SSM Greyhounds 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
Results aren’t unpredictable.

You guys are going to suck.

Pencil yourself into to the bottom 3, it’s a battle between Owen Sound, Soo, and Kitch on who will suck the most.

Reactions: JoeSchmo

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Results aren’t unpredictable.

You guys are going to suck.

Pencil yourself into to the bottom 3, it’s a battle between Owen Sound, Soo, and Kitch on who will suck the most.
Owen sound should be that team no offence to them. I like the fans and their team but it’s just pretty clear they will have a very rough year

George will keep them in every game the first half. His numbers will go way down in the second half but it won’t dictate how he plays. The whole team will start to really stink without Barlow, smith, Guindon, (obviously goure and sedley too)

Cormier should step up big for them. Mbuyi may be in the running for ROTY with how much he will likely play down the stretch too. So there’s some bright spots for sure. Varosayan too is young and talented.

Soo won’t suck. But they won’t compete with the teams that load up. With the middling teams they should make close games. Same with Kitchener.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Fantino released/trade/waivers?

So 4 OA possibilities if true.

Trade Allard Or Schenkel?

Keeping Dezoete and Carlisle seems likley.
Allard should be traded if back for sure.

Schenkel may be a decent upgrade in net for London if London wants him.

Same with parsons on Kitchener and sztuska on the Pete’s.

However I personally believe Sztuska is the best of these 3 and with the prior playoff experience and having gone to the mem cup- I believe London will get him.

Carlisle also may be a decent fairly cheap top 4 d man for a team that needs help on the back end and an OA spot is open. If a team gets desperate they may overpay around the deadline.

I’d say Kingston but our top 2 d men are already left handed so I don’t think that’s a great idea- need some talented right handed d men.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Allard should be traded if back for sure.

Schenkel may be a decent upgrade in net for London if London wants him.

Same with parsons on Kitchener and sztuska on the Pete’s.

However I personally believe Sztuska is the best of these 3 and with the prior playoff experience and having gone to the mem cup- I believe London will get him.

Carlisle also may be a decent fairly cheap top 4 d man for a team that needs help on the back end and an OA spot is open. If a team gets desperate they may overpay around the deadline.

I’d say Kingston but our top 2 d men are already left handed so I don’t think that’s a great idea- need some talented right handed d men.
I think we need to trade Allard for sure. Carlisle, to me, is much more valuable than what he will get in return. he's playing for a potential move to the minors so IMO being on a rebuilding team will show more of what he can do than being lost in the mix on a contending team.

i think the direction we will go will depend on how Miller does to start.

DiggityDawg

Dec 6, 2023
Here’s something interesting

1726091300047.png

Jacob Holmes…first round OHL, drafted by stars. Yes has his entire education paid for.
Remember Van de Ven…signed…played minimally one year…just released.

Point is signed means nothing…it’s a business…performance.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Here’s something interesting

View attachment 906456
Jacob Holmes…first round OHL, drafted by stars. Yes has his entire education paid for.
Remember Van de Ven…signed…played minimally one year…just released.

Point is signed means nothing…it’s a business…performance.

holmes is making more in jr c then two years of his education package is worth. Id do the same thing.

Reactions: DiggityDawg

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Interesting. I don't pretend to follow the OHL closely anymore. Kid didn't want to sign here but he will potentially sign in North Bay? I guess since the 1st round is a compensation pick and not actually belonging to North Bay, the cost is actually a 2nd, 4th, 6th and 7th with the second being multiple years down the road.

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
what a waste.

depending on how our year goes maybe we're building around our '09s instead hahahaha
The 08 picks are only if he reports to North Bay.

Look at what Valentini got, it’s really a better deal than that.

Hounds get the 19th overall pick ( I think ) in next years draft as well as where they stand. I think the biggest mistake would have been keeping him past today.

Reactions: OHLfan200

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
what a waste.

depending on how our year goes maybe we're building around our '09s instead hahahaha
Two first rounders in 2025 makes one for sure expendable to try and contend around Martin and Hayes imo. Could even deal both. Need to hit on them both though which is…. 🙈🙈

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Two first rounders in 2025 makes one for sure expendable to try and contend around Martin and Hayes imo. Could even deal both. Need to hit on them both though which is…. 🙈🙈
I really think our crop of 07s is one of the stronger...depending on where we draft, I'd be okay dealing both. As long as we go all in. Like don't stop like we did with Thompson and Hayes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad