Value of: Ullmark or possibly Swayman to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Don’t think Swayman wants to spend the next two years on a bus in Providence. If that is the case he will be the next Bruin asking to be traded.
A 23 year old goalie with 26 NHL games under his belt will refuse 1-2 seasons in the minors, a developmental path often taken by his counterparts, and demand to be traded? yeah ok.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Jordan Love is a future QB stud who can probably be a starting QB in the NFL today but is glued to bench because of an elderly Aaron Rodgers. No one in Green Bay cares though because Aaron Rodgers is about to win another MVP award.

Jeremy Swayman is about to sent to the minors because of Tuukka Rask.

Why is Boston doing this? Tuukka Rask is no Aaron Rodgers.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Honestly not sure how Bruins fans value him. As far as I can tell he's expected to be the heir to Rask which should mean he's the real deal. I don't realistically think he's at all available but it depends entirely on what the plan is for Rask. Is he back for a couple seasons?
Well I’ll enlighten you on Swayman

on my 38th year season tickets and sit row 2 in back of net Bruins first and third on the right post to goalie so I got a great view of the goalies.

If I could only keep 2 Bruins under 30 it’s McAvoy & Swayman- not Pastrnak.

I been watching Swayman for years playing in HE for Maine. He is legit stud in the net and franchise dream player off ice.

He could use a half season in Providence to work with goalie coaches Dunham & Essensa on a few things including rebound control- but he’s a game changer.

If they deal him I’d need to know the guy coming back not a future pick.

they love him and so don’t fans

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
and vs STL they were all but handing him the series MVP until game 7, and that's more because ROR was just incredible and STL won
Bruins are only team in NHL history to win two road games by 4 or more goals (game three 7-2; and game six 5-1) in a Cup Finals and lose series

you are correct They win game 7 he’s MVP and he had no chance on goals 1,2 and 4 because they were all right infront of me

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If you have Rask + Swayman, then Ullmark is redundant. You can get value assets for him while clearing 5M in cap that could be used to bring in a good skater.
Then Rask walks away at the end of the year and you only have swayman whose still a young player

Reactions: ON3M4N

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
and vs STL they were all but handing him the series MVP until game 7, and that's more because ROR was just incredible and STL won

Honestly I think it was the same case in 2013. If Boston had won it, he was considered the favorite to win the Conn Smythe. Crazy to think he went from a Conn Smythe candidate to being the reason the Bruins didn't win the cup in either 2013 or 2019 lol.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Bruins will just send Swayman down and keep all three for this year. No guarantee Rask plays beyond this year, and they aren't giving up the other two when they both have played pretty well.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You are not responding to anything i said..

When Rask comes back half the season will remain. Swayman is arguably better than Ullmark. It doesnt make much sense burying a better goaltender in the A. Bruins most likely wouldnt have signed another goalie if Rask was signed in the off-season. It is also very possible that Rask will want to play more than this season. So sooner or later there will have to be a decision.

Ullmark and Swayman have basically identical stats, so Swayman isn't ahead at the moment. If Rask wants back next season, they will make a move then. Zero reason to do so this year, especially since Covid keeps eliminating guys from games.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Well I’ll enlighten you on Swayman

on my 38th year season tickets and sit row 2 in back of net Bruins first and third on the right post to goalie so I got a great view of the goalies.

If I could only keep 2 Bruins under 30 it’s McAvoy & Swayman- not Pastrnak.

I been watching Swayman for years playing in HE for Maine. He is legit stud in the net and franchise dream player off ice.

He could use a half season in Providence to work with goalie coaches Dunham & Essensa on a few things including rebound control- but he’s a game changer.

If they deal him I’d need to know the guy coming back not a future pick.

they love him and so don’t fans

I feel the same way. Swayman is a stud! No chance I’m moving him unless it’s a major addition that we can’t pass up. His stats to start his career have been amazing and I feel he’s only going to get better!

scud9

Jun 2, 2006
Boston wants to win now. I think only player that would make sense for Boston is Puljujärvi. And Edmonton will not like it.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If Rask comes back and is in Vezina form and wants to play another 2-3 years, I'll entertain it. Until then...

Swayman has 9 games of AHL experience. Playing this year and next in the minors isn't going to hurt him.

Hurt him? No.

But may be happier to entertain the idea playing for a team that would give him NHL time.

It's not up to him, I know.

But actions speak louder than words. Signing Ullmark to a 4 year big money deal. Trying to bring back your old goaltender as some sort of season saving measure, doesn't scream that they have faith in him. Even though he's been proving he's an NHL quality goaltender.

Using the busy schedule as some sort of reasoning that this is the smart move, seems really silly. We can literally dress only 1 goalie on the ice at the time. 3 good goalies is a luxury when the team needs to fix other spots. Moving one is the logical option. But we all see how Sweeney handles logic.

It's funny, both Rask and Krejci left. But they filled the goaltending spot, when they should have used that money to go after a C (someone like Danault or the like), since Krejci is the one that left without an NHL ready player to fill the gap. Fixing goaltending seems like paying attention to the wrong issues.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Wouldn’t Swayman be kinda pissed off he is getting sent down for an AHL salary when he has performed well in the NHL?

Especially when they committed to such a large salary to Ullmark in the summer

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Wouldn’t Swayman be kinda pissed off he is getting sent down for an AHL salary when he has performed well in the NHL?

Since when do we care when prospects are pissed off?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Swayman is a pretty level headed kid, he gets it. Even with Rask in the fold I expect all 3 guys will get games. Rasl just needs reps to get ready for the playoffs and Ullmark and Swayman have split things pretty evenly already

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Hurt him? No.

But may be happier to entertain the idea playing for a team that would give him NHL time.

It's not up to him, I know.

But actions speak louder than words. Signing Ullmark to a 4 year big money deal. Trying to bring back your old goaltender as some sort of season saving measure, doesn't scream that they have faith in him. Even though he's been proving he's an NHL quality goaltender.

Using the busy schedule as some sort of reasoning that this is the smart move, seems really silly. We can literally dress only 1 goalie on the ice at the time. 3 good goalies is a luxury when the team needs to fix other spots. Moving one is the logical option. But we all see how Sweeney handles logic.

It's funny, both Rask and Krejci left. But they filled the goaltending spot, when they should have used that money to go after a C (someone like Danault or the like), since Krejci is the one that left without an NHL ready player to fill the gap. Fixing goaltending seems like paying attention to the wrong issues.

Season saving measure? I didn't realize the Bruins were in a position they needed to have their season saved. They've won 4 of their last 5 games, they're In a playoff position and have a ton of games in hand. They're bring back Rask out of respect, he wants another shot and he probably deserves to be given the chance. Swayman will head to the minors but believe me he isn't going anywhere, he's the guy who will be handed the reigns of the franchise in net in the not so distant future.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
I don't think he's available in real life. Sweeney is very conservative and Swayman is legit. He's > 5 goals saved above expected so far this year with a 2.26 FAA and .918 sv%. He's also on an ELC for 2 more years. I don't want to trade him either.

However. The Bruins have Ullmark for 4 years either way, and without some masterful moves, they are going to be terrible for Swayman's age 26-29 ish years when he's really expensive, if he keeps it up. So I'm intrigued. Everyone knows the Oilers need goaltending and have no cap space, so lets assume he could actually be available. What do the Oilers give?

Bruins need young forwards, specifically centers, and could use a RHD. In this scenario, they take Koskinen back to ease some cap and just waive him. What goes to Boston?
depends because it can continue on with the debrusk- yamamoto trade and include barrie or russell or others. it solely depends on what is happening with other trades because oilers have options it seems with nyi testing the interest on varlamov, then theres halak, ullmark, MAF, kuemper(possibly), reimer.

With covid its kind of a bit of a toss up in the air at the moment because some teams are close to the playoffs and others arent. because to give say boston relief cap wise and buff/zona out of playoffs there might be able to form a cap dump and then it wouldnt cost as much in theory to acquire say ullmark given that it gives boston space. but then theres trades like with possibly SJS that could be done where oilers acquire burns @50% and reimer and possibly labanc(retained) in a deal at tdl. either way oilers should be looking to upgrade some pieces now so they can get back into playoff picture then decide. imo if oilers dont make playoffs katz needs to clear house essentially (holland, tippett, schwartz, nicholson). only thing thats been working for them is their scouting and picks.

Either way a deal with boston i dont see working out until A) rask plays a minimum of 5 games to see where hes at and B) how long rasks contract is cause i can definitely see swayman getting sent down to get exp but at the same time i really dont think he needs it, just a mentor to help him for a couple years then take the reins

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
A 23 year old goalie with 26 NHL games under his belt will refuse 1-2 seasons in the minors, a developmental path often taken by his counterparts, and demand to be traded? yeah ok.
Refuse?

Absolutely not.

But let's say I'm a new worker. The company hired a guy making more than 5x than I am. I'm doing an equal, if not better job.

Company then hires an older worker, who is still good, but at the expense of my position, I need move to a lesser city, have my salary cut into fractions.

I think Swayman will be professional, but logically speaking, wouldn't make me happy with the companies management.

Hockey doesn't work that way, but is Providence the best development for him when he's proving NHL time against better players?

Not saying he won't do it, because he likely will. But will he be happy about it? I wouldn't be. 1-2 years is a long time in professional sports.

He'll get his time, eventually. I'm just concerned it might not be the best developmental path, when he's already ready. And no it's not because others have taken that path before, it's that he's proven he's ready now. If his play demanded he get sent down, I'd agree. But getting regular NHL games against NHL talent is probably better.

That said, AHL is better if he was sitting on the bench most nights... but he's basically proven to be a regular so far.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad