Value of: Tristan Jarry?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Jarry's probably going to need an enticement attached to him to move him at this point. No, not a 1st or something. But probably something like Jarry and a 4th for a conditional 7th. Largely due to his contract and remaining term.

The problem with Jarry is he's just so mentally weak. He's one of the most un-clutch (if you can call it that) goalies I've seen. And weirdly, he's great pre all-star break but turns into a sieve after January.

When he's on his game, he IS a good goalie. But he just can't seem to get over that mental hurdle to consistently play at that level, and has a knack for giving up weak goals when the team is starting to find its game, which in turn derails any sort of momentum the team has.

Ah, so he is Freddy Andersen. I have seen that before myself.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Oilers need to spend any available cap on upgrading the 2nd RHD before ever thinking about spending assets on anything else.

Anyone that thinks a goalie should be a priority for the Oilers hasn't looked at the Oilers roster
You are correct. Defence wins cups, not goaltenders. It won’t matter what goalie Edmonton has with that defence.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Oilers need to spend any available cap on upgrading the 2nd RHD before ever thinking about spending assets on anything else.

Anyone that thinks a goalie should be a priority for the Oilers hasn't looked at the Oilers roster
How about Jarry and Karlsson for cap dumps and all the picks and prospects?

Vlasic for Jarry (and some sweetner on which ever side?) Or not that bad?
Would take Vlasic back as a cap dump but we're going to need a pick or prospect in the deal.

Jarry and Graves for Hubs? sold.
As a Pens fan I'd seriously consider it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Something around Huberdeau, Dman for Graves, Jarry

Huberdeau, Bahl, Vladar (expiring) for Eller (expiring), Graves, Jarry
and then Calgary has to add futures for PIT to say yes
Calgary might need to max-retain on Vladar to make cap work

( I'm just messing around, doubt PIT would agree to this )
I would do this as well as the slimmed down version of Graves+Jarry for Hubs.

I'm one of the few that still thinks Hubs could be a lot better with a star center.

I imagine the Penguins would have to send a forward to Calgary as well.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Vlasic for Jarry (and some sweetner on which ever side?) Or not that bad?
Vlasic has only this season and next and Sharks don't need the cap now (but might in year 3 or 4 of Jarry) and considering all that, Sharks at this point probably let Vlasic retire as a Shark as it's his only team for his entire career.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I would do this as well as the slimmed down version of Graves+Jarry for Hubs.

I'm one of the few that still thinks Hubs could be a lot better with a star center.

I imagine the Penguins would have to send a forward to Calgary as well.
Eller is there for cap reasons and Penguins sending a forward out to make room for Huberdeau. Expiring contract. Same with Vladar, cap reasons and so Penguins have another goalie (just for this year only) and Blomqvist can start in Wilkes-Barre. I included Bahl so Pens can have a 3rd pair LD to replace Graves, but he's also young and big and has potential.

Forward and D and goalie for forward and D and goalie makes sense to me when you need at least 5 or 6 guys to make cap work and some of them are expiring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad