GWT: UCL R16 First Legs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Tuchel's Chelsea reminds me sometimes of those great Mourinho teams. They could have beaten you with talent, they could have beaten you by hard work, but they mostly preferred to beat you by boring you to death. I don't know who Lille's coach is, but he made some questionable decisions. Put in Ben Arfa at half time for Onana who looked over his head in that position, and this is a winnable game. Never mind putting in Burak who looks like he lives in a McDonalds and not Weah earlier.

Arthur is so useless. A worse Paredes. Just recycles the ball.
At least Paredes is mean.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ask yourself the same thing with Klopp's signings.
Mane? 11 goals?
Salah? Didn't cut it.
Firmino? Can't score.
Chelsea's signings have a way better pedigree. Yet they're not delivering.
Which league title did Liverpool win while Mane was scoring ten goals a season?

Oh, they didn’t win at that point. Makes sense.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That f***ing sucks. We have no midfielders for the NT who can play anywhere near as well as him. Adams is good but the difference in quality is really clear to me, and we have two very difficult matches coming up and need to win one of them IMO. Our coach also sucks so all in all not good.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
That f***ing sucks. We have no midfielders for the NT who can play anywhere near as well as him. Adams is good but the difference in quality is really clear to me, and we have two very difficult matches coming up and need to win one of them IMO. Our coach also sucks so all in all not good.

Berhalter now has an excuse to find a way to get Roldan or Lletget back into the starting 11 for the last qualifying window. Literally couldn't have come at worse time. I just thought he simply rolled his ankle and they were being cautious and now he's out 2 months with a broken foot. Absolutely gutted.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Why would it be at Wembley anyway?
They already benefited from the Euro games, why the CL final?

I wasn’t saying that Wembley is a good choice over the rest of Europe, there’s obviously dozens of quality venues in multiple countries that haven’t chosen to invade someone. It was merely a comment that Wembley is a better choice than OT if it was held in England if there were two English teams in the finals.

Reactions: Jussi

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No I don’t think tuchel is capable of playing an offensive system that matches his team. He’s a limited coach and he’s shown it time and time again. Like simeone. Not the first time I argue about a chelsea coach and guess who was right last time around?

TT has been erring on the side of caution since Pep trounced his BVB, but he can set up a creative & fluid attack when he actually tries to...the problem is that too often he is much more concerned with not getting taken advantage of; often even when he has the personnel to play more ambitiously.

I don't know what a pre-Atletic Simeone was like as a coach, but Tuchel had a creative background & understands how a fluid offensive system should opperate; he's just moved away from that creative background by focusing more on stopping other teams' fluidity than finding new ways to enhance his own teams'.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
IMO what happened to Tuchel is that Liverpool-Dortmund tie made him think that playing attacking football in these games was pointless. They had better players, they played better for about 135 minutes of the tie, they kept chasing more goals, and then they lost anyway and he got blamed. Since then he hasn't used similar tactics in a knockout stage.
That & Pep getting the better of him. It really is a shame because TT was such an interesting trainer before the cynicism got to him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I wasn’t saying that Wembley is a good choice over the rest of Europe, there’s obviously dozens of quality venues in multiple countries that haven’t chosen to invade someone. It was merely a comment that Wembley is a better choice than OT if it was held in England if there were two English teams in the finals.
I know. It's the fact that pretty much everyone seems to take it for granted.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
TT has been erring on the side of caution since Pep trounced his BVB, but he can set up a creative & fluid attack when he actually tries to...the problem is that too often he is much more concerned with not getting taken advantage of; often even when he has the personnel to play more ambitiously.

I don't know what a pre-Atletic Simeone was like as a coach, but Tuchel had a creative background & understands how a fluid offensive system should opperate; he's just moved away from that creative background by focusing more on stopping other teams' fluidity than finding new ways to enhance his own teams'.
Even with PSG facing small teams in L1 he didn't show any ambition.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The problem with moving the CL Final is that they should move it to another cheap city. My research was telling me that St. Petersburg would be cheap compared to most places and would be good for fans. Moving it to London is the exact opposite of that and from my personal perspective if I got a ticket it would be more difficult to swing. Move it to Glasgow or something that's cheaper for fans. They just took a final away from Istanbul and that place is cheap. Move it there. If somehow I got a ticket I could make it there for a week, and I swore to myself I'd try to make the next European final Liverpool were in.

But of course UEFA will go for greed and pick London.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The problem with moving the CL Final is that they should move it to another cheap city. My research was telling me that St. Petersburg would be cheap compared to most places and would be good for fans. Moving it to London is the exact opposite of that and from my personal perspective if I got a ticket it would be more difficult to swing. Move it to Glasgow or something that's cheaper for fans. They just took a final away from Istanbul and that place is cheap. Move it there. If somehow I got a ticket I could make it there for a week, and I swore to myself I'd try to make the next European final Liverpool were in.

But of course UEFA will go for greed and pick London.
Just had an awful feeling about St James Park hosting this

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I think people throw out Wembley out of habit due to it's history of arranging big events and being a big modern arena, without checking if it's even available.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think people throw out Wembley out of habit due to it's history of arranging big events and being a big modern arena, without checking if it's even available.

I assumed that events like the championship final would be adjusted if it was legitimately the only blocker to getting a CL final.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Even with PSG facing small teams in L1 he didn't show any ambition.

Wasn't disagreeing with that. As I said, the shift started while he was still butting heads with Watzke, and since then (which includes his time in Paris) he has been far too cynical & uncourageous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad