Color me surprised that they would just put whatever players they want into the All Star game. I don’t think they want to see McJesus get beat in the fastest skater.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919

As if things weren't already feeling sad...

82EABFD9-1881-4A1E-9E07-41A692C63DDB.jpeg

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Why do you think we’re likely down Svech short term? I’d be shocked if he were suspended for that
I'm frankly shocked (only slightly since it was Svech) it was a 5min major at all. no injury on the ice and no really vicious follow through. If that hit becomes the standard for a 5min major (it won't) that would be a great thing from the league.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm frankly shocked (only slightly since it was Svech) it was a 5min major at all. no injury on the ice and no really vicious follow through. If that hit becomes the standard for a 5min major (it won't) that would be a great thing from the league.

Oh no, that was absolutely worthy of 5 minutes. Numbers all the way, stick on the guys neck, pushing violently into the boards. Absolutely 5 minutes.

Maybe a game or two, but that's a crapshoot, so who knows?

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
That's the thing: Even in big markets, they ignored the fans choice.

For the Rangers, K'Andre Miller was who they wanted in over Fox. For Toronto, it was Nylander over Matthews.

The League decided who they wanted in before this whole thing began, let the fans "vote" to drive up engagement, then released their choices and act like the fans voted them in.

The problem is that it's blatantly obvious they ignored the votes. Which turned what could have been a great PR move into an absolutely disastrous one
Fox is a lot better than Miller and Matthews is a lot better than Nylander.

Personally I don't see an issue. The Twitter fans are wrong.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I give Duhaime props for not trying to sell it too hard but he could have easily stayed down for a minute or two and it'd have been an automatic 5. That was just a really bad and reckless play from Svech.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Oh no, that was absolutely worthy of 5 minutes. Numbers all the way, stick on the guys neck, pushing violently into the boards. Absolutely 5 minutes.

Maybe a game or two, but that's a crapshoot, so who knows?

I give Duhaime props for not trying to sell it too hard but he could have easily stayed down for a minute or two and it'd have been an automatic 5. That was just a really bad and reckless play from Svech.
Not disagreeing at all. It was absolutely worthy of 5 and since it was late in the game a suspension would not surprise me either. Though I'm not sure Svech has a history to build on.

But given the state of NHL officiating it could very easily only have been a two, or hell nothing at all it seems at times.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Will. We spring for Kane? Idk. I'm not into a rental. I want someone we can sign and keep for our extended window.
Agreed.
Man I really wanted to see patches play in person. And the story of his emotional recovery... I really really hate this
And agreed.

I feel bad for Max. He's gone through so much adversity in just this season alone (never mind past injuries) and battled back to play in the line up for us. Then it looks like he's injured long term again.

Obviously such a huge loss for the team if he's injured for the rest of the season as I suspect, but we won't know for sure anytime real soon.

I'm not sure I want to literally bet the farm on towes and Kane.
Also, this. Are some people so stubbornly against Horvat that they'd take any other rental but him? Even though Horvat is younger than both Towes and Kane and is having another 30+ goal season? I'm not even convinced Carolina wouldn't extend Horvat and especially more so with Max likely being injured long term and who knows how things will be next season for him.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
F the NHL then don't make rules and then piss on them
Why wouldn't they? They do it all the time with the horrible officiating.

They do whatever they feel like and act like there's a set of rules for them to oblige by.

More clown show behavior from the NHL. Ignore the players who garnered the most votes from fans, and therefore shitting on the fans. Meanwhile, try your best to milk money from said fans. Two faced dickheads.

It's funny though that the players voted in by the "fans" in the Metro are all from New York teams. They couldn't make it more obvious that it was rigged.

Really. Necas had like a 100k lead over any other Metro player, and Hab/Ottawa fans teamed up to get their respective players in. Even on teams that made it, the player choice was ignored. Toronto fans were voting Nylander, not Matthews

The League definitely ignored the votes to wind up with the players they did.

Imagine not rewarding fan engagement on your socials. It's so mind numbingly stupid that it has to be true.
Also, this.

They don't care though. They got the social media engagement, and fans will continue to gobble up merchandise and tickets, etc.

Thing is, a certain amount of us fans know they rigged it, and won't be likely to engage them online in the future.

Last edited:

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
If slavin misses time that's going to be a much more significant blow than Pacioretty, as much as both situations suck
Yep , we need 2 defensemen , Chatfield has been playing better but i dont trust him at all for the playoffs , my picks are Larsson (kraken) and Edsmonton(Habs) , yeah i know Edms is slower , but hes defensive and plays in front of the net , If its rchilles for Patches , well its Kutcherov time , put him on Longterm till play offs and get Kane and Towens

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I'm not sure why they bother with any fan votes after the John Scott thing, which Jesus Christ seems like ancient history now
Also the Last all star game I watched...

Fox is a lot better than Miller and Matthews is a lot better than Nylander.

Personally I don't see an issue. The Twitter fans are wrong.
So what if Fans are "Wrong" This is a Fan event the game doesn't Matter.. Guve the Fans what they Say they want..
I LOVED the John Scott Game.. IT was the most fun I've seen in an All star game!.
Instead.. They'll Try and Feed me %%^$ I'll just pass.. Thanks for the week away from the Game NHL.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yep , we need 2 defensemen , Chatfield has been playing better but i dont trust him at all for the playoffs , my picks are Larsson (kraken) and Edsmonton(Habs) , yeah i know Edms is slower , but hes defensive and plays in front of the net , If its rchilles for Patches , well its Kutcherov time , put him on Longterm till play offs and get Kane and Towens
Seattle isn't trading Larsson so cross that off your list. Seattle is 1st in the Pacific and Larsson is their top pairing defenseman, who takes on the toughest assignments, has 20 points with no pp time, and is a team's best +28. Not to mention he has a full NTC and chose to sign in Seattle in the first place. He's been great with Dunn this year on their top pairing.

I really hope we stay away from Edmundson. He's slow, really not that good and we'd be stuck with him for another year. I'd rather spend more and get someone better (like we did with Skjei).

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Posting from main board:

f*** this league. With a rusty chain saw.

I'll never spend a f***ing dime on their subscriptions or packages or anything that generates revenue for them other than stuff I really want from the eye or shop carolina. I'll never touch NHL pro shop or even fanatics.

Times like this and the outdoor game ticket thing make me even firmer in the lengths I go to not buy things like center ice anymore

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad