Value of: Ullmark to PIT/OTT/BUF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Prepare to be underwhelmed by the Ullmark return.

Also POJ is a solid piece. He's the Pens only good, young, NHL ready d-man and still has a high ceiling. I'm not even sure I want to part ways with him though new goalie is at the top of our needs.

I dunno man. As someone who is familiar with “don’t have any young players so overestimate the ones i have”, I suspect there is a case of that going around. As to your other comment, Vaakaneinen has been NHL ready for years he just gets hurt a lot. He was name dropped to put into perspective where POJ is in his development.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I dunno man. As someone who is familiar with “don’t have any young players so overestimate the ones i have”, I suspect there is a case of that going around. As to your other comment, Vaakaneinen has been NHL ready for years he just gets hurt a lot. He was name dropped to put into perspective where POJ is in his development.
But that's exactly the point. POJ is a lot farther along (whether it's due to injuries or bad luck or whatever you want to call it). POJ had more GP this year than Vaakaneinen has in his whole career (6 seasons worth of attempts to make it to the NHL).

The comparison just doesn't make any sense. One guy is a clear first round bust at this point, and the other is on the upswing and still has a long way to go to hit his ceiling. The only thing they share in common is their draft year.

Anyway, in the end I think if the basis was POJ for Ullmark the Pens still add for sure, but it wouldn't be a crazy add, maybe a 2nd or comparable prospect. I don't know the Bruins situation as well as you, obviously, but POJ at 825k next year is a deal for any cap-strapped team. I'll leave it at this: don't scoff at POJ. He has some development to go, sure, but dude legitimately looked like a top-4 dman more often than not this past year.

Reactions: PartyatMarios

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
But that's exactly the point. POJ is a lot farther along (whether it's due to injuries or bad luck or whatever you want to call it). POJ had more GP this year than Vaakaneinen has in his whole career (6 seasons worth of attempts to make it to the NHL).

The comparison just doesn't make any sense. One guy is a clear first round bust at this point, and the other is on the upswing and still has a long way to go to hit his ceiling. The only thing they share in common is their draft year.

Anyway, in the end I think if the basis was POJ for Ullmark the Pens still add for sure, but it wouldn't be a crazy add, maybe a 2nd or comparable prospect. I don't know the Bruins situation as well as you, obviously, but POJ at 825k next year is a deal for any cap-strapped team. I'll leave it at this: don't scoff at POJ. He has some development to go, sure, but dude legitimately looked like a top-4 dman more often than not this past year.

I think we are getting stuck on the Vaakaneinen point. Just thru him out as a prospect bruins fans would be familiar with that is the same age as POJ to illustrate where he is at on his development chronologically.

I think POJ + 2nd is certainly more appropriate.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Likely Vezina winner, but did have a tough playoff. He was injured but said he was fit to play. Not sure when he got injured, he had a .953 after the first 4 games, but then struggled mightily in the last two.

I'm counting him as 125 saves on 135 shots, for a 92.6% save percentage through four.

He was 95.3% *in* Game Four.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Given how he has a 16-team NTC for 23/24.......I can't imagine he'd waive it to come back to Buffalo. And I'm not real sure that KA would be even that keen on getting him given how his extension negotiations went.
Ullmark to Buffalo. Yeah, sure.

Yeah, I think Ullmark back in Buffalo makes a lot of sense. He never seemed to dislike the city/team; Boston just offered him an extra year and the chance to play behind a consistent playoff team. With the Sabres falling just 1 point short of the playoffs last year, maybe he’d want to come back.

Other than the potshot he took at the city during the season.

Eh, with all of Kevyn Adams' comments about wanting to have players who want to be in Buffalo... I don't see Ullmark as someone he's going to go after.
No joke

mike8219

Feb 21, 2008
South Buffalo
www.youtube.com

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
And that was for a song and a dance by a team also looking for cap space.
Yup, little different cause MAF was like 36 and making 7 mil for one year, whereas Ullmark is still in his prime at a better price for 2 years. If traded I think he'll end up going for like a 2nd and a B level prospect, but certainly not for a first+ like some bruins fans are hoping.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Meh, harmless about all the cold cities they went to on their road trip in the middle of the winter. Not like he shit on the city directly or the organization

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Meh, harmless about all the cold cities they went to on their road trip in the middle of the winter. Not like he shit on the city directly or the organization

it's just childless. It was after the 7-0 loss. I believe. Bruins lacked any class in that game.They acted like the won the cup. I guess they didn't. Did they.

• Haha
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad