HF Habs: U18 World Men's Hockey Championship, April 25-May 5

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He's been alright, I look up when I hear his name. It's not a top 10 performance, it's a first rounder performance. Which is kind of where his whole game has been this tournament.

I mean this tournament is even worse than WJC to make that determination. Tyson Jost absolutely dominated. Kotkaniemi looked great. Pastrnak & Necas both sucked.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I mean this tournament is even worse than WJC to make that determination. Tyson Jost absolutely dominated. Kotkaniemi looked great. Pastrnak & Necas both sucked.

Kucherov absolutely dominated it, too.

It's just another evaluation point but it's a final opportunity to impress and I'm not getting impressed. He wasn't good against Prince George, which fine, Prince George is very good but then he's following it up with a game that's lacking in the playmaking department, isn't puck dominant and is losing the puck easily when he's trying to make plays in traffic by exposing the puck with his moves.

It's a step back rather than holding serve. Ryan Leonard last year really showed that his progression all year long wasn't a mirage, it was a sign of things to come.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, that's it. A really well played game by Latvia. Canada needs to clean up their own end if they face the Americans in finals. Can't give Hagens those opportunities.

4-0 final.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Semi-Finals match-ups:

Sweden vs Canada
Slovakia vs USA

Games are at 7 am & 11 am on Saturday, March 4th. They haven't released which game is playing in which time slot yet.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Kucherov absolutely dominated it, too.

It's just another evaluation point but it's a final opportunity to impress and I'm not getting impressed. He wasn't good against Prince George, which fine, Prince George is very good but then he's following it up with a game that's lacking in the playmaking department, isn't puck dominant and is losing the puck easily when he's trying to make plays in traffic by exposing the puck with his moves.

It's a step back rather than holding serve. Ryan Leonard last year really showed that his progression all year long wasn't a mirage, it was a sign of things to come.
Difference is that Iginla came out late. And was paired with players he knew nothing about. Compared to Leonard who was there from the get go and was playing with his longtime friends. I think Canada should be judged less harshly. Needless to say though that I was BIG fan of Leonard and thought that if not Michkov, Leonard should have been our pick.

Though it shows how freakin dominant McKenna is and how he has in him to be superior to Bedard and Celebrini.

As far as Iginla is concerned though...I would like to see better games when it counts...and those are the next 2. I don't hold a whole lot of hope in those tournaments....but....I won't be able to justify a top 3 selection as much as I love him if he doesn't elevate his game.

But also, Iginla is one of the youngest player in that tournament. So quite a few hesitations to blame him so far.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad