OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Anyone see Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare?
Read the book. Good book. Have not seen the movie.

'The Iron Claw'. Watched this today. Jesus.....just absolutely brutal. Glad to see David VonErich/Adkisson is doing okay though.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
It gets better
I'm sure....my initial problem was that I was reading the comics when I started the series.....and the plot lines go in different directions about halfway thru episode 1. Fortunately, a friend told me I didn't have to. However, reading the comics I did gave me a better understanding of the characters in the show.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Just finishing up season 2 of The Boys -- this is some weird shit!!! Can't wait to get back to the comics to see where they head as the show went off on a tangent after book 5.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Saw Horizon in the Theatre last night. Costner did a good job with it.

Cinematograghy was excellent.

Storyline was solid but a lot of moving parts. Can get a little confusing. Would almost be better with subtitles, when it comes to HBO or Netflix or whatever.

Seems like an accurate account of life in those days. Some hard living.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I went to see Quiet Place on the big screen. There were scenes that deserved to be seen on the big screen, but the story is mostly isolated and compact around Lupita Nyong'o. It was surprisingly decent as I didn't have a lot of expectations going in, as the franchise moves away from the original family story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad