Value of: Ullmark to PIT/OTT/BUF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Yup, little different cause MAF was like 36 and making 7 mil for one year, whereas Ullmark is still in his prime at a better price for 2 years. If traded I think he'll end up going for like a 2nd and a B level prospect, but certainly not for a first+ like some bruins fans are hoping.
Kuemper got a 1st+3rd+Timmins two years ago. Ullmark a) had a much better year than Kuemper did when he was traded & b) has one more year on his contract than Kuemper did. Kuemper's cap hit was $1.5M cheaper after Arizona retained $1M. Seems to me like value should be pretty comparable.

Reactions: wintersej

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kuemper got a 1st+3rd+Timmins two years ago. Ullmark a) had a much better year than Kuemper did when he was traded & b) has one more year on his contract than Kuemper did. Kuemper's cap hit was $1.5M cheaper after Arizona retained $1M. Seems to me like value should be pretty comparable.

The difference is that the Bruins are in an awful cap situation where they need to clear out money, while the Coyotes could just wait until they got the return they wanted.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What would be the ask from LA?

Kings have some young cheap players with upside (Kupari, Grundstrom, JAD, Durzi) who need a change of scenery. One or two of them plus a draft pick could help Boston fill out their roster cheaply.

Reactions: bert and Sevendust

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
You're offended by that? Having grown up with harsh winters sometimes, I was so happy when I first moved to Florida for a job almost 20 years ago. I loved the warm weather almost year-round. I am so happy to have winters again.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
What would be the ask from LA?

Kings have some young cheap players with upside (Kupari, Grundstrom, JAD, Durzi) who need a change of scenery. One or two of them plus a draft pick could help Boston fill out their roster cheaply.
Would Jordan Spence be available?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Honestly you re completely wrong, Bruins can get easily a first and a good prospect or an already nhl player
You're dreaming. there are a bunch of UFA goalie options that were similar to Ullmark before he was a UFA in terms of numbers and productivity. He has choked two years in a row in the playoffs and teams know Boston is stuck.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's not remotely comparable. Trading in the offseason when there are ufa options for free and trading at the trade deadline are completely different scenarios. Not to mention when a teams in a cap crunch.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I could see the Canes being interested if he's up for grabs. All we currently have signed for next year is Kochetkov, who is young and inconsistent at best (he's either making insane saves or letting in infuriating softies). While either of Raanta or Freddie might be ok to resign, both have way too many injury concerns for me to feel comfortable with Koch being the only guy in front of Koch.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
It's not remotely comparable. Trading in the offseason when there are ufa options for free and trading at the trade deadline are completely different scenarios. Not to mention when a teams in a cap crunch.
Go see wich goalie are UFAs this summer, and try to find one as good as Ullmark and you can sign at 5mill less, good luck!

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Ullmark has a NTC, most teams that are ready to make the next jump don't have the cap space. Why would a rebuilding team pay that for Ullmark?
Senators are also in that cap constraints category depending on whether Debrincat is resigned or not. There was recent discussion on the Sens board. If they raise the cap above $83.5 m that could help some.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Go see wich goalie are UFAs this summer, and try to find one as good as Ullmark and you can sign at 5mill less, good luck!
What had Ullmark done before he was signed by the bruins? He is quite clearly a product of the team as much as he is elite. Andersen, Hill, Jerry, Varlamov, Raanta are all available for free and will cost less. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. We're in a flat cap.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
What had Ullmark done before he was signed by the bruins? He is quite clearly a product of the team as much as he is elite. Andersen, Hill, Jerry, Varlamov, Raanta are all available for free and will cost less. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. We're in a flat cap.
Except for Andersen and Jarry (they are gonna cost more than 5mil), all the others are back up....before being a B Ullmark was the best goalie at 5vs5 in the league with a bad team

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I could see the Canes being interested if he's up for grabs. All we currently have signed for next year is Kochetkov, who is young and inconsistent at best (he's either making insane saves or letting in infuriating softies). While either of Raanta or Freddie might be ok to resign, both have way too many injury concerns for me to feel comfortable with Koch being the only guy in front of Koch.
Your crew have all the prospects the Bruins should/would want.

And Ullmark would likely look just as ridiculous for the Canes as he did this past season, if not more so given that defense down there.

It's a natural fit I hadn't even thought of.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Screenshot_20230530_132949_Chrome.jpg

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
We're very high on him, so most likely not.
Does he even have a place in your lineup, short or long term? You guys already have Doughty, Roy, and Clarke down the right. Unless Spence can play the left side?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Does he even have a place in your lineup, short or long term? You guys already have Doughty, Roy, and Clarke down the right. Unless Spence can play the left side?
That's a concern yes.

Roy is signed through this season only, so if he's not re-signed there's room for Spence there. This coming season he'll probably be the 7th Dman.

We're higher Spence than his actual trade value IMO. So if we move him, we'll never get the value we think he has in return.

If we could get Ullmark for Spence without adding much, I'd do it, but Boston wouldn't.

Reactions: dugg133

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

What do Canes fans think of Jack Drury as part of an Ullmark return. Maybe paired with a 2nd?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He's going to be tradef To Toronto for Joseph Woll and Bruin fans will hate it, and then Joseph Woll is going to turn into Tukka Rask 2.0, which Bruin fans might also hate because for some reason they HATED Tukka Rask which I never understood but it was a thing.

But Joseph Woll is would turn into Tukka Rask

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
You're offended by that? Having grown up with harsh winters sometimes, I was so happy when I first moved to Florida for a job almost 20 years ago. I loved the warm weather almost year-round. I am so happy to have winters again.

It's just cheap. Boston winters sound like fun. I really don't want to see Ullmark in Buffalo. He was very good in Buffalo, contrary to the BS people spin now. But so injury-prone no point to having him as #1. And he reverted back to injured Ullmark in first round and told no one severity.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
He's going to be tradef To Toronto for Joseph Woll and Bruin fans will hate it, and then Joseph Woll is going to turn into Tukka Rask 2.0, which Bruin fans might also hate because for some reason they HATED Tukka Rask which I never understood but it was a thing.

But Joseph Woll is would turn into Tukka Rask
When did Bruins fans "hate" Rask? We loved him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad