Value of: Ullmark to PIT/OTT/BUF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Bruins are in a cap crunch and need to shed salary. Ullmark makes $5m for two more years.

Likely Vezina winner, but did have a tough playoff. He was injured but said he was fit to play. Not sure when he got injured, he had a .953 after the first 4 games, but then struggled mightily in the last two.

Bruins plan in net would be to fall back on the cheaper Swayman and Bussi.

Looking for a young, cheap LD (a Carlo type) and/or picks.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Bruins are in a cap crunch and need to shed salary. Ullmark makes $5m for two more years.

Likely Vezina winner, but did have a tough playoff. He was injured but said he was fit to play. Not sure when he got injured, he had a .953 after the first 4 games, but then struggled mightily in the last two.

Honestly with Bruins in cap crunch I think you should be happy if you can get a 2nd rounder for him.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Given how he has a 16-team NTC for 23/24.......I can't imagine he'd waive it to come back to Buffalo. And I'm not real sure that KA would be even that keen on getting him given how his extension negotiations went.
I tend to agree that what’s done is done. But I guess we don’t really know how both sides would look at it a couple years removed. Having already lived in Buffalo might wash away the wanting to be in Buffalo part people love to bring up. If his leaving was simply a business decision or a better opportunity…which was clearly true…there may be no hard feelings. Ullmark said nice things after leaving.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah, I think Ullmark back in Buffalo makes a lot of sense. He never seemed to dislike the city/team; Boston just offered him an extra year and the chance to play behind a consistent playoff team. With the Sabres falling just 1 point short of the playoffs last year, maybe he’d want to come back.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020

Looking for a D for sure but not the Carlo type enough of soft towel D need some beef, Ryan Graves is my target for Carlo s partner...Carlo is 6'6" 210...need to add 20 pounds of muscle,get stronger bigger tougher along the boards and front of the net

Honestly with Bruins in cap crunch I think you should be happy if you can get a 2nd rounder for him.
Honestly you re completely wrong, Bruins can get easily a first and a good prospect or an already nhl player

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Looking for a D for sure but not the Carlo type enough of soft towel D need some beef, Ryan Graves is my target for Carlo s partner...Carlo is 6'6" 210...need to add 20 pounds of muscle,get stronger bigger tougher along the boards and front of the net

Honestly you re completely wrong, Bruins can get easily a first and a good prospect or an already nhl player
Ullmark has a NTC, most teams that are ready to make the next jump don't have the cap space. Why would a rebuilding team pay that for Ullmark?

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Ullmark has a NTC, most teams that are ready to make the next jump don't have the cap space. Why would a rebuilding team pay that for Ullmark?

People act like folks don’t waive their NTC to move into a more positive situation all the time. If Ullmark wants to flex the NTC? Yeah maybe Bruins look at going about moving a different player. But if Ullmark is (rightly or wrongly) being scapegoated for the Bruins collapse and the team doesn’t seem to want him anymore, there is plenty of reason to think Ullmark would be amenable to a move to a place he would like.

Would that place be Arizona? I can’t imagine. But the other places? Why not?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I don't think the Bruins can afford Graves. Disagree with your take on Carlo as well.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
People act like folks don’t waive their NTC to move into a more positive situation all the time. If Ullmark wants to flex the NTC? Yeah maybe Bruins look at going about moving a different player. But if Ullmark is (rightly or wrongly) being scapegoated for the Bruins collapse and the team doesn’t seem to want him anymore, there is plenty of reason to think Ullmark would be amenable to a move to a place he would like.

Would that place be Arizona? I can’t imagine. But the other places? Why not?
Yeah, I'll take AZ out of the OP. Ullmark probably wouldn't waive for them.

The rest of the teams probably would have made the playoffs with Ullmark in net. They all have a need for a goalie, they all have cap space and there isn't a better goalie available on the market.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
POJ works for me, but we don't need a backup goalie. Bussi is ready to move up to the NHL. Add a pick and that's a deal I'd be happy with.

With POJ I see a guy who is from the same draft class as Vaakaneinen who is still a one zone player and not really anything special in the one zone he is good in and that really struggled when he wasn’t being sheltered. At least according to Pens media types.

I don’t know if giving up Ullmark for a guy that would have gotten the Zboril treatment in Boston last year is something I would get excited about.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007

When was the last time a goalie got a return like that?
And then you want only futures and no cap back, while everybody knows bruins are in a cap crunch.

Ottawa has no picks in the first 3 rounds, not sure about the D prospects they have.
Sabres and Pens won't move their 13/14 picks and if POJ is not good enough not sure the have any LD that fit either.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
With POJ I see a guy who is from the same draft class as Vaakaneinen who is still a one zone player and not really anything special in the one zone he is good in and that really struggled when he wasn’t being sheltered. At least according to Pens media types.

I don’t know if giving up Ullmark for a guy that would have gotten the Zboril treatment in Boston last year is something I would get excited about.

I’m lower on POJ than most Penguins fans are, but that description of him is really dumb.

I don’t know why you think you can just make stuff up and credit it to the Pittsburgh media, as if Penguins fans don’t pay attention to the Pittsburgh media.

Reactions: BillPrep and Zbynek

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
POJ is not the headliner of an Ullmark trade.
Prepare to be underwhelmed by the Ullmark return.

Also POJ is a solid piece. He's the Pens only good, young, NHL ready d-man and still has a high ceiling. I'm not even sure I want to part ways with him though new goalie is at the top of our needs.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain

Let me break it down for you... Vaakaneinen is not NHL ready, POJ is.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’m lower on POJ than most Penguins fans are, but that description of him is really dumb.

I don’t know why you think you can just make stuff up and credit it to the Pittsburgh media, as if Penguins fans don’t pay attention to the Pittsburgh media.

How would you describe him then? His stats and the articles I read suggest someone who is poor at preventing zone entries with control and poor at successful puck retrieval and had a much better first half of the season with more sheltering than a second half of the season. He is in his D+6 season.

This was the most thorough one I found: 2022-23 Season in Review: Pierre-Olivier Joseph

Please learn how to use google before you take shots at people for making shit up.

Reactions: PlayMakers

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think Kuemper should be a good floor valuation. 1st (expected 28-32OA) + 3rd + ( young player (with no real value) )

Given the fact PIT has 14OA there could be a fit but BOS may have to attach a +

Reactions: PlayMakers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad