Value of: Tyler Toffoli

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
sounds like something Blake would do.

LA should not be in the acquiring rentals market, but given it is a desperate GM trying to save his job Pearson and Carter likely also coming back.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
He's good player. I don't know why Jersey fans so against him
Mainly just because he's going to be 32 years old and probably get a 5 year, 6+ million dollar contract that some devils fans don't want to give him. I don't think many devils fans actually dislike him as a player, though this year he's been pretty one dimensional

Since the devils are likely out of it, makes more sense to sell him and get back some assets.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Loved him in Vancouver, never wanted to see him leave but our incompetent GM at the time didn't call Toffoli or Tanev back and let them walk for nothing.

The Canucks would probably offer a 25 2nd rounder and a lower tier prospect for him.

Toffoli would well balance our forward group going into the playoffs.

Reactions: lawrence

The Doctors Office

May 2, 2022

Come on, you probably just don't know Tyler Foli 'cause he plays late at night. Who doesn't want this guy for a first? Back then he only had 12 goals, this season he's got like 25, and he's -11 which ok that sucks but 25 goals, come on.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Loved him in Vancouver, never wanted to see him leave but our incompetent GM at the time didn't call Toffoli or Tanev back and let them walk for nothing.

The Canucks would probably offer a 25 2nd rounder and a lower tier prospect for him.

toffoli petey reunion.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
To be clear, I would love Toffoli back in LA if Blake’s going to make an all-in move. I think something around Kaliyev and a pick would make sense if you believe that LA should be buyers (most Kings fans, myself included, don’t agree).

LA is sorely missing a right-handed sniper. If Kempe and Arvidsson are both out until the playoffs (if not the season), then LA could roll something like this:

Fiala - Kopitar - Toffoli
Turcotte - Byfield - Laferriere
Moore - Danault - Fagemo
Lizotte - Dubois - Thomas

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland

A 2nd (25) + the other Pettersson? I don't think NJ is interested in your lower tier prospects.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
To be clear, I would love Toffoli back in LA if Blake’s going to make an all-in move. I think something around Kaliyev and a pick would make sense if you believe that LA should be buyers (most Kings fans, myself included, don’t agree).
I rather trade a 2nd + prospect than Kalieyv. Maybe someone like Chromiak, Pinelli, Dvorak or Conmy? Or maybe I undervalue Kaliyev.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If he's available and cheap, Dallas should be in on him. Though they don't really need him but he scores big goals in the playoffs and he would be useful even on their 4th line.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Just a reminder that Tyler Toffoli has 60 goals over the last 2 years and playoff pedigree. Comps here are Tarasenko and Bertuzzi from last year.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
As others said, I'd expect the Devils to keep him unless the wheels completely fell off the wagon by the deadline.

For value, I'd guess something closer to what Toffoli fetched as a rental in 2020 (Tyler Madden + 2nd rounder).

Maybe they could work out a condition that the 2nd would get upgraded to a 1st if the acquiring team made the Conference Final (and the 1st would get bumped to the final four picks of the round). Rangers had that condition on Andrew Copp (exercised) and Patrick Kane (not exercised) in recent years.
Toffoli in the 2 years prior to that trade:
140 games, 31 goals, 68 points
Toffoli in his last 2 years
140 games, 59 goals, 115 points

The production isn't even remotely comparable here

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Can anyone find me a production profile like Toffoli's not fetching a 1st as a rental?

You paid a 1st+ for Tarasenko last year lmao
Pending UFA, one trick pony, can’t skate, 31 years old. Is he worth a first?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Toffoli was never really a good skater. A lot like Michael Ryder. If the Devils had Halak, they might be onto something! j/k

I don't see a lot of Devils games, but 21 goals is nothing to sneeze at.

Devils are 5 points out of playoff spot with 3 games in hand. I don't think they'd move him unless things get appreciably worse over the next month. If that's the case, I would think a 2nd round pick would be pretty realistic. If you get two teams looking for goals, and you're willing to retain, who knows.

2023 Deadline

Buffalo spent a 2nd and 4th to get Greenway
Dallas spent a 2nd for Domi
Boston spent a 1st and 4th for Bertuzzi
Pittsburgh spent a 2nd on Granlund.
Those 4 guys had 33 goals combind at time of trade (2, 18, 4, 9).
Toffoli on his own has 25

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Depends on demand for what he brings.

C and D are just generally worth more. Slow or not, Top Titty can still play and has playoff experience.

I just don't know how many contenders need (or want) goal scoring and 5v5 play.
Would take him on the JETS.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland

So what would they offer? A late first or a 2nd + prospect?

Do I remember correctly that the Oilers wouldn't trade Holloway or Broberg for a rental. I'm not interested in Broberg but Holloway is an interesting player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad