Speculation: Trouba Contract Discussion Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Welp.
Announcing the trade demand isn't really operating in good faith. Immediately eats into the Jets bargaining position.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Welp.

This is no good for us. My guess is that they've already requested a trade privately and Jets have shopped him but didn't like their offers. By Trouba+Overhardt publicly asking, teams will offer less than before.

Of course they will. So make him sit.
Then do him for hamonic

Darth Jet

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg
This is ridiculous, so apparently he doesn't want to play the left side, **** you Overhardt. I know its not beneficial for the jets but screw Overhardt, leave him unsigned for 4 years. (Note:still pissed off from the last second stamps FG and now this)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Welp.
Announcing the trade demand isn't really operating in good faith. Immediately eats into the Jets bargaining position.

If they've been talking about it since May, I'm guessing every team in the league got a call from Chevy by now.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Not about term or money, it's about bloody usage. Really Chevy? We're going to sacrifice Trouba to keep Myers?

Oh brother

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Maybe with 8 years Jets get a discount to $5.5 million. Otherwise 6x6.

I think you're missing a bigger picture here. The team is highly unlikely to get a "volume discount" on years for a young player.

The more logical result of 8 years vs. 6 is that the A.A.V. would go UP!

U.F.A. years for a player in his prime are absolutely more expensive for the team.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I am not hugely surprised. My sense has been that Trouba might not have wanted to sign long term with the Jets. According to Overhardt, he hasn't even been discussing contract with the Jets for the past several months. I guess he thinks this will put more pressure on Chevy to make a trade. It seems likely that Chevy has been reluctant to trade Trouba until seeing how Myers responded to surgery. I wonder what the trade market is for Myers.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
So stupid, no talks for months?

Hope Trouba likes his new team, Chevy is bone head.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'd say it's probably as much about money/not really wanting to be here as it is about usage. As in, the money needs to be enough to counterbalance the fact that he'd rather be elsewhere. Wants a premium to stay...sorta the opposite of the 'ol hometown discount.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Make him sit. Or go play in khl. No way do you trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad