Value of: Ullmark or possibly Swayman to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
With Rask most likely playing for the Bruins in a few weeks, the Bruins have 1 goalies too many.
They are expected to send Swayman down to the A, which is a shame because he has shown he is a very capable NHL goaltender.

Oilers is in need of a goaltender, would they be interested in Ullmark, and what could they offer?
Could there potentially be a bigger trade involving Debrusk aswell, and what could the Oilers offer for Ullmark and Debrusk?

And lastely, I really dont want Boston to trade Swayman, he is a potential future star goaltender, but is there anything Oilers could offer up for him that would be enticing enough for the Bruins?

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Would overpay for Swayman, and I'm not even sure what an overpayment would look like.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Don’t see any reason for Boston to move on from either.
Well the only option they have is to bury Swayman in the A. They cant send Ullmark down. What if Rask wants to play next season aswell? And the next after that? Swayman is arguably already better than Ullmark, so it feels pretty weird to send him down to the A. Especially for any longer period of time.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Swayman can be sent down without waivers
Ullmark just signed this offseason

Rask is weeks away coming off a injury. One year deal. Nothing long term.
You are not responding to anything i said..

When Rask comes back half the season will remain. Swayman is arguably better than Ullmark. It doesnt make much sense burying a better goaltender in the A. Bruins most likely wouldnt have signed another goalie if Rask was signed in the off-season. It is also very possible that Rask will want to play more than this season. So sooner or later there will have to be a decision.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

When Rask comes back half the season will remain. Swayman is arguably better than Ullmark. It doesnt make much sense burying a better goaltender in the A. Bruins most likely wouldnt have signed another goalie if Rask was signed in the off-season. It is also very possible that Rask will want to play more than this season. So sooner or later there will have to be a decision.
You make the easy choice swayman goes down to the Ahl.
Next season you don’t worry about Rask

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Forget Swayman is the next Bs top goalie, Ullmark have a NMC into force only 2023-2024 according to cap friendly, so Ulmark may be a possibility but I dont think the Bruins want to trade him, but if yes the Bruins need a number two center and can the Oilers trade them one, Nugent??

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
It definitely seems like the Bruins should move a goalie but everything coming from the media is that they plan to carry all 3, and play all 3. That with COVID depth is crucial and Rask gives them that depth. Sweeney does love depth.

Others have said they’ll bury Swayman for the rest of the year. That also sounds very Sweeney-esque. They love keeping young players in the minors well past their “he can play in the National “ date. Studnicka is dealing with that now,

You would think they knew Rask was going to come back. There was some concern that he might not play again or that he could re-injure the hip, but he recovered quicker than expected and supposedly looks as strong as ever in practices. He also didn’t do all this to play half a season. He’s back and he plans to be on the team for a few more years. And is prepared to be an affordable 1B/mentor.

All that brings me back to the idea that they have to trade someone. Maybe all the media chatter is just the Bruins trying to save face, so they can act surprised when they approach Ullmark about waiving his NMC.

Fwiw, it would really hurt to lose Swayman. The kid is a battler. If he goes it better be for someone really good.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
hey ullmark remember when you couldve been the #1 for Buffalo? Grass is always greener I guess....

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

sure it does.

no waivers & injury insurance

Reactions: Lightcast

DRW895

Dec 29, 2021
So funny to see how Boston stucked on guy who let them down so many times (2010, 2013, 2019) and now they bring him back. Rask doesn`t deserve this kind of honor/attention

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Both goalies knew what was going on with Rask coming into the season. Sway can be sent down even if he is playing well, he has what, less than 40 games professionally? He could use some seasoning. There is also the possibility of Rask playing poorly because he's been out, injuries, covid, alien abduction the list goes on. They'll role 3 goalies until the time comes to move one. I doubt Sway is the one to get moved unless an equal player of age and value is exchanged, he's in the plans for their future.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Well the only option they have is to bury Swayman in the A. They cant send Ullmark down. What if Rask wants to play next season aswell? And the next after that? Swayman is arguably already better than Ullmark, so it feels pretty weird to send him down to the A. Especially for any longer period of time.

Then Boston should put on their big boy pants and move on from Tuukka. Swayman is the future and Ullmark is 6 years younger and just signed a deal with a NMC, they shouldn't make bad decisions just to accommodate Rask.

Gifu

Dec 17, 2021
Swayman is arguably better than Ullmark.
What makes you think that way?
Swayman is a really promising and good young goalie right now, but I feel that Ullmark is still a better goalie at the moment, overall. Swayman in particular has one big weakness and Ullmark does not have a similar weakness, at least not so significant. Swayman’s weakness is rebound controls and that’s the big thing in the game.

Reactions: Jon77

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
oil fan.. want Swayman badly. 1st and a good prospect from us not named xavier, dylan or Bro.

I can't see him going back to the AHL
I also have never seen a 3 goalie system work.
Ullmark just signed a big deal with a full No Trade.. I assume he bought a house, maybe has family.. I just don't see him waiving all that to move to Edmonton.lol

I do find it funny that all 3 Boston goalies are better than Edmonton's starter.lol

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Usually goalies don’t carry a lot of value but I could see Holland overpaying with a 1st+ for Swayman. Boston could flip that return for a good roster player now since they’re currently competing.

Ullmark likely won’t be dealt since he was just signed to a big deal. Plus I doubt he’d get them much of return.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
So funny to see how Boston stucked on guy who let them down so many times (2010, 2013, 2019) and now they bring him back. Rask doesn`t deserve this kind of honor/attention

Yeah, let's blame one of the best goalies in the game. Remember that Lundqvist guy who never won a cup either?

It's stupid fans who blame him that think he should get a shutout every game

Jon77

Feb 1, 2021
What makes you think that way?
Swayman is a really promising and good young goalie right now, but I feel that Ullmark is still a better goalie at the moment, overall. Swayman in particular has one big weakness and Ullmark does not have a similar weakness, at least not so significant. Swayman’s weakness is rebound controls and that’s the big thing in the game.
I agree. He has had exceptional games and this leads to high hopes for a very young goalie. Most NHL goalies do not excel in the league for many years into their career. This is only a short term setback, maybe only one year.
Additionally, if trading Ulmark or Swayman makes the team that much better - goalies can always be found. Look around the league. Goaltending has changed and many goalies come available.
When I think of young goalies i always think of Raycroft, carter hart, Jones, Matt Murray....they can have success or think they are awesome, the reality is sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. (BTW none of these guys are terrible or bad or not going to be great - but it doesn't mean that Swayman is guaranteed to be AMAZING either.)

Reactions: Gifu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad