TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I’m guessing that you’re completely hooked on 91.9 FM? I am. Only things I will listen to on 690 are Melnick’s guests like Brunt, Aaron Ward, McGuire, TSN TV broadcasters.

BPM’s programming has made leaps and bounds — there are wall to wall goodies, great guests, lots of good camaraderie and info blended together, original takes — I haven’t had this level of entertainment on Montreal sports radio in eons.

690’s standards have so precipitously eroded esp. with any shows that precede Melnick. Sean Campbell in particular with his constant name and place dropping as if he were some kind of celebrity, is truly irksome. Gallo is bearable without him but put them together and it’s just annoying. Thank goodness for options.

Yes it's BPM Sports for me, too. They do have great chemistry and are entertaining. They'll go into laughing fits you can't help but laugh along. Gilbert Delorme is the funniest guy there. They have great guests, great hosts and teams.

They have really improved the station. And you can tell their budget has grown and their production shows it.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Yes it's BPM Sports for me, too. They do have great chemistry and are entertaining. They'll go into laughing fits you can't help but laugh along. Gilbert Delorme is the funniest guy there. They have great guests, great hosts and teams.

They have really improved the station. And you can tell their budget has grown and their production shows it.
same here, its BPM Sports for me all day long.

Gilbert is hilarious.

I love when Gonzo and Georges have Eric Fichaud on, he absolutely cracks me up, especially when he goes on about Josh Anderson, his hit yesterday about Anderson had Laraque laughing hysterically.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Funny enough, I just happened to tune into 91.9 (BPM Sports) about 2 weeks ago, and I don't think i've turned it back to Team 690 since. I've been listening to Team 690 for 15 years. Maybe i'll go back at one point, but BPM Sports has me hooked at the moment.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Louis Jean doing a post-game call-in show on 98.5 FM. He’s on now, probably til midnight. Meantime, TSN690 who is supposed to be specialized in sports, pulled the plug on its post game show at 11 PM.

Don’t know how permanent Louis Jean’s gig is. He sounds as composed and self-assured as when he was a TV pundit.

Mario Langue-sale is doing the post-game weekday shows, which fall right into his regular time slot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad