Confirmed with Link: TYLER MOTTE TO NYR

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
i dont love this in that we still have a leshyszyn sized hole on our fourth line.

Gauthier was having himself a pretty good season and seemed to be figuring out how he can use his skillset to be a productive contributor at the nhl level.

I wouldve been over the moon if we still had both but alas.

That being said, I do like that we brought motte back.
The hole would be preferable.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I have no idea why they won’t give this guy a look, I’d be shocked if he’s not better than Leschyshin.

But is Tarasenko washed? Everyone reaches the end of the line eventually.
I don't think he's washed. Last season was the best of his career. Even if he's not living up to that, he didn't fall off a cliff in a matter of months. As for his play here thus far, it's quite clear he's still not comfortable and getting used to his teammates and how they play. Once he's up to speed he's going to be dynamite and add an additional dynamic forward to the mix.

I’m ready to jump on the Kane train. This is 94. Go all in. What’s it going to cost us? Nothing. Is his hip bad? Yes. No doubt. But with a bad hip he’s better than most. I think in NYC going for a Cup on a good team. He’d step up.

Get Kane and it fixes the 4th line at the same time.

I actually think Kane helps the top line more than he helps Panarin. Mika and CK prob could use a pure playmaker.

Kravtsov Jones and a 2nd that becomes a first if we win a Cup. That’s my offer and I wouldn’t lose an ounce of sleep over any of it.

Drury can find a middle team.

Kreider Mika Kane
Panarin Trocheck Tarasenko
Lafreniere Chytil Kakko
Motte Goodrow Vesy

Jesus

And I’ll mention right now we are 4th in the entire nhl. Well most likely have to directly go thru the 3 teams above us to win. And we can absolutely do it. But it’s an arms race right now. Meier will absolutely end up a cane or devil.
I've been thinking the past 48 hours about this and I'm feeling like I agree with you.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
The hole would be preferable.
agreed.

lesh is just terrible. I don't understand why johnny brodz isnt in there.

At least his stick touches the ice a few times a game.

I don't think we would see much of a difference if Lesh played without a stick. I'm also not sure he has touched the puck at any time during his tenure here.

Reactions: TopShelfSnipes

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
If Motte values stability and a winning team he should sign the Vesey extension
There's a good chance he will take something similar. The last offseason must have been stressful for him. Didn't get signed until near the end of the offseason and only to a 1 year deal. I'm sure he'll want some stability this time around. It would be smart of Drury to try getting an extension done ASAP.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
i dont love this in that we still have a leshyszyn sized hole on our fourth line.

Gauthier was having himself a pretty good season and seemed to be figuring out how he can use his skillset to be a productive contributor at the nhl level.

Jimmy Vesey is a good example of a guy being able to adapt his playstyle to fill a necessary role. When he first came into the league he was much more skill focused trying to dangle through 4 people and eventually losing the puck. He would occasionaly hit on one of those moves and the 463279 others that didnt work were immediately forgotten. Hes now a defensively responsible grinder with a better shot and vision than most players in that role. Thats a good player to have, and especially at the price we got him.

Gauthier seems to be on a similar trajectory. His speed is all world but he has no scoring touch to speak of. He was finally learning to be more of a grinder and started to make some noticeable impacts this season. If he could add some more physicality to his game, he would be the perfect depth guy.

I wouldve been over the moon if we still had both but alas.

That being said, I do like that we brought motte back.

How do you figure? What has gauthier showed you that tells you he’s adapted his game like vesey? Who became a stud on the pk and defensively. Gauthier can’t defend can’t penalty kill and has done the same move every night his entire career without scoring. He and vesey are nothing alike.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
How do you figure? What has gauthier showed you that tells you he’s adapted his game like vesey? Who became a stud on the pk and defensively. Gauthier can’t defend can’t penalty kill and has done the same move every night his entire career without scoring. He and vesey are nothing alike.
theyre alike in regards to having to adapt to stick in the NHL Vesey has completed the process and is a valuable NHL player. Gauthier seems to have made strides in this direction this season, but is not a finished product.

IMO Gauthier is trending in the right direction. He is also a guy you give a bit of extra slack to because he has that speed.

Im not saying hes better than Motte, just that I wish we still had both

Reactions: egelband

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
This place is so weird. Almost everyone has wanted Motte to return since the day he signed with Ottawa. Today we get him back, yet everyone is still so bitter toward one another. I guess it's just another divisive segment of the world. I should know better by now.

And this renewed talk of adding Kane is just madness. Even if we forget about the massive overpayment it will take to acquire him, or assets we'll need to send to a 2nd team to eat salary....is the fact that he's both injured & washed, completely lost on you guys?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I’m ready to jump on the Kane train. This is 94. Go all in. What’s it going to cost us? Nothing. Is his hip bad? Yes. No doubt. But with a bad hip he’s better than most. I think in NYC going for a Cup on a good team. He’d step up.

Get Kane and it fixes the 4th line at the same time.

I actually think Kane helps the top line more than he helps Panarin. Mika and CK prob could use a pure playmaker.

Kravtsov Jones and a 2nd that becomes a first if we win a Cup. That’s my offer and I wouldn’t lose an ounce of sleep over any of it.

Drury can find a middle team.

Kreider Mika Kane
Panarin Trocheck Tarasenko
Lafreniere Chytil Kakko
Motte Goodrow Vesy

Jesus

And I’ll mention right now we are 4th in the entire nhl. Well most likely have to directly go thru the 3 teams above us to win. And we can absolutely do it. But it’s an arms race right now. Meier will absolutely end up a cane or devil.
How much of Kane have you watched this season?

Getting Kane isn't a 1994 scenario. It's a 1997-2004 scenario where we pay to get a name that does absolutely nothing for us. Kane needs a walker out there on the ice for that bad hip.

You want a 1994? Sell the farm for Meier or something. Kane is the equivalent of a fart in a hurricane. No one is going to notice.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Avs lack the depth they had last year. Makar taking these hits to the head are also not ideal for them
Yeah but they're still the only above average team in the West and they'll be 12-4 with their feet up waiting for whichever team ran a marathon and killed Zeus to get out of the East.

Reactions: The Gloaming

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
At what exactly? Doesn’t score doesn’t pk doesn’t forecheck doesn’t defend. So what’s he better at exactly? Driving the net and losing the puck?

You guys hear me say this all the time but unless you are a Reaves and those guys are basically extinct your 4th liners in a cap league need to be cheap, can’t get scored on, and most importantly have to kill penalties and be versatile. Ability to play center etc

Your 4th line should essentially be a bunch of effective PKers with one of them having the ability to win face-offs.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
No doubt in my mind that was the best spot for him . Close to his home Province and Ottawa is young and improving and a guy with his size and speed will only make them faster . I'm just glad he is not a Hab today . Watch Tkachuk be a big help to him and inspire him to be more physical.....then they will have something in him .
Always rooted for Goat. And still will. He'll get more PT and guaranteed will be more productive in ways that Ottawa will need.
The bold, should help him in ways that HE never imagined. By that I mean, adding a little bit of a mean streak to his game.
Even Sammy couldn't knock him out of a game, the only one that could do that was himself.
Ironic how we trade two of the largest players on the team, opting for speed and what "fits".
Wishing him nothing but the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad