GWT: UCL R16 First Legs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, I agree they haven't really had a good chance, but they're still dangerous. A draw would be fair IMO.
But they lack ambition technically here (in terms of coaching). Bring a technical and creative player and that's all it'd take.

Reactions: luiginb

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
As long as Alonso is playing, that will always be an obvious route to creating ample dangerous opportunities.

Rudiger, historically and in this game, has been good at covering those mistakes

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This has been REALLY obvious to me in the Concacaf qualifying games i’ve seen
Don’t watch that but just based off the games I watch from the leagues around Europe they’re either very overrated or very crap. Mckennie gets little hype but always impresses me. Think he’s underrated.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Maybe the epl isn’t as great as it thinks it is… really they have 2/3 great teams and a bunch of meh.
Dont think you can say Chelsea's roster is meh.
Havertz alone is probably worth the entire Lille team.
Tuchel lacks any ambition in terms of offensive football, but that was the case in Paris too.
L1 is MUCH better this year and Lille is doing fine despite some serious depth issues.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
This is still EPL's 3rd ranked team against L1's 11th. It shouldn't even be close.
Epl’s third ranked team that hasn’t been able to score goals since the Chilwell/Reece injuries. Also, have not had Werner, Jorginho much either. Mount, others in and out with injuries. I don’t know.

I think teams go through lulls. We’ve been in one for a few months but to me, it’s understandable.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dont think you can say Chelsea's roster is meh.
Havertz alone is probably worth the entire Lille team.
Tuchel lacks any ambition in terms of offensive football, but that was the case in Paris too.
L1 is MUCH better this year and Lille is doing fine despite some serious depth issues.
They’re obviously part of 2/3 clubs lol… ya based off of talent they should challenge Liverpool/city but it’s clear tuchel is trash. Chelsea fans like him tho

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Don’t watch that but just based off the games I watch from the leagues around Europe they’re either very overrated or very crap. Mckennie gets little hype but always impresses me. Think he’s underrated.
It isn't really a shot at Pulisic, McKennie is just that much better. He doesn't take night's off.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Hey, he finally successfully isolated himself and scored

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Epl’s third ranked team that hasn’t been able to score goals since the Chilwell/Reece injuries. Also, have not had Werner, Jorginho much either. Mount, others in and out with injuries. I don’t know.

I think teams go through lulls. We’ve been in one for a few months but to me, it’s understandable.

I could feel pity if Lille hadn't sold one of their best offensive players in order not to be broke?
Gourvennec seems to think they can pass their way through that Chelsea regrouped defense. Why not use an offensive player like HBA who can actually dribble someone and unbalance?

Nice counter, I'm sure Tuchel is proud.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Gourvennec's idea?
Put a big body in the box by putting Yilmaz on. :facepalm:
Yilmaz hasn't scored in months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad