GDT: UFC 196: McGregor vs. Diaz

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Will be interesting to see how McGregor deals with Diaz's size advantage. He's so used to fighting guys he's bigger and longer than.

Don't think this fight will be as easy as a lot are making it out to be. Him vs Lawler would be a hilarious mismatch in size. Diaz is too small for welterweight and looks noticeably bigger than McGregor. Just imagine how much bigger Lawler would look.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Money on Diaz

Real money or just a guess?

I doubt CMcG is going to put his rep and cache on the line if he isn't 100% sure he can dispose of Diaz. Dana probably agrees.

Diaz is in it for the payday. I don't think he believes he can beat Connor. This is a case of "take the money and run."

Edit: Watched an interview. $40K for his last fight. Diaz walks away with $500K for this one, win or lose. Cha-ching.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Conor wins tonight, and then beats Lawler at UFC 200.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
Real money or just a guess?

I doubt CMcG is going to put his rep and cache on the line if he isn't 100% sure he can dispose of Diaz. Dana probably agrees.

Diaz is in it for the payday. I don't think he believes he can beat Connor. This is a case of "take the money and run."

Edit: Watched an interview. $40K for his last fight. Diaz walks away with $500K for this one, win or lose. Cha-ching.

Real money. Well Draftkings

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Mcgregor/Diaz is such a mismatch, it's amazing how they sold this PPV.

Diaz will lose easily, look at his record. He is a glorified journeyman.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Mcgregor/Diaz is such a mismatch, it's amazing how they sold this PPV.

Diaz will lose easily, look at his record. He is a glorified journeyman.

If Conor beats him easily, which I wouldn't rule out, I think that says more about him than it does Nate.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I was so high on him early on. Just didn't develop the way I thought he might.
I think (hope) he finishes Taleb quickly. Would be happy to see him get back on track. Such an entertaining style.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hopefully Edgar convinces Conor to fight. Would love to see those 2 go toe to toe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad