Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It would have been nice to see a video clip of this.

On the Wally and Methot show, Brent Wallace did mention that Karlsson was skating with these Ottawa players. They have a pretty good group there.

Zub is also out there and now they got DeBrincat with them as well.

DeBrincat looks like his helmet doesn't fit.

Ya, I'd like to see the Boucher move on EK. Slick move? Slack EK?

In the Wally and Methot show, Boucher mentioned how he weighed himself at the end of last season and he was down around 193 lbs. That with being healthy and able to train properly this offseason that he is up around 208-209 lbs.

He mentioned that he prefers to play at over 200 lbs and didn't feel as strong when he was down around 194-195 lbs, which seemed to be most of last season. He also mentioned that the heaviest he weighed this offseason was 215 lbs but he didn't feel as quick as he would like so now he is down around 208-209 lbs.

It will be interesting to see how he looks in the prospects tournament and preseason games now that he is at a more optimal weight.
Is it common for junior aged players to be skating with NHLers is the summer like this?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Is it common for junior aged players to be skating with NHLers is the summer like this?
Yep, if in the city.
Zub has been out there all summer, along with Zaitsev.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

I'm not sure how common it is. I think well connected junior aged players will look to get an opportunity to practice with established pros but they likely need to demonstrate a certain level of skill and professionalism to stick around. I remember prior to the 2021 draft it was reported that Mason McTavish took part in informal skates with Giroux because he is from Ottawa and Giroux had positive things to say about him.

Boucher and Sanderson have been training with the Senators development staff all offseason. Greig was there as well but left for the WJC tournament. He is likely back now but doing rehab for his shoulder. I'm not sure when these informal skate sessions started up but it seems like at least the last week or so.

From what I have seen online this group includes Erik Karlsson, Nick Paul, JG Pageau, Mackenzie Weager, Andreas Athanasiou, Mason McTavish, Cody Ceci, Calvin DeHaan and then various of the current Sens guys like Jake Sanderson, Tyler Boucher, Artem Zub, Austin Watson and now more recently Alex DeBrincat and possibly Claudee Giroux. Boucher and Sanderson mentioned they played against Giroux so I'm guessing it was part of this scrimmage. Apparently Shane Pinto is back in Ottawa and will likely be skating with these guys soon.

In Dorion's last interview he mentioned that the entire roster is expected to be in Ottawa just after labor day so they will skate for two weeks together just before training camp starts. I would guess that Boucher, Sanderson and Pinto will likely be joining them. Sokolov is also expected to be in Ottawa between the 7th to the 10th so he will likely be skating with them as well. I'm not sure what other prospects will be there, but maybe a lot of bubble guys will want to be in Ottawa early.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That’s quite the posse for ottberia ;)

Well… all of those players play here … and EK’s Childs grandparents live here… what else would you expect other than a little summer visit to his wife’s home town. FYI … it’s Probably warmer in Ottberia today than SJ.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yup pretty normal if they are elite jr level players.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Of course it is - the guys a D+2 first round pick skating in his team’s practice rink.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I'm not sure how common it is. I think well connected junior aged players will look to get an opportunity to practice with established pros but they likely need to demonstrate a certain level of skill and professionalism to stick around. I remember prior to the 2021 draft it was reported that Mason McTavish took part in informal skates with Giroux because he is from Ottawa and Giroux had positive things to say about him.

Boucher and Sanderson have been training with the Senators development staff all offseason. Greig was there as well but left for the WJC tournament. He is likely back now but doing rehab for his shoulder. I'm not sure when these informal skate sessions started up but it seems like at least the last week or so.

From what I have seen online this group includes Erik Karlsson, Nick Paul, JG Pageau, Mackenzie Weager, Andreas Athanasiou, Mason McTavish, Cody Ceci, Calvin DeHaan and then various of the current Sens guys like Jake Sanderson, Tyler Boucher, Artem Zub, Austin Watson and now more recently Alex DeBrincat and possibly Claudee Giroux. Boucher and Sanderson mentioned they played against Giroux so I'm guessing it was part of this scrimmage. Apparently Shane Pinto is back in Ottawa and will likely be skating with these guys soon.

In Dorion's last interview he mentioned that the entire roster is expected to be in Ottawa just after labor day so they will skate for two weeks together just before training camp starts. I would guess that Boucher, Sanderson and Pinto will likely be joining them. Sokolov is also expected to be in Ottawa between the 7th to the 10th so he will likely be skating with them as well. I'm not sure what other prospects will be there, but maybe a lot of bubble guys will want to be in Ottawa early.
Boucher and Sanderson and Greig havre all been skating with them, they said so last week on a podcast.
They’re all roommates and trained here all summer

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
I recall that Kessel was walking NHL players as a HS sophomore/ junior in the summer.

If Sanderson is who we think he is, he's probably got the summer NHLers talking. In fact, if there's no buzz, he might not be what we think.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Surprised Paul skates in Ottawa in the summer and not the GTA. Guess he still probably has a house here.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Well, everyone "just made a nice move around Erik Karlsson and then went top shelf on" insert goalie lol

Right from the man himself.

I htink Talbot may be moving into his place as I know he is in that are awhere Paul is, as is Josh Norris,

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Some behind the scenes content of Boucher and the 67's during the playoffs. High quality production and good content.

Reactions: Icelevel

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I was at the red vs black game today. Yes that was a booming check! Boom! ( insert John Madden voice).
Also impressed with Matier the big defenceman.

Last edited:

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
A little lackluster performance by Boucher. Especially physically, isn't he supposed to be a physical force out there?

Ad

Ad

Ad