True Crime and Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
How can you say that? Clearly Frost abusing Danton, either physically or mentally, had a lot to do with it. No one is excusing Danton, but Frost brought this on himself by being a terrible person.

It took 9 pages to mention Kevin Stevens. He got himself into a pretty sticky situation by going to a crack house in East St. Louis after a game against the Blues. I heard him discuss it on a podcast where he said that the receptionist saved him because it appeared the unsavory people were gonna rob him or worse.
What crack house has a receptionist! ;o)

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
What crack house has a receptionist! ;o)

Lol, good catch. I believe it was a crack hotel not a crack house. I actually found the link to the story:

Ten pages in and no one has mentioned Eddie $1 Billion Bribe Belfour?

Before Galchenyuk took it to a whole new level, right?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Auston Matthews and his gang waylaid, bullied and sexually harassed a black woman. After arrest he threw enough money at the problem until it went away.

200w.gif

Just out of my curiosity, how do we feel NHL hockey players compare to MLB, NFL, and NBA players in terms of criminal prosecutions? I have no idea, so I'm curious if anyone has any stats or information.

It's generally said that the fans of pro-hockey are a more well-educated, middle-class type of audience compared to other professional sports' fans, but I don't know that that would reflect on the players themselves (traditionally, hockey players were poor, working-class scrubs from farms and small-towns... of course, that has changed today).

Most (?) NBA players go through college before entering the pros, which presumably is good for their transition into being million-dollar young men. Few hockey players do this.

And MLB players are usually older -- 20, 21 at least -- before entering the majors.

Not really. Much like CHL stars, they re treated like Gods in the town/city they play in. They only go to college because they have to be a year removed from high school to be eligible for the NBA draft, very few actually go to class.

Reactions: DaveG

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
Dany Heatley was responsible for killing teammate Dan Snyder in a reckless accident in which he was under the influence of alcohol. He was sentenced to 3 years probation for homicide for killing the man with his reckless behavior.

The NHL and Atlanta Thrashers shamelessly supported him, and the victim's family apparently asked for him to not be imprisoned. (I don't know why in God's green earth that mattered).

Heatley disgustingly played 14 professional hockey seasons and earned over $50 million dollars in contract earnings after committing vehicular homicide on his former teammate.
But he scored 50 in 07 though

Reactions: overlords

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If you Google "spreadsheet of NHL players charged" you'll find a reddit post where someone went through and listed all the times an NHL player, or a group of them were charged going back to the late 70s/early 80s. Not sure if it's been updated with more recent stuff.

Reactions: Voight

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
I'm pretty the subject of the Netflix documentary Don't F*** With Cats, Luka Magnotta, made youtube videos about hockey players before he murdered Jun Lin in a snuff film and mailed parts of Lin's body to various places in Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Ray bourque was charged with dui a few years ago after a crash.

Ryan o'reilly charged for impaired driving after crashing into a Tim Hortons.

Ed belfour resisted arrest and offered the officers 1 billion dollars.

Reactions: DaveG and FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I'm pretty the subject of the Netflix documentary Don't F*** With Cats, Luka Magnotta, made youtube videos about hockey players before he murdered Jun Lin in a snuff film and mailed parts of Lin's body to various places in Canada.
Apparently he made a few posts on this board as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad