Speculation: Truscott to hit UFA today - Heading to Detroit?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
There's a ton of reasons that I dislike Yzerman's D UFA signings, but this is another one. I think this kid (and others) have decent profiles that I'd strongly consider, but we don't have the space. If I could just snap Jeff Petry, Justin Holl and Ben Chiarot into dust, then I'd be happy to give this kid a shot. As is, I need those minutes for Edvinsson and AlJo.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
The most recognizable of the three is Truscott, who spent last season as the captain of the University of Michigan. Drafted 144th overall in 2020, it was reported back in February by Rick Dhaliwal of "Donnie and Dhali" that Truscott would not be signing with the Canucks. Projected to return to the University of Michigan next season, Truscott has played 130 games for the Wolverines and was part of Team USA's World Junior team in 2022.

1723922138178.jpeg

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
There's a ton of reasons that I dislike Yzerman's D UFA signings, but this is another one. I think this kid (and others) have decent profiles that I'd strongly consider, but we don't have the space. If I could just snap Jeff Petry, Justin Holl and Ben Chiarot into dust, then I'd be happy to give this kid a shot. As is, I need those minutes for Edvinsson and AlJo.

College players would have to sign an ELC, which will fit the salary cap by burying a player in GR. All of those players can be waived. Nobody has a NMC clause. Husso can also be sent down to GR to make room.

Moot point in this particular case as he's headed back to UofM

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
If this is the case then yes I think acquiring a free asset wouldn’t hurt.

Don’t know much about the player, but it doesn’t hurt to add a character player who’s captained a team before.

Always love hometown kids playing for the childhood teams too.

Agreed. But, if I were him, I'd go after the guaranteed money.

Reactions: 13to40

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
He's a LHD and we're a team that traded a RHD prospect just to get rid of a LHD because we had too many.

... If that tells you the likelihood of him signing here to play in the NHL.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
He can sign here after this season under two conditions.

One, he is accepting of an AHL start to his career, or even ECHL.

Two, he convinces his good buddy McGroarty to sign with us as well.

That said, hard to believe either happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad