True Crime and Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Weren’t there a couple of Canadiens players rumored to be tied to someone from organized crime in Russia years ago? Google is vague as to what happened with that.

''The truth is out there, Mulder, and here's the truth: According to a French-language newspaper in Montreal, Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn are associates with a recently arrested criminal.''

The Kostitsyns and Roman Hamerlik had ties with some mafia goon. The media hyped it up like the biggest scandal ever but nothing really came out of it.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-271515415-1235138655.jpg

''A criminal tied to three Canadiens players''

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I call the bullshit. The family can emotionally forgive him all they want, but their feelings shouldn't factor into justice at all. He recklessly murdered a teammate and got a tap on the wrist (not even a slap). A second chance is maybe like, him getting a normal job and getting to live amongst the public. Not him making 50 mil playing professional hockey.

Do you think that you or I would have gotten 3 years probation for committing vehicular homicide?

Feel free to add as much context to Danton trying to hire a contracted killer as you wish if you think my assessment is unfair to him.
There’s nothing wrong with taking the families wishes into account and at the time he had possibly ended his own career. He had killed his best friend. It was an obvious accident though he made a horrible choice. Calling it murder seems a bit off. He didn’t plunge a knife into his neck. He had a couple of drinks and drove a million miles an hour. Second degree vehicular homicide doesn’t mean automatic jail time in many states from what I can see. It was presumably a first offense and there was no intent to commit harm just irresponsible behavior.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Kevin Stevens - arrested with a prostitute with some cocain

Ed Belfour - offered police $1billion bribe to avoid arrest

Dino Ciccarelli ended up in jail after being convicted of assaulting Luke Richardson with his stick

In 1987, he pleaded guilty to indecent exposure and received probation.

EKO1v9kXkAMRezh.jpg

Reactions: algernon and DaveG

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Dany Heatley was responsible for killing teammate Dan Snyder in a reckless accident in which he was under the influence of alcohol. He was sentenced to 3 years probation for homicide for killing the man with his reckless behavior.

The NHL and Atlanta Thrashers shamelessly supported him, and the victim's family apparently asked for him to not be imprisoned. (I don't know why in God's green earth that mattered).

Heatley disgustingly played 14 professional hockey seasons and earned over $50 million dollars in contract earnings after committing vehicular homicide on his former teammate.
If I remember correctly, Dan Snyder wasn't wearing a seatbelt during the accident

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Weren’t there a couple of Canadiens players rumored to be tied to someone from organized crime in Russia years ago? Google is vague as to what happened with that.
are you talking about that whole "darkest day in Habs history" nonsense years back? Yeah there were rumors ranging from the Russian Mob to the Hells Angels and it turned out to be a huge nothing burger.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
There was the "1990 Georgetown Scandal", as it's been called here on HF before, in which 4 Caps players were credibly accused with raping a 17 year old. Dino Ciccarelli, Scott Stevens, Geoff Courtnall and Neil Sheahy. Nick Kypreos was around but out getting food at the moment. He testified to a grand jury which decided not to indict the 4 players. Lot of history online about it.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Whoa, wtf? How do we know this? And man- what a weird feeling. I used to wonder that when I worked a drive-thru- “huh, I wonder if I’ve cashiered any killers?” Weird dude to imagine liking hockey. Also seems he did it solely for attention, which is.. somewhat freaky
Im also curious if he was really on here , I actually lived in the same building than this guys years before it happened, weird dude.

As for liking hockey...its kind of a religion here so that's not suprising for a guy living in Montreal

• Wow
Reactions: DaveG

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Whoa, wtf? How do we know this? And man- what a weird feeling. I used to wonder that when I worked a drive-thru- “huh, I wonder if I’ve cashiered any killers?” Weird dude to imagine liking hockey. Also seems he did it solely for attention, which is.. somewhat freaky

Moderators with a better memory may know. I think he was here trying to get his videos traction

Reactions: DaveG

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Yeah, I remember when his case was fresh, there were some poster(s) here sleuthing and they found some posts that Luka made here.

algernon

Mar 19, 2006
Calgary

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
They should do a crime doc about this one player who once dropped his pants in front of a female secur...ahhh nevermind

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I was a sales associate at a large department store. I helped a guy shop and he handed me his credit card. I noted and mentioned that he had the same name as a famous football player (though spells a bit differently). A few months later, I read that he killed and dismembered a local college student.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad