TSN McKenzie's Top 15 Rankings, NHL Draft Lottery Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Big and muscular NHL'ers are rare.

Most guys I see are so dang thin lol. When I saw mark stone in gym clothes last week I was in shock lol.

I think folks ITT confusing strength for bulk
I’m thin and 6’0’’ 190lbs. Nhlers average my size, which always shocks me. Definitely stronger than me though!

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I’m thin and 6’0’’ 190lbs. Nhlers average my size, which always shocks me. Definitely stronger than me though!

Paulo Costa - 6' 1" 185 lbs lol.

Costa.jpg

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
The #1 oa lottery is fun, but I think the 2nd oa pick might be more interesting. There were only 3 players that got 2nd oa pick grades from the 10 scouts. Demidov got 50% of the votes (injured, but his agent said he doesn't require any surgery and should be fine for the combine), Levshunov got 30%, and Silayev 20%. So for whoever wins the other lottery, that's who it's between

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Don’t those guys lose like 20-30 lbs of water weight prior to weigh-ins?
Ya that's the point lol. He's 185 there and still looks jacked out of his mind.

Think Costa walking around is probably 225-230. He missed weight by 10 pounds one time, which is pretty awful by UFC standards.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Yeah they've got so little bodyfat I've noticed. It's also hard to visually see their strength since so much of their training is mostly lowerbody-centric.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
His size isn't "slightly mediocre". He's pretty far below average, both in height and even more so in weight. May be real concerns that he has the type of slight frame that just won't ever be able to add much helpful mass. Too skilled to be passed up for too long though.
5f11/170 is far below average to you for a prospect? He can easily be projected at 6f/190 in 3yrs from now which is pretty close to the mean IMO.

I hope that if Habs project his skillset as elite, they won't pass on him because of his size because it's not really a concern to me.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I rarely think NHLers look "thin", only a few here and there. I think that word might mean different things to different people. If you live on the coast or in Europe, thin is something different than if you live in the American heartland.

I would say none of the triplets here look thin. Smith has an average athletic build, Marchessault is a brick shithouse, and Wild Bill is somewhere in between.

5f11/170 is far below average to you for a prospect? He can easily be projected at 6f/190 in 3yrs from now which is pretty close to the mean IMO.

I hope that if Habs project his skillset as elite, they won't pass on him because of his size because it's not really a concern to me.

Most prospects are done getting taller at 17, we've got to stop folks just adding inches like this.

And Catton's ability to put on good athletic muscle that won't slow him down isn't something that we know a lot about. It varies player to player. Some can only put on a little, some a lot. There are some NHLers that are thin and for some of them it hinders their upside or makes them prone to injury.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

I really like Catton but it’s pretty undeniable his size is the main thing in the negative column for him.

Additionally, there’s no guarantee 17/18 year olds are going to get any taller. And I’ll be interested in exactly what he measures in at at the Combine. I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes in a touch under 5’11”.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Putting on 20lbs is not an easy projection lol.

He's also 5'10", not 5'11".

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
NHL teams are so dumb if Catton falls out of the top 10.
Hockey prospects radio Sunday morning they were saying Catton's motor is a concern. At one point they compared Luchanko, Helenius and Catton and they said that Catton only goes all out when he knows he will get the puck, the concern was his compete level. He had the lowest floor of the 3 players. They compared Luchanko to Trocheck. They thought that Luchanko has the highest probability to hit his ceiling.

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
Prediction: Demidov drops to 5th.
I’m curious to hear Anaheim, Columbus & Chicago fans, but wouldn’t they all likely look into a defenceman?

• Haha
Reactions: xigon

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Prediction: Demidov drops to 5th.
I’m curious to hear Anaheim, Columbus & Chicago fans, but wouldn’t they all likely look into a defenceman?
Anaheim fan here and my preference is either Russian but would prefer Demidov as I see him easily as the 2nd best prospect in this draft. A bunch of Ducks fans do wish for a defenseman though.

Reactions: Souker

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
Anaheim fan here and my preference is either Russian but would prefer Demidov as I see him easily as the 2nd best prospect in this draft. A bunch of Ducks fans do wish for a defenseman though.
Makes sense. Of the 3 teams I named, I would be most shocked if you guys didn’t draft a D.

Columbus and Chicago fans?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Montreal will draft Lindstrom if he's available. If not, either Iginla or Sennecke imo. I don't see a scenario where Demidov falls to 5th

Reactions: 74 others

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Demidov’s agent has said that he wants to come over to NA once his contract expires next year. I don’t see him falling like Michkov did. He should be the pick for Chicago

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I can see Blackhawks, Ducks and CBJ going D.

Montreal will take Lindstrom, Flames will take Iginla if he's there. I think Seattle, Ottawa and Buffalo prioritize defense. Eiserman goes to NJ

Reactions: Blueswin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad