Value of: Tristan Jarry?

iago

Apr 2, 2024
I see that he has had a rough start to the season and the Pens are playing their third string over him right now. One thing Dubas has done pretty consistently is move off of players when they lose their fit. That makes me think we could see Jarry being shopped to some teams who could use goaltending help.

What teams might be interested (Oilers, Canucks, Sharks, who else?) and what might it cost to get him?
After last night, I think there is no hope of trading Jarry, at least not without multiple significant sweeteners attached.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
You drafted him in two leagues? :biglaugh:
The poster made the panic move. The one where you just got off your picks that are close together and now somebody just started the select your good goalie, race. Sat there just watching all the good goalies get selected and waited 20+ minutes to be disappointed.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the only chance the Penguins will have at moving Jarry is adding to him for another bad goalie with less term. I could see something around Jarry+ for Georgiev making a lot of sense with how bad Georgiev has been, but that + is probably something worthwhile. Not a 1st or anything crazy like that, but something halfway decent.

That is pretty similar to the Perron for Hagelin trade back in the day, but it was Perron and Clendening for Hagelin. I'm unsure if he'd cut it, but Jarry and Poulin for Georgiev could make sense as that move. The Penguins would probably need to retain a bit as well.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I think the only chance the Penguins will have at moving Jarry is adding to him for another bad goalie with less term. I could see something around Jarry+ for Georgiev making a lot of sense with how bad Georgiev has been, but that + is probably something worthwhile. Not a 1st or anything crazy like that, but something halfway decent.

That is pretty similar to the Perron for Hagelin trade back in the day, but it was Perron and Clendening for Hagelin. I'm unsure if he'd cut it, but Jarry and Poulin for Georgiev could make sense as that move. The Penguins would probably need to retain a bit as well.
I doubt the Avs are dumb enough to swap their mediocre goalie who has less than a year left for another mediocre goalie with 3 years left and only getting paid a guy that just cleared waivers in the process.

The cost to move Jarry without a similar longer term contract coming back would be very high.

Reactions: hn777

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I doubt the Avs are dumb enough to swap their mediocre goalie who has less than a year left for another mediocre goalie with 3 years left and only getting paid a guy that just cleared waivers in the process.

The cost to move Jarry without a similar longer term contract coming back would be very high.

Georgiev is even worse than Jarry is, though.

I don't think Poulin is enough but I think you're overestimating how much the Penguins would have to add to make that swap happen. I'd be surprised if it was more than like a 2nd in value.

Sike Mullivan

Nickstuitveness.
Nov 15, 2010
I wonder if Anaheim is out of contention, they trade Gibson to Colorado for Georgiev ++, then swap Georgiev for Jarry+ and run with Jarry/Dostal for a couple years.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Georgiev is even worse than Jarry is, though.

I don't think Poulin is enough but I think you're overestimating how much the Penguins would have to add to make that swap happen. I'd be surprised if it was more than like a 2nd in value.
Georgiev is in the final year of his deal with a 3.4 mill cap hit.

Jarry has 3 years left with a 5.375 cap hit.

Georgiev would be pretty easy to move. Jarry is a boat anchor.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wonder if Anaheim is out of contention, they trade Gibson to Colorado for Georgiev ++, then swap Georgiev for Jarry+ and run with Jarry/Dostal for a couple years.

You have the plus on the wrong side with that Gibson to Colorado trade.

Georgiev is in the final year of his deal with a 3.4 mill cap hit.

Jarry has 3 years left with a 5.375 cap hit.

Georgiev would be pretty easy to move. Jarry is a boat anchor.

Yes hence why the Penguins would be adding in the deal.

Georgiev is terrible, he's even worse than Jarry. Something like Jarry and a 2nd for Georgiev is probably pretty close to realistic, espectially if the Penguins retain Jarry down into the $4 million area. Korpisalo is way worse than Jarry and he was moved as a neutral value player at $3 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad