Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Rangers fans hated Marc Staal with a passion and were thrilled when we took him on. Did pretty well with us. Trouba could be better than that in the long run.

I have a long list of players who need an elbow to the head that I would like to share with Jacob.

But how does it work if Trouba is on that list of players needing an elbow?

Asking for a friend.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
But how does it work if Trouba is on that list of players needing an elbow?

Asking for a friend.
I can be your hero.

jacob-trouba-rangers.gif

minimal

Apr 12, 2024
My biggest issue with this is that when he inevitably chicken-wings a player next season, he'll actually be suspended since he won't be in NY anymore.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
I can be your hero.

jacob-trouba-rangers.gif
He just elbowed the glass. What’s your problem? /S

And real talk, it looked one hell of a lot worse because the other guy slipped. It definitely was an elbow in the making. But it wasn’t the heat seeking missile it appears to be if the guy keeps his feet.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
So let's get slower and take dumb penalties instead?

Literally so much dirt in one gif lol

Yeah he will never get his banner raised in Detroit. Doesn't change the fact that he'll add toughness, defensive stability, and allow Seider a chance to match up for a more offensive role as Trouba will take more of defense role on the 2nd pairing. Seider needs help.

Do you want Roy 6x6? I don't want term.

Reactions: RRhoads

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Same here. I don't want term either. Would be nice to find a tough, defensive 2RD that can eat some of Seider's hard minutes until Ed can, and ASP can tak that 2rd spot. But the cap has to be right, not so concerned about 2nd rounders it takes to retain the cap.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Same here. I don't want term either. Would be nice to find a tough, defensive 2RD that can eat some of Seider's hard minutes until Ed can, and ASP can tak that 2rd spot. But the cap has to be right, not so concerned about 2nd rounders it takes to retain the cap.
By the time ASP is ready for a top 4 role, $6M will be a 3rd pairing salary anyway. Getting the better defensive player in Roy is greatly preferable to taking on a barely skating liability in Trouba.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Yeah he will never get his banner raised in Detroit. Doesn't change the fact that he'll add toughness, defensive stability, and allow Seider a chance to match up for a more offensive role as Trouba will take more of defense role on the 2nd pairing. Seider needs help.

Why? Why don't you want term?

Do you not feel Roy is worth it.. or opposed to giving out term altogether?

It's interesting....I totally get it if you think Roy simply isn't good enough, but if the later, our ability yo obtain and maintain talent is in trouble

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I know people are going to find issue with any defenseman coming in that's not Makar but Trouba is a significant upgrade to several defenders who have been getting minutes and this kind of move is part of becoming an actual playoff team vs. just barely missing.

The term is good, the cap hit will be reduced, so assuming the price is right this helps the team with improved defense and much needed sandpaper. You take these kind of wins.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Roy is routinely in position to make plays. I'd sooner accept that he may not remain that way for the duration of his contract, instead of trading for a player who is already in the phase of his career where he's routinely out of position.

If Detroit was seeking to bring Trouba here at $3.5M AAV for the third pairing, I'd have zero issue with it. But at $5.5M on the second pairing, either Edvinsson takes a huge leap to be able to carry him, and it's a tolerable waste of $2-3M of cap space, or the kid isn't quite ready, and it's an intolerable waste of $5.5M of cap space.

I hope I'm wrong. But out of Compher, Copp, Petry, Holl, Ghost, Debrincat, and now possibly Trouba... ADB is the only veteran player Yzerman has added in the last year or two that I'm ok with.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I know people are going to find issue with any defenseman coming in that's not Makar but Trouba is a significant upgrade to several defenders who have been getting minutes and this kind of move is part of becoming an actual playoff team vs. just barely missing.

The term is good, the cap hit will be reduced, so assuming the price is right this helps the team with improved defense and much needed sandpaper. You take these kind of wins.
Makar? I want the opposite of Makar. Steady stay-at-home please and thank you.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Why? Why don't you want term?

Do you not feel Roy is worth it.. or opposed to giving out term altogether?

It's interesting....I totally get it if you think Roy simply isn't good enough, but if the later, our ability yo obtain and maintain talent is in trouble

Because something better will come along by the time Wings are going for the cup. Roy is a fine piece now, but not when he's 35 yr old stump. Effectively using up cap that should be used on a significant upgrade when its the window to chase the cup.

A lot can happen in 2 years and someone great could become available. I don't feel comfortable to hand out long overpaid UFA contracts to a shiny new piece with a short life expectancy. That's poor cap management. By 2027/28 Wings are going for the cup. Old man Roy should not be the overpaid player to be part of that window.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Roy is routinely in position to make plays. I'd sooner accept that he may not remain that way for the duration of his contract, instead of trading for a player who is already in the phase of his career where he's routinely out of position.

If Detroit was seeking to bring Trouba here at $3.5M AAV for the third pairing, I'd have zero issue with it. But at $5.5M on the second pairing, either Edvinsson takes a huge leap to be able to carry him, and it's a tolerable waste of $2-3M of cap space, or the kid isn't quite ready, and it's an intolerable waste of $5.5M of cap space.

I hope I'm wrong. But out of Compher, Copp, Petry, Holl, Ghost, Debrincat, and now possibly Trouba... ADB is the only veteran player Yzerman has added in the last year or two that I'm ok with.

I'd do Roy at 4 x 5.5m. He isn't taking that on the open market.

EDIT or 2 x 6.5m. Prefer short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad