OT: UB and General College Football Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Maybe, but I think he'll go in the second or 3rd round.

That sounds about right. If he's to go in the first round, he's going to have to be absolutely dominant game after game in the MAAC, because if he has even an above-average stretch of games there'll be questions about his quality of competition.

Numbers wise, he has outstanding size (listed as 6-3, 248 by UB) and speed, which translate well to the NFL level.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
That sounds about right. If he's to go in the first round, he's going to have to be absolutely dominant game after game in the MAAC, because if he has even an above-average stretch of games there'll be questions about his quality of competition.

Numbers wise, he has outstanding size (listed as 6-3, 248 by UB) and speed, which translate well to the NFL level.

Don't be so sure. The first overall pick came from Central Michigan after all, and Joe Flacco was a 1st rounder coming out of Delaware. If Mack plays well this year, has a good bowl game (assuming UB makes one), and does well in the combine/pre-draft stuff...

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

Hes a pass rusher, so if he can pull a sack per game, even hes average doing it, he will be gone by the second. Pass rushers with good size dont slide in the draft unless they're doing blow off stripers.

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hes a pass rusher, so if he can pull a sack per game, even hes average doing it, he will be gone by the second. Pass rushers with good size dont slide in the draft unless they're doing blow off stripers.

Thank god there's no great strip clubs in Buffalo. Here's to hoping he doesn't have his passport.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
One must remember these early top-25 games don't really mean much for a MAC team

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Can we make this a college football catchall?

Because my FCS team is going ham. Only loss was to West Virginia by a touchdown on the road

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Worth noting is the fact that UB is actually looking p good after their first three stumbles

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Worth noting is the fact that UB is actually looking p good after their first three stumbles

They seem to be building something, even better than what turner Gill built. Gill had a few great college players that really carried him, and not much behind them.

I can see a program being built right now at UB. Would be great to see the Alma Mater become a top MAC team every year and maybe 5 years down the road step up into a bigger conference.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
They seem to be building something, even better than what turner Gill built. Gill had a few great college players that really carried him, and not much behind them.

I can see a program being built right now at UB. Would be great to see the Alma Mater become a top MAC team every year and maybe 5 years down the road step up into a bigger conference.

It would be great to see the Alma Mater succeed as you mention. A little less so, though as the New York Bulls. Or maybe a lot less so.......

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Bumping this thread. UB is killing Ohio (6-2) right now 30-3. The Bulls will be 7-2. Freaking UB is 7-2. Crazy. Their only 2 losses are to top 10 teams.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Bumping this thread. UB is killing Ohio (6-2) right now 30-3. The Bulls will be 7-2. Freaking UB is 7-2. Crazy. Their only 2 losses are to top 10 teams.

With seven wins coming against the following pauerhausses:

Ohio, Western Mich, uconn, eastern mich, umass, kent state, and stony brook.

Nothing too impressive; through you can only beat who you're scheduled to play. I know.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

Nothing too impressive; through you can only beat who you're scheduled to play. I know.

Very true, although they are beating those teams soundly. Only the Stony Brook one was close ironically.

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL

True, but before they would play those teams and be around .500 :laugh:

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA

No, with no NIU or Ball State on the regular season schedule, it's been fairly weak so far (BG will be tough). But on the positive side, as mentioned, they waxed all but one of those teams and got a coach axed (sure, not JUST because of them, but still...). Plus they pretty well controlled (the two horrible calls notwithstanding) an Ohio team that started the year with high MAC hopes, was playing good football, and had beaten very solid North Texas and Marshall teams earlier. And that Branden Oliver looks like a keeper.

On a side note, it was interesting to see two Buffalo teams benefit from bad officiating...on the same night!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad