Value of: Tyler Myers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I think you are on the right track here, JetsHomer. The Jets said in their statement the following: "...still represents an important part of the future of our club." - referring to Trouba. Reading between the lines, that suggests to me a trade of Myers may be more likely. Myers is healthy and feeling great.

"still represents an important part of the future of the club" could also refer to the value they think he'll return in a trade.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Don't really think Reinhart has any more value than a 3rd round pick.

He went for a 1st and a 2nd a year ago, no way playing a year in the AHL as a second year pro sees his value reduced that much. Some teams may value him at that but some may still see him as having 1st rounder value, he had some really effective games last year while called up. He's also reportedly improved his skating quite a bit in the offseason. He's still a prospect, dmen are far from finished at 21. We'll see how he does as a 22 year old this season.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
He went for a 1st and a 2nd a year ago, no way playing a year in the AHL as a second year pro sees his value reduced that much. Some teams may value him at that but some may still see him as having 1st rounder value, he had some really effective games last year while called up. He's also reportedly improved his skating quite a bit in the offseason. He's still a prospect, dmen are far from finished at 21. We'll see how he does as a 22 year old this season.
The Oilers massively overpaid for him. Barzal alone is worth more.

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
Maybe something around Martinez & Nolan/Andreoff for Myers & Lowry with picks to make up fair value. hope it's not an unfair proposal.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Oilers massively overpaid for him. Barzal alone is worth more.

I wouldn't trade Reinhart for Barzal if I'm Peter Chiarelli today. He'd immediately be fourth on the depth chart and be well behind the eight ball of ever improving that. Not to mention he isn't exactly known for being a dynamite two-way forward.

The Oilers traded two picks for a position of need. That hasn't changed, regardless of who was picked in that draft.

member 88115

I would offer Pearson + Shore or Dowd + Clifford or Nolan for Myers + Lowry.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
I think you are on the right track here, JetsHomer. The Jets said in their statement the following: "...still represents an important part of the future of our club." - referring to Trouba. Reading between the lines, that suggests to me a trade of Myers may be more likely. Myers is healthy and feeling great.

If they felt like Myers was more movable than Trouba, then Trouba would have been playing ahead of Myers. It's really just that simple.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
"still represents an important part of the future of the club" could also refer to the value they think he'll return in a trade.

Yes, it could mean that as well. However, I don't think the Jets will cave in to Trouba's trade request just because he wants out. Apparently, E. Kane asked for a trade every off-season and never got it until the tracksuit incident, so it might take several years, too, for Trouba to be granted a trade out of Wpg.

I think it's Myers that may end up getting traded in the short term.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Edmonton - Needs more RHD

Carolina - Myers gets paid 4, 3.5, 3 for 3 years with 5.5 caphit.

That is 2mil gains for to reach the cap floor, plus a great player.

Batrous

May 4, 2016
Doesn't Myers still have a limited ntc in his current contract? If so that would impact the value.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Since Trouba has requested a trade and Myers hasn't, I'd rather keep Myers and trade Trouba.

Even if trading Myers would allow us to keep and play Trouba, I'd still rather keep Myers.

I think it would destroy the locker room if you start trading away players to keep the one who requested the trade in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad