Value of: Tyler Toffoli

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
They can't keep loading up on slower skaters but yes that Bowness system is probably perfect for Toffoli lol

Loved him his draft year in 2019, what happened to him? Fell out of favor or legit just looks bad in the NHL?
Lost his confidence, was overthinking on his plays so he was sent down to the AHL to gain confidence and top minutes.

Had a great game today.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
He has been lackluster I'd trade a 2nd and kilimovich, rather not trade podkolzin since we could use him on our bottom 6 next year.

Reactions: gianni

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
He has been lackluster I'd trade a 2nd and kilimovich, rather not trade podkolzin since we could use him on our bottom 6 next year.

He’s on pace for 35 goals lol.

A 2nd round pick that’s likely in the 60s and a winger who has been a healthy scratch in the AHL?

Yeah that offer would very easily be beat.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

A 2nd round pick that’s likely in the 60s and a winger who has been a healthy scratch in the AHL?

That's the 2nd & Madden. Seems about right on.

devsfan8

Aug 23, 2005
South Jersey
I don't see why the Devils would trade Tyler IF he wants to stay and sign a new deal. As it stands he is currently the Devils only natural goal scorer. He fits in well here. Even if this season is a wash, the focus should be get him locked up on a new contract. This isn't a situation where the Devils are rebuilding and they have no cap issues.

Last edited:

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I don't see why the Devils would trade Tyler IF he wants to stay and sign a new deal. As it stands he is currently the Devils only natural goal scorer. He fits in well here. Even if this season is a wash, the focus shield be get him locked up on a new contract. This isn't a situation where the Devils are rebuilding and have no cap issues.
Agreed, but why hasn't he signed

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I don't see why the Devils would trade Tyler IF he wants to stay and sign a new deal. As it stands he is currently the Devils only natural goal scorer. He fits in well here. Even if this season is a wash, the focus should be get him locked up on a new contract. This isn't a situation where the Devils are rebuilding and have no cap issues.

Toffoli already has a cup win. It’s probably his last chance at a nice payday. He’s going to want to be paid his market value. Unless he surprises everyone and takes a discount, there is better use of cap space for the Devils. They already have cap space tied up in aging players like Palat, no reason to do the same with Toffoli. He’s done well in NJ, but he’s streaky and slow. Once Ruff is gone, hopefully Holtz is utilized correctly and can replace some of the goals lost from Toffoli. Given Holtz’s ice time and linemates, his underlying goal numbers are pretty remarkable. He’s also younger and still on his ELC.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Maybe to Edmonton? I would trust him in the playoffs far more than McLeod, Foelgore, Janmark, Holloway to step up and score those big goals.

Reactions: David71

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't see why the Devils would trade Tyler IF he wants to stay and sign a new deal. As it stands he is currently the Devils only natural goal scorer. He fits in well here. Even if this season is a wash, the focus should be get him locked up on a new contract. This isn't a situation where the Devils are rebuilding and they have no cap issues.

he is about to turn 32 years old and his footspeed does not fit in with the rest of the team. He is likely to get a contract not in line with what he should be getting as a 32 year old.

"natural" goal scorer? The Devils have 3 other guys who might hit 30 goals and thats not even counting Timo Meier.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I don't understand the logic of attempting to re-sign him at all, unless the offers for him are underwhelming it makes zero sense to keep him around.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I worry about Toffoli's foot speed but he'd be an incredible winger for McDavid or Draisaitl. a guy that likes to hang back, find open space, and rip it is what we need. I think a Kane/Foegele-Draisaitl-Toffoli line would be fantastic.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I worry about Toffoli's foot speed but he'd be an incredible winger for McDavid or Draisaitl. a guy that likes to hang back, find open space, and rip it is what we need. I think a Kane/Foegele-Draisaitl-Toffoli line would be fantastic.
Do the Oilers have cap space for Toffoli (50 % retained) or do they need to move someone out of the way? Would the Oilers trade their first for Toffoli or a 2nd + prospect?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Do the Oilers have cap space for Toffoli (50 % retained) or do they need to move someone out of the way? Would the Oilers trade their first for Toffoli or a 2nd + prospect?
I think we could fit Toffoli at 50% without moving anyone out. We'd just have to waive someone like Gagner or Ryan or even just send down Holloway, who's waiver exempt. And yes, I'd move a first or a 2nd+ for him. Preferably 2nd+ of course. I think 2nd+Lavoie might be fair for all involved, he's our best prospect not named Holloway or Broberg (or Akey)

Last edited:
Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I think we could fit Toffoli at 50% without moving anyone out. We'd just have to waive someone like Gagner or Ryan or even just send down Holloway, who's waiver exempt. And yes, I'd move a first or a 2nd+ for him. Preferably 2nd+ of course. I think 2nd+Lavoie might be fair for all involved, he's our best prospect not named Holloway or Broberg (or Akey)
Lavoie cleared waivers I question if he'd have the value to bridge a 2nd to a 1st

Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Toffoli in the 2 years prior to his trade
140 games 31 goals 68 points
Toffoli last 2 years
142 games 60 goals 117 points
Playing him with a center that didn't have an Achilles tendon was the cause of this. He's still the same player. Maybe he gets a first from a desperate GM, but I wouldn't do more than a second & Madden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad