Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
If we can get Trouba retained at 5.5 with a third party retaining another 2M, AND getting rid of Holls contract, the outlook is pretty good, depending on the price of course.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Please no. A headhunter whose game is in decline. Consistently gets beat wide.

We've seen it with guys like Seabrook, Dumoulin-- avoid these types of players as soon as they turn 30.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If we can get Trouba retained at 5.5 with a third party retaining another 2M, AND getting rid of Holls contract, the outlook is pretty good, depending on the price of course.
If you need all this bs to happen what does it say about the player? He is just the name, a shell of his former self and trending downwards. I fully expect us to be interested.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Why when next year we’ll simply be replacing the buyout conversations with Trouba instead. Why trade one dud for another?

Reactions: AD1066

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Yea that's me, always shitting on Yzerman's moves and hating really hard on the team. You got it so right there.

If Yzerman pays your favorite UFA dman to the term he's going to get, you'd shit on it. Don't like.

Two years at a lower cap hit for a bottom 4 guy that adds toughness is a better decision. Especially after getting rid of "detroit's 2nd best dman" that no GM in the league wanted 3.4m contract.

Yzerman is building the most entertaining DRW team since I've seen in almost a decade. I'm happy with the big picture.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Trouba wouldnt be my want if we were getting a RHD, Id rather get Tanev on a shorter term deal, but depending on how much is retained this isnt the worst move imo. He's only signed for 2 years, and by the time his contract is up I would have to assume ASP would be knocking on the door about to make the team.

Reactions: Gibby

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
One of only three people on my ignore list.

Must be recent because you're always responding to my posts. You don't like it when anyone enjoys seeing the improvements of the team. Anything that happens must result in negative responses and hate.. or BOOM, "Ignore list!".

I encourage all SNOWFLAKES to ignore me. Hide in your safe space so your feelings don't get hurt.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I did ten years ago.

I always thought Trouba was overrated, even 10 years ago. But when you idle your expectations and accept he is what he is, then he's a decent mid dman with size and toughness.

Jet fans use to act like he was the 2nd coming of Christ. I always expected this HUGE breakout that never happened. That's not saying he is terrible. If his cap hit is in fact 5.5m, then I think he is fine add to help push this team to uptick the 6th year under Yzerman on his chart. Progress is the goal.

Attachments

• yzerman.png
    yzerman.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 1

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I always thought Trouba was overrated, even 10 years ago. But when you idle your expectations and accept he is what he is, then he's a decent mid dman with size and toughness.

Jet fans use to act like he was the 2nd coming of Christ. I always expected this HUGE breakout that never happened. That's not saying he is terrible. If his cap hit is in fact 5.5m, then I think he is fine add to help push this team to uptick the 6th year under Yzerman on his chart. Progress is the goal.
The problem is his cap hit is ridiculous. I wish he had Holl's deal.

Reactions: jkutswings

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I love all of you guys but damn the off season brings in some savagery out of some of you.

Again. I love you guys lol

Let this play out
I don't want to let it play out. So far we have traded a good underrated Big RD defense prospect to ship out Walman.

Jacob Trouba is a dirty piece of shit and sucks.

Namaste, Go Wings, namaste! 🙏
I'm trying old friend but I'm losing it here lol

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I don't want to let it play out. So far we have traded a good underrated Big RD defense prospect to ship out Walman.

Jacob Trouba is a dirty piece of shit and sucks.

I'm trying old friend but I'm losing it here lol
Literally don't like any move we've done in the past week. It's either status quo from Detroit or head scratcher.

Reactions: Go Wings

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Literally don't like any move we've done in the past week. It's either status quo from Detroit or head scratcher.

Help me understand this. I see status quo as in getting incrementally better without losing future assets or prospects.

I'm judging Yzerman based on how the team gets better in the big picture. And so far he has delivered each and every year since being here. It looks like Yzerman wants to make moves to get this team over 91 points in 2025... all while not giving up assets.

This is a weak draft because they lost development time in COVID years. I think after MBN, there's not much there other than (hopefully) Griffins depth.

If Yzerman lands Trouba, I expect him to go for some offense July 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00