Value of: Turcotte to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Always been a big fan of his game and the need for a center is obvious. The Kings are loaded with centers and have: Kupari, Byfield, Danault, Kopitar isn't slowing down, Vilardi, Akil Thomas, and Tyler Madden.

Does Kravtsov + Zac Jones get it done or would it cost more?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Always been a big fan of his game and the need for a center is obvious. The Kings are loaded with centers and have: Kupari, Byfield, Danault, Kopitar isn't slowing down, Vilardi, Akil Thomas, and Tyler Madden.

too much but there's room to tweak...

Reactions: HyperX

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

I wouldn't think this is even close.

Reactions: wetcoast

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
What about a deal around Lindgren?

He’s on the NYR top pair and they are trying to start competing so that’s a no.

I’d love to add Turcotte, but I don’t see a trade that makes sense for both parties. The NYR aren’t likely to trade off their roster, and LA doesn’t want to hear an offer of 2-3 lesser assets for Turcotte. Maybe Kupari in some kind of smaller deal if anything - haven’t really kept up on him but he seemed like the repetitive piece.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
With the logjam building It’s becoming more and more clear that one of Vilardi/Kupari are going to be shipped out, and the other is going to have to switch to wing, at the least.

Turcotte & Byfield are both somewhat separated from the rest of the center prospects, and rightfully so.

KingKempe9

Feb 18, 2019
I would trade Kupari and/or Madden for an offensive D man, Tough power forward or sniper. Would only consider trading Turcotte by adding to him for a star. Kings would be a good trade partner for a team that can afford to give up a star player because they need depth.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
how is the scoring on the wings for the kings . if their still shopping for a scoring winger would something around toffoli plus work for turcotte ?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Rob Blake wont move Turcotte for Jack Eichel, And you honestly think he's moving him for that?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
how is the scoring on the wings for the kings . if their still shopping for a scoring winger would something around toffoli plus work for turcotte ?
Tyler Toffoli does not fetch a prospect like Turcotte. That plus would have to be huge. And with that being said, no one ever trades their prospects for packages. Prospects are usually either kept until people know what they have in them, or packaged for a bigger player.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Until we see what we got in him at a nhl level for at least 2 season Turcotte is going no where Check back in 3 year or so We can have discussions then but not till the king know what kinda player he is

Reactions: kinghock

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

The Kings have around zero interest in Zac Jones which leaves Kravtsov.
So Madden for Kravtsov is something i would consider

I guess another team who needs Kravtsov AND Jones would make a better offer

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

I don't think there is interest at all in bringing Toffoli back, regardless which prospect.

I would consider Iafallo for Toffoli though

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I’d kindly ask you to reconsider that.

I really want to learn what people see in Iafallo.

The point of hockey is to score more goals than the opponents (or get less back)

We developed an identity here, where workhorses locker room guys are valued above everything else.
We are also at the bottom of the league since we play workhorses and locker room guys on out top lines.

This guy has been on the top line, playing top minutes for more than 3 years and his career best is 19 goals.
Sometimes hard work isn't enough, that is what 4th lines are for.
He has never created anything on his own or showed something remarkable at crunch time.

Of course this has nothing to do with Iafallo as a player, this is a management and coaching issue
but celebrating those Iafallo's or Kempe's as essential is far beyond me.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I really want to learn what people see in Iafallo.

The point of hockey is to score more goals than the opponents (or get less back)

We developed an identity here, where workhorses locker room guys are valued above everything else.
We are also at the bottom of the league since we play workhorses and locker room guys on out top lines.

This guy has been on the top line, playing top minutes for more than 3 years and his career best is 19 goals.
Sometimes hard work isn't enough, that is what 4th lines are for.
He has never created anything on his own or showed something remarkable at crunch time.

Of course this has nothing to do with Iafallo as a player, this is a management and coaching issue
but celebrating those Iafallo's or Kempe's as essential is far beyond me.
The kings won cups with Justin Williams occupying the 1LW slot, scoring 19 goals over 82 games. So there is that.

Hockey isn’t a stat-driven sport, there is a hell of a lot more to winning than cherry picking back door chances while your line-mates do the work.

Putting Alex and Adrian in the same class is laughable. Iafallo is a bona-fide top six play driver.

Reactions: go4hockey

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I've always thought the Rangers/Kings were natural trading partners.

Kings are stacked with centers prospects and the Rangers have multiple prospects that project to be top 4 dmen. Seems like a win-win trade could be found imo

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I've always thought the Rangers/Kings were natural trading partners.

Kings are stacked with centers prospects and the Rangers have multiple prospects that project to be top 4 dmen. Seems like a win-win trade could be found imo

The thing is, the Rangers don't really have anyone the Kings want in a 1 for 1. Its always the Rangers asking for one of the Kings C's and offering a package of lesser pieces, and thats putting it nicely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad