Value of: Ullmark or possibly Swayman to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm with the other B's fans, I don't move Swayman if something doesn't completely blow me away. Which no late first and a prospect will do as we're contending for a playoff spot as much as you right now.
Swayman is 23 year old stud, the closest comparable need on your roster that I can see is Puljujarvi, also a high end 23 year old. I'd start there. But I'd need a good addition to make me think about it. My guess is Oilers fans won't like that though.

Jon77

Feb 1, 2021
Hurt him? No.

But may be happier to entertain the idea playing for a team that would give him NHL time.

It's not up to him, I know.

But actions speak louder than words. Signing Ullmark to a 4 year big money deal. Trying to bring back your old goaltender as some sort of season saving measure, doesn't scream that they have faith in him. Even though he's been proving he's an NHL quality goaltender.

Using the busy schedule as some sort of reasoning that this is the smart move, seems really silly. We can literally dress only 1 goalie on the ice at the time. 3 good goalies is a luxury when the team needs to fix other spots. Moving one is the logical option. But we all see how Sweeney handles logic.

It's funny, both Rask and Krejci left. But they filled the goaltending spot, when they should have used that money to go after a C (someone like Danault or the like), since Krejci is the one that left without an NHL ready player to fill the gap. Fixing goaltending seems like paying attention to the wrong issues.

Do you honestly believe that with all that Rask said, he wasnt planning on coming back, and that the Team wasnt entertaining him being back. The ideas of signing Ulmark was more an insurance plan and preparation for the next few years as Rask becomes the backup. Swayman is and likely always was planned to go down and be the third choice this year and next. He definately is going to be a great goalie, however he has challenges for a 23 year old that require some attention - rebounds 100%. Do not think that his youthful exuberance makes him a great goalie, he is a great goalie, but needs work - same way Tuukka did and other young tenders while they came up. BTW - look to Carter Hart for a young stud goalie who was rushed - how do you think that is working out?
I also want to bring up that so many people bring up Rask not being great - its his defense and that is why he is so good....would that not be the same argument for Swayman, Ullmark or any goalie in the spoked B?
Bring back Rask - send down Swayman for another year and let him come back as a natural #1.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Do you honestly believe that with all that Rask said, he wasnt planning on coming back, and that the Team wasnt entertaining him being back. The ideas of signing Ulmark was more an insurance plan and preparation for the next few years as Rask becomes the backup. Swayman is and likely always was planned to go down and be the third choice this year and next. He definately is going to be a great goalie, however he has challenges for a 23 year old that require some attention - rebounds 100%. Do not think that his youthful exuberance makes him a great goalie, he is a great goalie, but needs work - same way Tuukka did and other young tenders while they came up. BTW - look to Carter Hart for a young stud goalie who was rushed - how do you think that is working out?
I also want to bring up that so many people bring up Rask not being great - its his defense and that is why he is so good....would that not be the same argument for Swayman, Ullmark or any goalie in the spoked B?
Bring back Rask - send down Swayman for another year and let him come back as a natural #1.

This. There's room to improve and it's much easier to try new things in the AHL.

The #1 thing for me is puckhandling. He's ok but you look at Vasilevskiy and he's on another level -- the best ever.

Vasy lets Tampa win Cups with guys like Luke Schenn because he's soooooo good. When their defensemen get the puck from him they're wide open and have plenty of time to look up ice.

If Swayman could go down to the AHL and just work on puck-moving for a year it could be the difference between being good and great. You can't work on that in NHL games.

Reactions: Jon77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad