Value of: Tyler Myers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Wow a Fowler trade I don't mind, that's more fair.

Doesn't really help the Ducks at all though. Myers cap hit is too high for us when we still have Lindholm and Rakell to re-sign. Swapping Fowelr for another defensemen just isn't a smart move for us.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Doesn't really help the Ducks at all though. Myers cap hit is too high for us when we still have Lindholm and Rakell to re-sign. Swapping Fowelr for another defensemen just isn't a smart move for us.

I thought the Ducks were more interested in cash than cap. Am I mistaken?

BrianFromAIH

Long Time Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
Warren, OH, USA
Since Trouba has requested a trade and Myers hasn't, I'd rather keep Myers and trade Trouba.

Even if trading Myers would allow us to keep and play Trouba, I'd still rather keep Myers.

I think it would destroy the locker room if you start trading away players to keep the one who requested the trade in the first place.

Wheeler was quoted this morning as saying "We want him back", and Wheeler isn't the kind of guy to hold back. I think it'd be fine.

Last edited:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Quite a few times. He's Luke Schenn with worse skating

Yea that statement is just wrong.
As someone who's watched him play in

- 40+ Oil Kings playoff games (Tv and Live)
- 20+ Oil kings regular season games (Live)
- All WJC games
- All Oilers games this year (25 i believe)
- 5 or so Bakersfield games

I can tell you, with confidence, he is a much more superior, and especially more intelligent player than Schenn. His last dozen or so games with the Oilers he played terrific. Dman of his ilk take time to develop. But you can disagree, not trying to convince you on anything.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Mob

Lol. He requested a trade so he would have more opportunity on the right side, not because of money or because he wants out of the city. Moving Myers gives Trouba the minutes he wants.

Stop believing players who have devoted a lifetime to get themselves to the big leagues or the Jet's Thread mob are going to be some pissed at you.
Thing is no one outside the 2 parties knows what the respective actual negotiating positions were when talks broke down. But on que the mob is out to hang the player and agent. Just because!
I too hope they can trade Myers for a left D then sign Trouba to a fair deal. One that compensates him for his stats playing with Toby not the ones while playing with Stu.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
If a trade was going to happen it would of happened at some point this summer. First off there is no way this whole thing is over what side he plays on. I mean you have a 22 year old 1RHD (as Jets fans suggest) arguably the most valuable type of player in the league, he has 4 years left of team control and you let him force his way out because of what side he plays on? I don't buy it, you do everything possible to keep that guy around including trying someone else on the left or trading a guy like Myers. I mean if you don't do that then you're badly mismanaging your team and opening the door for other young players down the line to force their way out if they are unhappy with playing situations.

My guess is Trouba has a short list of teams he'd like to be traded to and would sign a fair value long term deal with, those teams probably don't have cap space or aren't willing to pay Chevy's ask. There might be a couple teams that have cap space and would pay the price in trade but upon talking to Overhardt realize that they would just find themselves in Chevy's situation dealing with that headache and don't want to pay a hefty price to deal with that.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
If a trade was going to happen it would of happened at some point this summer. First off there is no way this whole thing is over what side he plays on. I mean you have a 22 year old 1RHD (as Jets fans suggest) arguably the most valuable type of player in the league, he has 4 years left of team control and you let him force his way out because of what side he plays on? I don't buy it, you do everything possible to keep that guy around including trying someone else on the left or trading a guy like Myers. I mean if you don't do that then you're badly mismanaging your team and opening the door for other young players down the line to force their way out if they are unhappy with playing situations.

My guess is Trouba has a short list of teams he'd like to be traded to and would sign a fair value long term deal with, those teams probably don't have cap space or aren't willing to pay Chevy's ask. There might be a couple teams that have cap space and would pay the price in trade but upon talking to Overhardt realize that they would just find themselves in Chevy's situation dealing with that headache and don't want to pay a hefty price to deal with that.

I agree, I don't see it being as simple as what side he plays on. That honestly feels like such an easy thing to fix. If Trouba's camp wants too much money, they're not going to come out and say it publicly. Maybe he wants to play closer to home? A lot of possibilities that it could be, but which side of the ice he plays isn't likely the reason. A sign and trade is definitely the best way to work this out as other GM's will probably be hesitant of giving up assets before dealing with Overhardt.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'd be weary of trading Myers to make room for Trouba because as soon as Myers is gone he'll probably say "LULZ, JK. I just don't want to be in Winnipeg"
He's just saying that position/potential stuff because he wants to save face.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I'd be weary of trading Myers to make room for Trouba because as soon as Myers is gone he'll probably say "LULZ, JK. I just don't want to be in Winnipeg"

It's scary when a Leafs fan who hates Jets knows better than some Jets fans.

Trouba is walking a path of no return. You don't treat him like a piece of your defense, you treat him like a trading asset.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto

If Trouba wanted to not be in Winnipeg he would have told Chevy anyways, but it just wouldn't be publicized.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad