Value of: UFA Montour

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He's going to get like 46-54M outside of Florida over 7 years. His contract won't be great in 3-4 years

If we could get him for Forsling contract or below man, I'd keep him.

horner

May 22, 2007
Florida probably tries to re-sign him but if they win the cup, I can see Montour chasing the money.

What kind of contract is your team willing to give him as an UFA? 30 year old RHD, great skater and yapper. PP1 quarterback with a down year in production due to being injured at the start of the year. Last year 70+ points when he finally got the opportunity to run PP1.
8 mil × 7 yrs

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Why would anyone overpay for him when he can't beat out OEL for PP1 minutes in the Cup Finals? And you wanna pay him 8M+????

Well it'll be funny to see if anyone actually gives him that much, I highly doubt it tho.
Of course. This is how free agency works. He's a RHD too so it will be 7+

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Gentle reminder players can only sign for 8 years with the team they’re currently on. So unless we’re talking a sign & trade or a trade before UFA day, he can only sign for a maximum of 7 years.
I’m aware which is why earlier I was saying he will be better off taking a slight haircut and signing with Florida for 8 years in a low tax situation on a cup contender.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Toronto Maple Leafs
$5.6m to $5.8m per year for 7 years
takes less money to play 1.5 hour drive from his hometown
demands more years instead, Toronto signs off on 7 years
also takes slightly less money to give Leafs cap room to build cup winner

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Toronto Maple Leafs
$5.6m to $5.8m per year for 7 years
takes less money to play 1.5 hour drive from his hometown
demands more years instead, Toronto signs off on 7 years
also takes slightly less money to give Leafs cap room to build cup winner
The core of the leafs did jack shit in terms of discounts, in fact they got full buyout proof and NMC, two of them the GM would love to move on from.
Yet a guy signing his last and biggest contract should do a team he has no ties to a favour?

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Hronek just got 7.25 so that's probably a floor for Montour. I'll guess 8M x 5 years
And Hronek got that as a pending RFA, not even a UFA. People expecting Montour to get less than Hronek in AAV are still living in the dead cap era. RHD, 20th in points by a defenseman over the last three years, just played 23 minutes a night on a Stanley Cup run... dude's gonna get paid.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad