TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

sj315

Dec 5, 2017
Tony Mariano made me laugh so hard this morning, about the mice in his house found bored to dead because watched Habs games.

Reactions: angusyoung

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Listened for awhile yesterday and heard Mitch Melnick saying that Billy Smith ended Pierre Mondou's career with a butt end. Not so. Don't know if he was corrected, most who saw the real incident would have a hard time forgetting the high stick that caused his injury.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
The clown who replaced McGuire is unbearable.

McGuire is no longer on the 5 o'clock show? That sort of sucks. I was hoping Ward was just a temporary replacement.

I can't imagine what the shows are like right now. Must be doom and gloom.

Only thing I will say is that I enjoyed the morning show when it was Denis Cassavants and Elliot Price, who were genuinely funny. I cannot stand the new morning guys. Once Mitch goes, the whole thing will fall apart. It's too bad, Montreal talk shows were an essential part of Montreal culture at one point, real characters like Ted.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
McGuire is no longer on the 5 o'clock show? That sort of sucks. I was hoping Ward was just a temporary replacement.

Only thing I will say is that I enjoyed the morning show when it was Denis Cassavants and Elliot Price, who were genuinely funny. I cannot stand the new morning guys. Once Mitch goes, the whole thing will fall apart. It's too bad, Montreal talk shows were an essential part of Montreal culture at one point, real characters like Ted.
McGuire is in Ottawa, would seriously doubt they would want him talking on MTL radio

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Listen, ummm, I cannot ummm believe that knuckles ummm still has a job and ummm is on the the radio ummm it’s really ummm annoying listening ummm to someone say ummm and ummm every 3 words.

I respect everything Chris did as a player, my dad still talks about him to this day, but my god it’s just brutal radio

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
anything thats hosted by Gallo and Campbell is simply crap, they both are terrible and when they are together its that much worse

I felt the same way until I heard John Still. He makes SC look like a freaking all star lol

Westhead shutting down his asinine, beer league question today was fun

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Listen, ummm, I cannot ummm believe that knuckles ummm still has a job and ummm is on the the radio ummm it’s really ummm annoying listening ummm to someone say ummm and ummm every 3 words.

I respect everything Chris did as a player, my dad still talks about him to this day, but my god it’s just brutal radio

The whole station is a testament to hockey's lack of intelligent coverage

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I felt the same way until I heard John Still. He makes SC look like a freaking all star lol

Westhead shutting down his asinine, beer league question today was fun

There's something about the way Still enunciates. It's nails on the board..

Last edited:
Reactions: jackeymoon

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
Sorry guys I can't find the general "Media" thread.

I happened to catch Rejean Tremblay on 91.9 at about 4PM today, dude was losing his shit about "L'Americain" and Molson and how he's going to have an article tomorrow about Molson Gate. Frigging joke he is, it's nice to see him seething. He needs to be made irrelevant.

This is the best thing Molson has ever done.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Sorry guys I can't find the general "Media" thread.

I happened to catch Rejean Tremblay on 91.9 at about 4PM today, dude was losing his shit about "L'Americain" and Molson and how he's going to have an article tomorrow about Molson Gate. Frigging joke he is, it's nice to see him seething. He needs to be made irrelevant.

This is the best thing Molson has ever done.

Isn't Tremblay an absolute idiot who says one thing and the opposite happens?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

I agree. Last of the Mohicans

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A legend retires

I’ll never forget how during the Olympic Games where he’d be lead anchor, he’d always close a segment just before a commercial break by having the last consonant of his sentence reverberate in what became a parody of himself.

« Back after thisssssssssssssssssssssssss. »

They should have sent him off with some kind of greeting that ends in multiple consonants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad