Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
It looks like the development path for Boucher is minimally another year on the 67s, and a year in the AHL. So, that's about three years out from now. Given this, I'm not going to get too worked up about what Boucher is or is not at this stage. There's plenty of other things to focus on.
Three years from now, Giroux might retire or sign as a third line option, but if Boucher cooks for 3 years, it'd be cool to see him make the big club as a big bruising presence on Stu's wing

Reactions: aragorn

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
What's the deal with his injury? Haven't heard anything on it.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What's the deal with his injury? Haven't heard anything on it.
Minor "upper body injury", and apparently is "day to day". I never take team's word for anything on injuries, though - Cam Talbot was also "day to day", until suddenly he wasn't anymore.

That's other thing Boucher needs to do - stay healthy. I know it's a bit unfair as injuries can be random, but sometimes the best ability is availability. As I heard an NFL analyst say once, "The thing about guys who get hurt a lot is that they seem to get hurt a lot." ;-)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Honest question. Do you really think people dislike Brannstrom due to his size ? I mean, that’s nuts. I can’t imagine any Sens fan wanting Brannstrom to bust, it doesn’t make sense.
If it doesn't align with his opinion... Yes. He loves small players he is the anti Aragorn. It's all about balance.

Reactions: GCK and Loach

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Love seeing a start like this for Boucher. I hope he dominates and continues to develop what offensive instincts he has. No rush to play him in the big club and giving a prospect a chance to dominate and be relied upon in so many situations will help his development trajectory

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Love seeing a start like this for Boucher. I hope he dominates and continues to develop what offensive instincts he has. No rush to play him in the big club and giving a prospect a chance to dominate and be relied upon in so many situations will help his development trajectory

This is how I feel about him.

The fanbase needs to stop being negative on this guy. Should we be pissed off at management for picking him at 10th? Absolutely!

BUT. This guy shows potential to be a NHL player. He is heavy, he hits, he can skate, he can shoot and most importantly he competes. I can see him being a Colin Greening type player but with an actual edge that keeps him in the league.

Keeping that in mind I am fine using the guy as a trade piece to upgrade our roster if he starts showing some more shine in the OHL/WJC this year.

Reactions: Cosmix and bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
BUT. This guy shows potential to be a NHL player. He is heavy, he hits, he can skate, he can shoot and most importantly he competes. I can see him being a Colin Greening type player but with an actual edge that keeps him in the league.
Greening was so damn frustrating to watch. I forgot he existed until you just brought him up. Dude was an absolute gymrat, but none of it translated on ice. He was hard to knock off the puck physically, but you could just stick check the puck away from him.

Having a player with the tools of Greening but knowing how to actually use them? Oh lawd, please make Boucher into that

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Greening was so damn frustrating to watch. I forgot he existed until you just brought him up. Dude was an absolute gymrat, but none of it translated on ice. He was hard to knock off the puck physically, but you could just stick check the puck away from him.

Having a player with the tools of Greening but knowing how to actually use them? Oh lawd, please make Boucher into that

Greening was an awesome athlete and student. His physical tools were impressive and his speed was really underrated. He had everything to succeed but his passing game and puck control was significantly below NHL average

Funny thing is Josh Anderson is actually Colin Greening with a better shot.

But seriously, if Boucher can become a Josh A, we'll take it. Just be careful to not overpay him for too long

Reactions: bicboi64

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario

Yes, he's only 19 years old. Batherson and Norris didn't even start making an impact until they were 21ish. A dominant season in the OHL this year followed by a year in Belleville should give him the opportunity he needs to develop.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Three years from now, Giroux might retire or sign as a third line option, but if Boucher cooks for 3 years, it'd be cool to see him make the big club as a big bruising presence on Stu's wing
More likely Kastelic's wing.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yes, he's only 19 years old. Batherson and Norris didn't even start making an impact until they were 21ish. A dominant season in the OHL this year followed by a year in Belleville should give him the opportunity he needs to develop.
Through 6 games Boucher is not dominant. I’ll be patient, but let’s not fool ourselves into thinking he’s been one of the top 3 forwards on his team.

Reactions: Cosmix and Larionov

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Through 6 games Boucher is not dominant. I’ll be patient, but let’s not fool ourselves into thinking he’s been one of the top 3 forwards on his team.

Im waiting to see if he heats up. Defs not dominant yet, but he does have the third highest ppg pace amongst his team.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Im waiting to see if he heats up. Defs not dominant yet, but he does have the third highest ppg pace amongst his team.
Beck, Pinelli and Rohrer have been the best forwards with Stonehouse as an HM but he’s more of a pest. I’m really impressed with Bruce Gardiner’s kid as a 17 year old rookie.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Boucher is picking up points on a 6-0 team, but as others have said he hardly looks dominant to date. It's a long season, though - the key for him will be to pick it up in the playoffs when it matters for his team. His game should be well suited to playoff hockey.

Shorter term, what interests me is to see if he gets picked up to be on Team USA at the World Juniors, and if so how he looks when he gets there...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I dunno that team is firing on all cylinders right now and Tyler isn't the one leading the charge so I'll need to see more to start getting excited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad