Trouba huge hit

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Highly aggressive but clean hit. Maybe a tad bit high but I don’t see an issue. It was just a big hit.

I wish the Wings still had Kronwall making hits like that.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
What a dirty f***ing piece of shit once again.

And f*** these refs. Point of contact is directly to the head. Yeah f***ing right this league cares about the health of its players.
Point of contact will always be high if a player who’s been playing hockey their entire life is too stupid to lift up their arms, or position themselves better. It was a clean hit. If you have an issue with it stop watching hockey and go enjoy yourself some volleyball or bowling.

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
How exactly was Trouba supposed to avoid head contact when Barron's head was so low?
You dont go for the life ending hit...
Its what we pay them for. If they dont want to take the risk, they can quit.
We dont pay them anything and we dont need this insane hits. I agree theyre awesome to watch until we find out dudes brains are scrambled later in life. And that hit did not affect the game in either direction. Simply unnecessary.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Extremely predatory hit. Trouba really waited until the exact moment he could make as much damage as possible.

It would've been perfectly clean unless he only hit Barron in the head too.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Did you watch it at all? Its at post 122 so you can go see.

1. No he didn't. As then he wouldn't have hit the head first. Trouba is such a great hitter right so shouldn't be a problem then should it?

2. Its a yes and no. All players are in dangerous positions offensively. He didn't change direction, the video is there to prove it. He goes in the same direction. Frankly even skating closer to the board. Now he might have wanted to intend to do it but he didn't.

3. Once again no, referring to 2.

You are the one arguing he changed direction and the video show he didn't.
I’m going to ask for a 5th time…

If I am skating DIRECTLY AT YOU with my head down… how do you avoid head contact?

I am really, really looking forward to this answer

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

We dont pay them anything and we dont need this insane hits. I agree theyre awesome to watch until we find out dudes brains are scrambled later in life. And that hit did not affect the game in either direction. Simply unnecessary.
To the bolded… what is stopping a player from just barreling down the ice with his head down dipsy doodling through stick checks if he’s then ineligible to be hit in your imaginary world.

Whether you like it or not, massive clean hits are a big part of momentum in hockey.

Reactions: Takeahnase

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
If you’ve skated a single shift in your life, you would understand. You’re talking about fractions of a second. When Trouba decides to make that hit he doesn’t know Barron’s going to go full potato and position himself where a hobbit would take off his head.

Look at the replay in slow-mo. Trouba’s lining him up. Barron needs to embrace the hit because it’s coming. Elbows tucked. Didn’t leave his feet. Aggressive, yes, but clean.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
All chest, no head...lol right

Its awesome to watch, but this is not needed in our game today.

And yes, a lot of the onus os on Barron for thinking he can just dump a pass, watch it, and cruise back to his blueline on Trouba's wing.
No one is saying there wasn
All chest, no head...lol right

Its awesome to watch, but this is not needed in our game today.

And yes, a lot of the onus os on Barron for thinking he can just dump a pass, watch it, and cruise back to his blueline on Trouba's wing.
as far as I can tell, I don’t see anyone saying there wasn’t any head contact. They’re saying it was unavoidable and this was directly through the body.

Which is what your screenshots prove without a doubt as well

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Make a correct hit and not hit the head first. If not, don't make the hit. There isn't an argument that it can't be made as we have endless amounts of clean hits. Apparently players are able to do it. IF Trouba can't do it, then don't make the hit.
Way to avoid answering the question once again. How is he supposed to make a "correct" hit when Barron is so low? How was head contact avoidable considering Trouba was hitting through the body? Was Trouba supposed to crouch down even further so his shoulder is under the top of the board? Head contact was unavoidable in this situation because of Barron's body position.

Reactions: Kupo

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If you’ve skated a single shift in your life, you would understand. You’re talking about fractions of a second. When Trouba decides to make that hit he doesn’t know Barron’s going to go full potato and position himself where a hobbit would take off his head.

Look at the replay in slow-mo. Trouba’s lining him up. Barron needs to embrace the hit because it’s coming. Elbows tucked. Didn’t leave his feet. Aggressive, yes, but clean.
Exactly! Great hit and exactly how the game should be played. This is a nothing hit if Baron just keeps his head up. The guys bump but that’s it.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Make a correct hit and not hit the head first. If not, don't make the hit. There isn't an argument that it can't be made as we have endless amounts of clean hits. Apparently players are able to do it. IF Trouba can't do it, then don't make the hit.
So players with the puck should just skate around with their heads leaning forward so any attempt at checking them will automatically be illegal because the head could never be avoided???

What should Trouba have done instead...avoid the hit and take himself out of the play? Go down on his knees at the last millisecond?

This happens incredibly fast. Seriously, what else is Trouba supposed to do?

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
My 2 cents :

- A clean, legal hit according to the NHL rulebook

- A disgusting, gutless and vicious move according to any other human standards.

But since the NHL is trash : good hit! We were lucky enough to see a young man get concussed live on TV and there was blood and a fight as a bonus. What a good show!

Also, good thing that the NHL punished the only moral thing that happened in this sequence, which is to defend a rookie player getting attacked by a repeated offender. Lets keep this as immoral and indecent as possible please!

It sends a really great message to our kids! It's ok to attack vulnerable people! It's wrong to defend your younger friend against bullies! Violence is so cool! Concussions makes a good show!

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
Point of contact will always be high if a player who’s been playing hockey their entire life is too stupid to lift up their arms, or position themselves better. It was a clean hit. If you have an issue with it stop watching hockey and go enjoy yourself some volleyball or bowling.
The chest and the chin are not in the same spot.
To the bolded… what is stopping a player from just barreling down the ice with his head down dipsy doodling through stick checks if he’s then ineligible to be hit in your imaginary world.

Whether you like it or not, massive clean hits are a big part of momentum in hockey.
Most dmen now are intelligent enough to push the player off into the boards or hug him in. Same hockey play results in it.

Ah a 5-2 game with 10 minutes left needed a momentum swing.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Shoulder through the guys skull.

HFboards: "Clean hit"

Amazing anyone thinks this should be in our game. Did Barron pull up to try to dodge the train? Yes. Did Troube still make contact directly with his head? Yes.

This isnt a fun video game hit anymore. This can ruin guys lives.

Clean hit as in it is legal under NHL rules.

I think the league could do more to protect players brains (like punish non-hockey plays like elbows to the head more severely) but how do you eliminate these kinds of hits without fundamentally changing the game?

This hit ended up with head contact but not because of anything Trouba did other than throw a legal body check.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
I’m going to ask for a 5th time…

If I am skating DIRECTLY AT YOU with my head down… how do you avoid head contact?

I am really, really looking forward to this answer

Way to avoid answering the question once again. How is he supposed to make a "correct" hit when Barron is so low? How was head contact avoidable considering Trouba was hitting through the body? Was Trouba supposed to crouch down even further so his shoulder is under the top of the board? Head contact was unavoidable in this situation because of Barron's body position.

So players with the puck should just skate around with their heads leaning forward so any attempt at checking them will automatically be illegal because the head could never be avoided???

What should Trouba have done instead...avoid the hit and take himself out of the play? Go down on his knees at the last millisecond?

This happens incredibly fast. Seriously, what else is Trouba supposed to do?
To all of the above.

If you are unable to make a clean hit, don't make the hit. Simple. IF you decide to make a dirty hit because that's your way to stop the opponent or the play. Fine. Then take the suspension if you want it and do it more times later on so you get longer and longer suspensions.

Or just make clean hits like apparently much of the rest of the league manage to do and surprisingly they don't make the hits they don't think they can't make if they see they can't land a clean hit.

The hit is at post 122 on page 5. Trouba clearly hits the head first, the head jolts back before hitting anything else at all. It's targeted.

So easy, yet so difficult for some.

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024

Ironically I played at a very high level against players still in the league. He can make the same exact hit at a fraction of the force and its a normal hit we see on every single shift. Troube doesnt leave his feet but dude has all his force coming off his back leg and he torpedos his shoulder and back through him with the intention to injure.

No one is shocked anymore with Trouba, I get that, and players need to be aware, which Barron wasnt. Barron shouldve protected himself instead of admiring his pass. Every hockey player will say that. Still the first point of contact is the head and it shouldnt be on Barron to prevent that.

This isnt NHL Hitz anymore. Id rather see guys not have their careers ended for no reason. Push him into the boards and the play goes on.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
To all of the above.

If you are unable to make a clean hit, don't make the hit. Simple. IF you decide to make a dirty hit because that's your way to stop the opponent or the play. Fine. Then take the suspension if you want it and do it more times later on so you get longer and longer suspensions.

Or just make clean hits like apparently much of the rest of the league manage to do and surprisingly they don't make the hits they don't think they can't make if they see they can't land a clean hit.

The hit is at post 122 on page 5. Trouba clearly hits the head first, the head jolts back before hitting anything else at all. It's targeted.

So easy, yet so difficult for some.

Then why wouldn't forwards skate around with their heads down knowing they can't be hit?

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
That's not how it works. You've got a Red Wings avatar, I'm assuming you watched Kronwall for years man, you should know how it works.

Extremely predatory hit. Trouba really waited until the exact moment he could make as much damage as possible.

It would've been perfectly clean unless he only hit Barron in the head too.
It's called timing. He timed his hit, which is how you're supposed to hit.

Reactions: Kupo

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
The chest and the chin are not in the same spot.

Most dmen now are intelligent enough to push the player off into the boards or hug him in. Same hockey play results in it.

Ah a 5-2 game with 10 minutes left needed a momentum swing.

Yes, when it’s 3 goal lead with a measly 10 minutes left they should just pack it in and play nice. Participation ribbons should be given for everyone at the end of the game too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad