Value of: Tyler Bertuzzi at TDL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
Damn, $5.5M is a lot of money for Toronto for 4-7 games!

But seriously, if this year is any indicator, Bertuzzi fits Boston's team identity way better than Toronto's. I actually thought Boston was the perfect fit for Bert.
Yes, because Boston is coached better and actually knows their identity.

It's painfully clear, Tre made some terrible signings trying to do in the off season what Dubas tried ecery trade deadline. Adding grit and leadership to this team. Unfortunately, grit and leadership is all in the bottom 6 and bottom pairing. The Leafs will continue to be a team in futility until they reralize, every cup contender has grit, leadership AND skill in their top players. Hard to lead from the back of the line.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I'd offer Alex Iafallo. Leafs retain about a million so that it is a cap neutral transaction for both teams.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
He’s got full move though. On a one year deal that probably means he didn’t want to be traded and most likely won’t waive.
He wants to earn another contract and to maximize the value on it.
He likely doesn’t accept a trade to a team that is clearly out of the playoffs but I do t see why he would reject a trade to another playoff team.
He knows it isn’t going great here. I’m sure he would welcome a change of scenery if it was a good situation he was moving into.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I'd offer Alex Iafallo. Leafs retain about a million so that it is a cap neutral transaction for both teams.
I always considered Iafallo as a Kerfoot clone.

Kerfoot and Bertuzzi have had about the same impact on the Leafs so I’d say it’s about right. Just don’t see it happening though.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Clearly isn't working out in Toronto. Taking space in the line-up over some young guns who deserve the opportunity.

Does he have any value going into TDL if Toronto decides to move on?

What TOR youngsters are coming into the lineup that will put up .5 ppg while providing some grit? Bert is not having a good season, but the Leafs have no youth that is ready to take his spot.

Reactions: Hobnobs

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
What TOR youngsters are coming into the lineup that will put up .5 ppg while providing some grit? Bert is not having a good season, but the Leafs have no youth that is ready to take his spot.

Yeah, thats the weirdest part of the reasoning here. Maybe OP is a firm believer in the high qualities of Voit :laugh:

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012

Crazy incorrect considering Robertson has been sitting most of the games these past two weeks, holmberg has 8pts in 20 games with limited ice time, and we have guys in the AHL that absolutely deserve a chance, i.e. alex steeves, 24 yo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad