Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Likely something mental. He's been outspoken about his struggles before... At this point, maybe the Sens are trying to make room for him off the ice. Playing hockey is probably not his future, at this point.

It's a possibility . If this is the case then good for the organization for keeping a lid on it. There can be a lot of pressure on a kid like Boucher; 1st round pick, injuries, poor performance, son of a former NHLer.

Hope he's doing OK whatever's ailing him.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Hope he recovers and get be a part of the 67's. They could use him and he would be part of a positive environment with playoff aspirations.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hope he recovers and get be a part of the 67's. They could use him and he would be part of a positive environment with playoff aspirations.
Belleville has playoff aspirations, top 5 teams in the division make it, and they are currently 5th.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Belleville has playoff aspirations, top 5 teams in the division make it, and they are currently 5th.
But would he be part of it?

With the 67's he will get a lot more ice time and have a lot more personal success.

That said, I am very happy the B-Sens have been able to at least tread water with all the call-ups they have been missing.

I would like them to have a few guys back for a while, settle on some lines and see what they can do.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Yeah, all things considered, if he is able to return to hockey this year, it should be with the 67's.
As mentioned, he would get as much ice time as he can handle and maybe get things back on track. If that goes well and the B-Sens are still tracking for the AHL playoffs, maybe he goes that route come later in the springtime.

Reactions: OD99

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I don’t want him in the CHL, too likely to spend more games suspended than playing.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Does playing in the CHL affect his salary?
good question.

I would go on the side of no if it is ok'd by the player and the team. A contract is a contract regardless of where he plays and the CHL pays next to nothing. He would likely not agree to that kind of move if it affected his pay.

lang006

Jan 2, 2020
The Senators are still waiting for 2021 first-round pick Tyler Boucher to recover after he injured a groin muscle before rookie camp in September. He’s yet to suit up for Belleville this season.

Boucher has been skating, though, and is on the road to recovery. Staios and Belleville GM Ryan Bowness are both hopeful that Boucher will be back soon, but neither has a timetable.

Selected No. 10 overall in the NHL draft, Boucher spent some time in Ottawa this week working with the Senators’ training staff.

[email protected]

Reactions: Icelevel

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
At this point, I am sleeping on Boucher, or just starting to forget about him. It's better that way. If he actually turns it around and becomes a NHL player, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: DueDiligence

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Likely something mental. He's been outspoken about his struggles before... At this point, maybe the Sens are trying to make room for him off the ice. Playing hockey is probably not his future, at this point.

I'm really not sure if he's qualified for any off-ice jobs with the team. Not unless he goes back to school for a few years and gets a degree (or if he was working towards that while playing, I don't know).

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
I remember people defending Boucher’s post-draft production saying his game was “built for the NHL.” Guy couldn’t stay healthy playing a power forward style against teenagers lol, less than 70gp in 3 years is a big yikes

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
His childhood dream was to win the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy, so he is just setting himself up for a landslide victory.

#Boucher2027

• Haha
Reactions: JD1 and Puikiou

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
This guy has vanished off the face of the earth. No longer on the BSens injury report, no updates from the team, nothing new from reporters... his google title now says "Former ice hockey player"

I was thinking the other day and there's a case to be made that this was one of the worst draft selections in NHL history. Many will point to Yakupov/Bruins 2015 but 90% of teams would've taken Yak #1 and Debrusk/Zboril were projected mid/late first by most. (Senyshyn was a brutal pick but #15 is much different than top 10.

This guy was ranked in the 3rd round by many publications and the pick was universally dunked on. His post draft career literally could not be going any worse.

I feel sorry for all the unnecessary attention he's gotten, but this was one of the worst picks in NHL history and you can't convince me otherwise.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This guy has vanished off the face of the earth. No longer on the BSens injury report, no updates from the team, nothing new from reporters... his google title now says "Former ice hockey player"

I was thinking the other day and there's a case to be made that this was one of the worst draft selections in NHL history. Many will point to Yakupov/Bruins 2015 but 90% of teams would've taken Yak #1 and Debrusk/Zboril were projected mid/late first by most. (Senyshyn was a brutal pick but #15 is much different than top 10.

This guy was ranked in the 3rd round by many publications and the pick was universally dunked on. His post draft career literally could not be going any worse.

I feel sorry for all the unnecessary attention he's gotten, but this was one of the worst picks in NHL history and you can't convince me otherwise.
This post and posts like it don’t make you look very good. Just hold off a bit. Why focus on this one player/pick right now?
You actually believe he’s just gone? You don’t think anything is happening behind the scenes?
So because you don’t know what’s going on he’s the worst pick in nhl history? Have you seen him play live? Did you watch him play for team USA(2023)?

Who would you have picked at the time? What are their stats?

I’m just trying to encourage sanity here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dionysus and Codo37

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
This post and posts like it don’t make you look very good. Just hold off a bit. Why focus on this one player/pick right now?
You actually believe he’s just gone? You don’t think anything is happening behind the scenes?
So because you don’t know what’s going on he’s the worst pick in nhl history? Have you seen him play live? Did you watch him play for team USA(2023)?

Who would you have picked at the time? What are their stats?

I’m just trying to encourage sanity here.

I’d have taken Cole Sillinger who has more games played in each of his first two NHL seasons than Boucher has in college and OHL combined since being drafted.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I’d have taken Cole Sillinger who has more games played in each of his first two NHL seasons than Boucher has in college and OHL combined since being drafted.
So while Boucher is still 20 years old this is being categorized as a disaster because cole Sillinger is in the nhl and has 1 goal in 27 games???????

I would have taken Lucius but all I’m saying is hold on here let’s not go crazy. Again he’s 20 years old and hasn’t played yet. Sure the injuries are a problem and might derail his career but we don’t KNOW that yet.

The facts at this point are, he is not a bust and he still has potential to make the team.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
That Swedish goalie was still on the board…our goalie depth is questionable atm
Our backup is ass and we continually try to bring backups as starters. I like our prospects but they need time

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019

Pretty ignorant to award the worst pick in history to someone who has been hampered by injury. If that's fair than Nolan Patrick was obviously a way worse pick than Boucher. End of argument.

But quite obviously the worst picks in history are A- higher than tenth, and B- not affected by an external variable like injury.

Also, not sure how you hold up Yakupov in the same vane as Boucher. Yakupov was a more or less consensus pick who busted whereas the argument for Boucher being the 'worst pick ever' is that he shouldn't have been picked there in the first place. Two different things.

Anyway, back to Nolan Patrick. Feel free to take a crack at why he at #2 was not a worse pick than Boucher at #10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad