F Igor Chernyshov - MHK Dynamo Moscow, MHL (2024, 33rd, SJ)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Where does this guy eventually go, maybe mid-late teens? Presumably there is risk given the whole Russian thing, no?
Sharks made a lot of sense but with getting Celebrini they might pick a defensemen if one of the big ones drops
Detroit makes sense but so does Nygard
Blues take him or else they fail at drafting.

If he gets past them then whoever gets him gets a steal.

If Helenius, Iginla, and Buium are gone by the time the Devils pick then I think they'd teeter-totter between Him and Nygard.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s my guy for the Avs. Not that he’s an immediate replacement but need a big bodied complimentary winger in the system with the uncertain futures of Landeskog and Nichushkin. Even if the offense doesn’t super pop-off at the NHL level or takes a while to develop.

Avs showed they aren’t afraid to pick a Russian in round one with Gulyayev last season.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
There’s a lot to work with here and I can see him playing up and down the lineup.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
He's a good enough playmaker to play with top players. He'll be a complementary player but could play high in your lineup.

Man he's going to be a handful to play against in the NHL, I'd love to have him in my teams prospect pool.

I imagine he goes between 10-15.
I have the sneaking feeling he drops to 18-24 and becomes the steal of the draft in a couple years.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I have the sneaking feeling he drops to 18-24 and becomes the steal of the draft in a couple years.

My thought is that he could be a Hyman/Nuke-type complement to elite players.

He handles the puck so well, very aware/good as a playmaker, and he skates so well. Very responsible in his own end too, he takes it just as seriously. Plus at his size he's going to be dynamite along the walls as far as holding onto pucks in deep, winning battles, extending plays, exc (he already is). Plus a powerful shot.

He seems like a guy with the tools to excel in the playoffs.

If I'm Chicago.. imagine getting Demidov at 2 & Cherynshov at 18.. Put those guys with Bedard & you could have a hell of a top line.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Hey Ducks, you could have picked a better version of Sennecke. Sharks are probably going to draft him for the 1st pick tomorrow, this draft for the Sharks will be like the 2017 draft the Stars had.
I would be stoked. We may double down on the defensive need, though. Who knows. We fired our Russian scout publicly earlier in the year so maybe they don't have confidence.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I would be stoked. We may double down on the defensive need, though. Who knows. We fired our Russian scout publicly earlier in the year so maybe they don't have confidence.
Forgot about that, was looking forward to this pick but now I'm not confident it's happening

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Would really like Chernyshov but I don't think he is a player Grier/the Sharks would target. For some reason, they have always avoided Russians in the draft.

Yegor Rimashevsky

Lol I literally just came here to say that he’s my first choice at 33 by far. I am worried we won’t take him though.

I mean I would love to grab a RD with some good ones available but if teams are just going to leave these guys for the Sharks to draft...you kinda have to go Chernyshov tomorrow.

Clear BPA. Never thought he'd make it out of the first. This draft is crazy!

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Back when the Sharks were holding pick 14, I was hoping IF one of the D didn’t fall to them they’d trade back to the early 20s and hope Chernyshov was still on the board.

To have picked Dickinson at 11 and now have a shot at Chernyshov at 33… mind blowing. Make it happen Grier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad