Trivia thread, the revival

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
To answer the question, the player is Jorg Heinrich, who moved from Dortmund to Fiorentina for the then record fee for German player.

After winning the BL title and CL with Dortmund during his two seasons there, off he went to Italy aged 28. But only stayed there for two seasons before coming back to Dortmund for quarter of the price Viola had paid. Maybe he was Trapattoni's choice (who had seen him when manager of Bayern Munich) and Fiorentina pushed for the Serie A title led by Batistuta's goals and took part in the CL, so they were in the "win now" mode. But still a very high fee at that time.

Heinrich finished his pro playing career with Union Berlin, and continued as their staff member. He is now an assistant manager at Dortmund.

Reactions: Evilo

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Barcola isn’t a heavy scorer at all - I’d be surprised if he had more than 20.

German is Musiala, I imagine.

Oh and Barcola, for good measure, was born in 2002 and isn’t eligible

French one has gotta be Wahi

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Nope, nope and yes!
Barcola isn’t a heavy scorer at all - I’d be surprised if he had more than 20.

German is Musiala, I imagine.
I was least confident in Barcola being the French one. Just didn't have another guess.

I thought the German was between Wirtz and Musiala. And for some reason my head cannon thinks Wirtz broke through earlier than Musiala, but I guess not.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I was least confident in Barcola being the French one. Just didn't have another guess.

I thought the German was between Wirtz and Musiala. And for some reason my head cannon thinks Wirtz broke through earlier than Musiala, but I guess not.
As I recall, they broke out around the same time but Musiala surged faster - Wirtz has caught up. Musiala was in Germany’s Euro squad at 18, wasn’t he?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
As I recall, they broke out around the same time but Musiala surged faster - Wirtz has caught up. Musiala was in Germany’s Euro squad at 18, wasn’t he?
Wikipedia agrees with you, but not my memory for some reason. Wirtz has 27 goals, so not far behind those 3 guys.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OK another hint then.
The french guy has changed teams twice in the last two summers.

And another hint.
The last guy has scored 41 league goals (42 since the question was asked) but also 3 goals and 1 assist in 8 European games. 2+1 in 6 CL games.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
OK another hint then.
The french guy has changed teams twice in the last two summers.

And another hint.
The last guy has scored 41 league goals (42 since the question was asked) but also 3 goals and 1 assist in 8 European games. 2+1 in 6 CL games.
Is it not Wahi? I think maybe you didn’t see my addition of that

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Name the coach who has never lost against Guardiola, Ancelotti, Mourinho and Nageslmann in 7 european games (3 wins, 4 draws).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad