TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m stuck at work tonight so listening on the radio for the first time in a long time

Sean Campbell is doing play by play

Sean Campbell should never do play by play again, this is awful.

Broadcasting standards at 690 keeping hitting new lows.

All of this happening under Melnick's watch, he's such a poor judge of talent it ain't funny.

Reactions: Corson27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If you thought the Habs presented a diluted product with their AHLers dominating the lineup, imagine 690 resorting to Joey Alfieri and Moe Khan to host a show.

Alfieri with untenable positions that he’s either pushing to draw audience reactions or that are just plain dumb and he can’t tell the difference.

Khan is more knowledgeable than Alfieri (although the bar is quite low) but he has an annoying speech impediment where he warbles or rushes words to such an extent that it makes your brain fry while trying to fill the gaps and make sense of what he’s trying to say.

A damn clown show to close the year, from a clown station.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
If you thought the Habs presented a diluted product with their AHLers dominating the lineup, imagine 690 resorting to Joey Alfieri and Moe Khan to host a show.

Alfieri with untenable positions that he’s either pushing to draw audience reactions or that are just plain dumb and he can’t tell the difference.

Khan is more knowledgeable than Alfieri (although the bar is quite low) but he has an annoying speech impediment where he warbles or rushes words to such an extent that it makes your brain fry while trying to fill the gaps and make sense of what he’s trying to say.

tony loves bagels though

Reactions: Runner77

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal

alfieri annoys me

moe doesn’t come across well on the radio I agree, he is a friend of mine, off the radio he is very knowledgeable, especially when it comes to football. Be it NFL or NCAA

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
alfieri annoys me

moe doesn’t come across well on the radio I agree, he is a friend of mine, off the radio he is very knowledgeable, especially when it comes to football. Be it NFL or NCAA

I think Khan is a nice guy and well informed. I know it’s not his fault that he has enunciation difficulties. However, a medium that is focused solely on audio will expose him badly and is unforgiving.

Has he considered plying his talents as a writer, instead? I think he’d have a lot more to offer in that role.

If only Alfieri were half as smart as Khan, he might actually be more bearable.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
It’s a testament to his knowledge that he’s made it as far as he has in the industry despite his struggles. Super nice guy and super well informed. Just not smooth on the air.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Marinaro will never lose his job just because he's able to blabber alone for 2 hours every day.

He's extremely profitable! :laugh:

All the other segments need 2 or even 3 people at the same time.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
I’m stuck at work tonight so listening on the radio for the first time in a long time

What I don’t understand is why his fingers are in every pie. Why does TSN690 have him hosting multiple shows during the day - his voice makes my ears bleed; and even if that was not the case, who wants to listen to the same guy blithering throughout the day. I’ve listen to his peers praise him for all the time he spends at the station . Sean spend less time at 690, and way more time with your kids, PLEASE.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Broadcasting standards at 690 keeping hitting new lows.

All of this happening under Melnick's watch, he's such a poor judge of talent it ain't funny.
At least they booted out Moffat with his SCAHHHHHHH goal call…..I can say with great confidence that he was the most horrid of horrid PBP guys I’ve EVER heard in my life….he was even worst then Dean Brown, and Dean Brown is atrociously PATHETIC

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Never understood then hype for Hughson. I always thought he was awful.
He was top 3 in the bunch they have…..I didn’t mind him, but as someone who is in their late 40’s, I’ve had the pleasure of listening to Bob Cole, and Dick Irving Jr, and Richard Garneau and Gilles Tremblay…..been so spoiled, it’s a lost cause for anyone coming up the ranks in PBP, you will always be compared to these legends and will never live up!!

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
He was top 3 in the bunch they have…..I didn’t mind him, but as someone who is in their late 40’s, I’ve had the pleasure of listening to Bob Cole, and Dick Irving Jr, and Richard Garneau and Gilles Tremblay…..been so spoiled, it’s a lost cause for anyone coming up the ranks in PBP, you will always be compared to these legends and will never live up!!

Chris Cuthbert is the best. He was around at the same time. There is no comparison between the two.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

And you wanna know the worst part? He has improved from when he first started.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just when you thought that Simon Tsakilis couldn’t make himself sound more corny, his creepy commercials for the realtor outfit he works for, keep exposing him as an unsophisticated peddler.

He used to offer free coffee when you booked a consultation with him. Now he brags about the few homes he’s sold above asking. In his latest 690 ad, he gloats about a house he sold in “Mirabull”. :laugh:

For the longest time, he used to say “nip it in the butt”, and got shamed for it by various pundits at the station. His latest annoying mannerism has him saying “this is Simon Tsakilis at ah-TSN 690.”

Keep talking faster, Simon — maybe that superfluous and annoying “ah” might get squeezed out.

Last edited:

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
How or why is Shawn Starr still on the radio?

what does he bring the the air waves?

I really need to know because he has become #1 on my shit list and that is hard as hell to do when you employ a dumbass like Gallo

Reactions: Corson27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad