HF Habs: U18 World Men's Hockey Championship, April 25-May 5

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If you think Iginlas stock is falling because of the u18s you haven't been watching and you clearly have bias. Hes 3rd in scoring and has a GPG in low stakes games, he's a pro player that hasn't gelled with anyone on the team after not playing at camp.

The stuff you read on this board.

Haha. I just feel like the one friend I could picture doing that and he did NOT end up well

Like it’s hilarious but you just know that dude’s pretty f***ed lolol
If any of my "friends" shat in anything of mine they would get straight heat. So many funny things you could do, defeating on someone's property isn't one of them.

We used to take pictures of our buddies sleeping with our balls on their forehead. Now that's armless fun.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
If you think Iginlas stock is falling because of the u18s you haven't been watching and you clearly have bias. Hes 3rd in scoring and has a GPG in low stakes games, he's a pro player that hasn't gelled with anyone on the team after not playing at camp.

If anything, Iginla’s stock has risen as a result of his play at the U18s.

JT3

May 27, 2013
If not for George, Latvia might actually be winning this game. George has been excellent.
From what I heard that was pretty much the story this whole season in Owen Sound as well, nowhere without Carter George. He's a good goalie.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If anything, Iginla’s stock has risen as a result of his play at the U18s.

He's certainly earning 5-10 range consideration for sure. Can't wait to see where Bob M has him with his end of season rankings.

Iggy and Eiserman (if not Celebrini or Demidov). I'm very high on both Eiserman and Iggy.

Reactions: Rozz

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I didn't think much of Helenius after the WJC, and he hasn't done anything to convince me except showing well against weak opponents.

Iginla left me on my appetite. I still like him a lot and he's definately still in the discussion at #5 or 6, but I wanted to see more. It might be a good thing in the grand schemes of things though, as there's a pretty good chance he'll be available at our pick.

Our scouts will have to do their due diligence from now till the draft to predict who will have the biggest potential for growth between Lindstrom, Iginla and Catton.

At #1 and 2, you go Celebrini and Demidov (unless some red flags arise).

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If any of my "friends" shat in anything of mine they would get straight heat. So many funny things you could do, defeating on someone's property isn't one of them.

We used to take pictures of our buddies sleeping with our balls on their forehead. Now that's armless fun.
Two things

1) Where do you want them to be defeated?
2) Not if you have cooties.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
All I keep hearing now is how he's a legit top 7 pick, he definitely secured his riser position. Just 2 months ago the narrative was that he was a mid-to-late first rounder at best .
How would that even be possible with the stats and the play that he has this year? Who is seen late 1st round with that kind of performance he had all year?

The problem with rankings especially based on one tournament is that the ones that don't play are seen better usually than the ones that do. 'cause we don't know how well the ones that aren't here would have done.

I never was that much a fan of Helenius...but strange how both Iginla and Helenius will take a drop based on this tournament while Lindstrom and Catton don't even have a chance to see a drop.....

Iginla was dominant....while Sennecke also is in league's play. Yet, I'm pretty sure than when all is said and done, you'll see Sennecke ahead of Iginla in most lists. Not saying that this is not what will in reality be happening...just saying that it's exactly because of THIS one tournament that it will happen.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
From what I heard that was pretty much the story this whole season in Owen Sound as well, nowhere without Carter George. He's a good goalie.

Yeah, imo, he's going to rise in final lists. I can see him going top 50 now. He's one of the few where U18 helped highlight him, and I think that will reflect in the rankings. Majority haven't hurt themselves, though. I don't see Helenius dropping or anything because Finland went out in Quarters. Masse stays where he is too - early 2nd.

George though has stood out.

Reactions: bopeep and JT3

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
How would that even be possible with the stats and the play that he has this year? Who is seen late 1st round with that kind of performance he had all year?

The problem with rankings especially based on one tournament is that the ones that don't play are seen better usually than the ones that do. 'cause we don't know how well the ones that aren't here would have done.

I never was that much a fan of Helenius...but strange how both Iginla and Helenius will take a drop based on this tournament while Lindstrom and Catton don't even have a chance to see a drop.....

Iginla was dominant....while Sennecke also is in league's play. Yet, I'm pretty sure than when all is said and done, you'll see Sennecke ahead of Iginla in most lists. Not saying that this is not what will in reality be happening...just saying that it's exactly because of THIS one tournament that it will happen.
I don't think the late season tournament have that much impacts on NHL scouts opinions since their evaluation is done over years of data. They are looking at projecting what the player will become, not what the player is now.

Reactions: Mrb1p

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Yeah, imo, he's going to rise in final lists. I can see him going top 50 now. He's one of the few where U18 helped highlight him, and I think that will reflect in the rankings. Majority haven't hurt themselves, though. I don't see Helenius dropping or anything because Finland went out in Quarters. Masse stays where he is too - early 2nd.

George though has stood out.
George’s poor puck handling skills however, will cost Canada before this tournament is over.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Outside of the swastika snapchat with his buddy, he's got a long history of bullying teammates, some alleged slurs, and two incidents of urinating and defecating in teammates bags.
Trevor Connelly is a champ.

Early favorite to become a cast member on The White Lotus 4, where such acts fit their plot lines.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Oh it wouldn’t be funny if it happened to me. I’d kill him lol. But at a certain age I would’ve thought that was funny.

And like I said, there’s something clearly wrong with someone who would do that lol

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Mornin' Gentlemen. So who scored the first goal? Slovakia playing hard. Who scored?

EDIT: Ah, Stiga again. Of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad