GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.1 (1.19)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who done it? (We all know where...in the sauna)

• Total voters

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
That's the thing with Achilles injuries, they used to be a death sentence to any sort of physical career especially in pro sports. Medicine has come a long way but maybe he might have been a bit rushed? f***, I'm not an orthopedist so who knows.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
That's the thing with Achilles injuries, they used to be a death sentence to any sort of physical career especially in pro sports. Medicine has come a long way but maybe he might have been a bit rushed? f***, I'm not an orthopedist so who knows.
Justin Williams was much younger but he came back in less than 3 months.

To your point though, tough injury.

If he has reinjured his Achilles then it’s probably career ending and Canes will have to go to market.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm down with Toews and Kane, we don't need 1st rounders where we're going. Toews will be the Doug Weight and Kane will be the Mark Recchi. But will they want to come to Carolina with 3 Cups already.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If Patches does end up out for the year, at least it happened when they have time to make roster additions. We're also used to playing without him, so not much adjustment needed. And we did see the Borg get aggressive when Dougie went out long term in a similar situation. But it'd still be great if it somehow wasn't what it seemed.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I'm down with Toews and Kane, we don't need 1st rounders where we're going. Toews will be the Doug Weight and Kane will be the Mark Recchi. But will they want to come to Carolina with 3 Cups already.
Both have been awful this year with Kane apparently hurting. I’d rather acquire a top line C, perhaps from Vancouver. ‘23 is a great draft but I’d give up the pick for a top 2C.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I'm not sure I want to literally bet the farm on towes and Kane.
It would depend on price to be sure- but not many contenders will be able to fit even one under the cap, much less both. The market for them may not be big to begin with.

If Patches does end up out for the year, at least it happened when they have time to make roster additions. We're also used to playing without him, so not much adjustment needed. And we did see the Borg get aggressive when Dougie went out long term in a similar situation. But it'd still be great if it somehow wasn't what it seemed.
Yeah, IMO best outcome here is that it was only a partial tear and he just knew not to risk it, recovery time for the partial tear would be much shorter. But I'm unfortunately not hopeful.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Kane isn't the type of person/player Carolina goes after, besides hasn't he said he'd never make the choice to leave Chicago? Or something along those lines.

I'd love a Mighty Ducks-esque story but something tells me Rod and/or Kane would hard pass.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Happy they won but damn man, Patches just can't stay healthy.

On another note, Chatfield after not scoring in like 70 NHL games now has 5 in like 9 or so. Obviously we need the offense to contribute but I like seeing the blue-liners score too. All goals are good.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Kane isn't the type of person/player Carolina goes after, besides hasn't he said he'd never make the choice to leave Chicago? Or something along those lines.
Chicago has made it pretty clear they want to trade him, though. If they say, hey, here's a trade, you can go chase a cup and we'll be here with a contract afterwards, does he say no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad