Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Didn't Greig catch COVID?

Yes - the 18 year old got Covid and very little symptoms two months before the tourney. He was getting cut regardless if he had Covid or not. Take a look at that roster - who do you think he was beating out in 2020? The only 18 year old F’s they had were like Byfield/Laf.

Nearly every Senator got Covid - he didn’t get cut cause he got Covid in November. If his. And was Laf it’s wouldn’t have mattered.

Reactions: SevenOfSpades

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Yes - the 18 year old got Covid and very little symptoms two months before the tourney. He was getting cut regardless if he had Covid or not. Take a look at that roster - who do you think he was beating out in 2020? The only 18 year old F’s they had were like Byfield/Laf.

Nearly every Senator got Covid - he didn’t get cut cause he got Covid in November. If his. And was Laf it’s wouldn’t have mattered.

Okay, taking COVID out of it, a D+1 Ridly Greig was unable to crack a stacked Team Canada roster. It sounds like they had two forwards from his draft class, who were drafted first and second overall. Correct me if I'm wrong.

D+1 Tyler Boucher could not crack an average (?) team USA roster that currently is carrying 6 forwards from his draft class, all of whom were drafted after him.

These are not comparable situations IMO.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Okay, taking COVID out of it, a D+1 Ridly Greig was unable to crack a stacked Team Canada roster. It sounds like they had two forwards from his draft class, who were drafted first and second overall. Correct me if I'm wrong.

D+1 Tyler Boucher could not crack an average (?) team USA roster that currently is carrying 6 forwards from his draft class, all of whom were drafted after him.

These are not comparable situations IMO.

Yes - that’s comparable - we don’t really know if Ridley makes the 2021 US team … my sense is he doesn’t.

A lot of these players outside the elite players get scheduled to attend a camp well before they make one. Especially when they are really young. It’s a U20 tourney - not a 18.1 year old tourney. There is a good chance Boucher makes the 2023 USA team and we will get to see what type of impact he can have. He’s the type that makes it in his final year …

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm going to assume Tyler Boucher plays a full season for the 67's.

Does he take his 200 foot game to another level?

Does he go a point a game?
I am hoping he does. They're going to be a way better team than last year, he is going to get alot of opportunity. I think we will have a way better idea of how he is trending with a full consistent year in Ottawa. Hopefully he stays healthy.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011

I'll go with no and yes. With the no being because of the yes.

I see no reason to think he will not be top line and top line minutes and will not really have to use his 200 foot game as often. And with those opportunities, I'd expect him to score at a ppg clip.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A point a game should be the minimum expected. He will be a 19 year old (20 in January) playing first line minutes on a team that should be pretty competitive. (67's should at least win a round in the playoffs, hopefully two.) He should be a guy who plays in all situations, including three on three, and he should both make Team USA's roster for the December WJC and be a strong contributor.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yes and was sent home due to complications breathing from Covid. He wasn't cut as in not good enough to make the roster. Any one comparing his situation to Boucher's is out to lunch. We will see in December if Boucher makes the US team which he has a decent chance to do and how he does in the tournament
I hope he scores at will in the OHL and forces his way onto the Canadian Junior team and becomes a star in the process.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Yes and was sent home due to complications breathing from Covid. He wasn't cut as in not good enough to make the roster. Any one comparing his situation to Boucher's is out to lunch. We will see in December if Boucher makes the US team which he has a decent chance to do and how he does in the tournament

This is so wrong. He was one of the final invites and he was cut. Every player who doesn’t make the team is cut.

That team had 1-2 18 year old forwards. They were Laf and Byfield.

Why don’t you take a look at that 2020 roster and tell me who you think he was going to make it over. Keep in mind tryouts were long before the event. Tonnes of players had Covid and returned to play within that timeframe in junior hockey, nhl, AHL etc.

Ridley Greig is a great prospect but he was not making that 2020 team. The only reason to pretend he was is to keep the last threads of “I’m smarter than Dorion” alive with a bad the idea that Boucher is a terrible pick.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Greig still produced like a 1st rounder elsewhere.

I assume you mean his point totals - every comment I read here is worrying about the guy getting a PPG in junior. I understand the significance but we need to stop evaluating the guy on just goals
And assists. His own dad thinks he could be a 20/20 guy.

He probably ends up a 16-13 guy and if he develops his physicality there will be nothing wrong with that.

I’m stung they we were a few stupid loses away from Mactavish or whatever. Where are all the people who insisted those few 2021 wins would be great for this teams identify?

What’s great for this teams identity is developing players like Stutzle and signing players like Cat and Giroux.

Last edited:

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I assume you mean his point totals - every comment I read here is worrying about the guy getting a PPG in junior. I understand the significance but we need to stop evaluating the guy on goals

He probably ends up a 16-13 guy and if he develops his physicality there will be nothing wrong with that.

I’m stung they we were a few stupid loses away from Mactavish or whatever. Where are all the people who insisted those few 2021 wins would be great for this teams identify?
Why are you acting like Sillinger wasn’t right there?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Why are you acting like Sillinger wasn’t right there?

I Dont like the press clipping on Silinger - never watched him play pre draft beyond a few short clips- but his pre draft report read like a PP3 guy to me on this team.

Even know he would be miscast as a 3RW and he’s not good enough to avoid trading for CAT.

This team is really really soft. 1000 minor hits mean nothing until there is some power behind them. The Sens need some power bodies more than they need a PP2 guy. Maybe Silinger develops that part of his game but I don’t think the Sens thought it was reliable enough to count on. There will be lots of better players taken after Silinger too.

Last edited:

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I Dont like the press clipping on Silinger - never watched him play pre draft beyond a few short clips- but his pre draft report read like a PP3 guy to me on this team.

Even know he would be miscast as a 3RW and he’s not good enough to avoid trading for CAT.

This team is really really soft. 1000 minor hits mean nothing until there is some power behind them. The Sens need some power bodies more than they need a PP2 guy. Maybe Silinger develops that part of his game but I don’t think the Sens thought it was reliable enough to count on. There will be lots of better players taken after Silinger too.
If this team had Sillinger in the prospect pool, the search for that top 4 D would probably be done. Good prospects are assets too.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If this team had Sillinger in the prospect pool, the search for that top 4 D would probably be done. Good prospects are assets too.

That could be the case - We would also have no elite 3rd line players in our system.

I’ve read here for years that guys like Colin White or Formenton or even Connor Brown are great two way 3rd line type players. The reality is they are not great defensive players suited to win 4 sets of consecutive playoff series. They don’t intimidate or slant any ice. They don’t hit anyone or make the opposition play scared. They skate fast and poke the odd puck lose.

The Sens are trying to find that guy. They won’t get it by converting Silinger, Sokolov, Joseph or Giroux or whoever into that type of player. They need that player now. They don’t need Silinger.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I assume you mean his point totals - every comment I read here is worrying about the guy getting a PPG in junior. I understand the significance but we need to stop evaluating the guy on just goals

What’s great for this teams identity is developing players like Stutzle and signing players like Cat and Giroux.
“He probably ends up a 16-13 guy” is far and away the most precise points prediction I’ve ever seen.

• Haha
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Don’t think it matters much. He’ll be improved from last year. That’s all he needs to do.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
“He probably ends up a 16-13 guy” is far and away the most precise points prediction I’ve ever seen.

Really … ? if you had to come up with a G/A prediction for a player who may score less than 20 and have less assists than goals what type of number would you come up with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad