GDT: UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier/PFL 6

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Max is fired up, more than I've ever seen. A bit unusual for him. I think it'll either be a legendary performance by him or he gets stopped.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lol of course ray Cooper flatlined a guy in 30 seconds

Rory has looked washed unless he gets a favorable matchup for a little bit now. I didn’t watch the fight but I imagine Sadibou kept it standing and picked him apart from distance? He’s got a pretty meh record but I’ve seen him fight a bunch for PFL now and he’s actually not as bad as the record suggests.

Edit: Just watched the Ray Cooper fight, he ran him over for the entire 30 seconds. Looked like a completely different guy than the man who showed up last fight, physically looked in better shape too. I assume he was injured against Leal (and even though he looked washed that fight he did clip Leal a bit)

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
After looking like he needed to retire in his last fight Ray Cooper knocks out Brett in less than 30 seconds
Brett looked like he didn't want to be in there at all.

Last edited:

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Lol of course ray Cooper flatlined a guy in 30 seconds

Rory has looked washed unless he gets a favorable matchup for a little bit now. I didn’t watch the fight but I imagine Sadibou kept it standing and picked him apart from distance? He’s got a pretty meh record but I’ve seen him fight a bunch for PFL now and he’s actually not as bad as the record suggests.

Edit: Just watched the Ray Cooper fight, he ran him over for the entire 30 seconds. Looked like a completely different guy than the man who showed up last fight, physically looked in better shape too. I assume he was injured against Leal (and even though he looked washed that fight he did clip Leal a bit)

Rory just basically held him against the fence lol. I was surprised Rory was a heavy favorite during the live odds in the 3rd round. He literally did no damage to Sy. Sy landed a little and cut him but it was really boring.

And Zahabi didn't seem helpful either in between rounds. Said something like 'it's 1-1. when you get him to the fence go for underhooks'. That's already what he's trying and it's not working lol

bov

Nov 13, 2010
He needs to lay it on the line this time and risk everything. I don't think he wants another decision. Under 4.5 at +180.
That's a good price. Both guys want to put a stamp on this trilogy. Even though it's 2-0, it feels like a decisive win will put an end to things.

Stacked card and I won't bother with predictions, but Holloway and Munhoz victories would be awesome.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Rory just basically held him against the fence lol. I was surprised Rory was a heavy favorite during the live odds in the 3rd round. He literally did no damage to Sy. Sy landed a little and cut him but it was really boring.

And Zahabi didn't seem helpful either in between rounds. Said something like 'it's 1-1. when you get him to the fence go for underhooks'. That's already what he's trying and it's not working lol
I think Firas knows Rory is done. You could see it in his eyes. I don't know if it can all be attributed to the Lawler fight, mileage in general, or maybe some "extracurriculars" but Rory doesn't even resemble the fighter he once was. He did try to push the pace last night, but his physique and mentality has really softened over the years. I hope he can somehow win the tournament but it's time to call it a day after that.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Fight pass on sale for 65% off cause of international fight week apparently.

Love that. Never bothered getting it, but im getting too lazy finding streams for these early prelims and stuff

Reactions: chicagoskycam

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I think Firas knows Rory is done. You could see it in his eyes. I don't know if it can all be attributed to the Lawler fight, mileage in general, or maybe some "extracurriculars" but Rory doesn't even resemble the fighter he once was. He did try to push the pace last night, but his physique and mentality has really softened over the years. I hope he can somehow win the tournament but it's time to call it a day after that.
True, hopefully Firas gives him the talk after this season.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Wonder if jessica gets released after that, it's not like the armbar was a surprise. The commentator's were calling it before the fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad